Your reaction to the Cormier/Nelson fight?

MANIAC123

Yolo Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Mine was this.

puppet_facepalm_gif.gif

What was your reaction to this buzz kill of a fight?

I thought it was a good fight, did you expect DC to start brawling? he could get a title shot and you expect him to throw it away so you fools can be happy

Wasn't Cormier's fault.

Roy Nelson didn't fight, even with his taunting at the end of the fight, he still didn't fight.

Also, Nelson's great chin makes his opponent look worse than they are.......Cormier was tagging him with punches that would have put a lot of fighters down.

Man, I love a good reaction thread as much as the next guy but I dont know what you're looking for here. I actually thought it was a good fight. It was a showcase for DC's skills, which is exactly why the fight was booked. Nelson looked like shit because he always does when he fights a top level guy, and thats exactly what Cormier is. The fight might have seemed boring in comparison to the other fights on this card, but I thought it was pretty good. Unfortunately it went exactly as most of us predicted

Wasn't Cormier's fault.

Roy Nelson didn't fight, even with his taunting at the end of the fight, he still didn't fight.

Also, Nelson's great chin makes his opponent look worse than they are.......Cormier was tagging him with punches that would have put a lot of fighters down.

Yea, more often than not the guy doing the taunting is losing.

Nelson looked so defeated after the first round, I realize he was gassed but he hardly threw the one thing he knew could win the fight for him.

DC stomped him in all possible ways, I'd like to point out though that DCs standup was kind of sloppy and just downright wierd at times.

As soon as I saw three HWs on the PPV, I knew that most of them were going to be boring, if not the worst fights on the card.

Surprise, surprise.

Mine was to go to sleep after round 2. Cormier is slowly becoming the most boring fighter in the UFC. His last three fights were supposed to be gimme fights, guys he was supposed to destroy easily. Yet, all we got was a bunch of shitty wrestlefuckage.

As soon as I saw three HWs on the PPV, I knew that most of them were going to be boring, if not the worst fights on the card.

Surprise, surprise.

lol 2/3 were outstanding fights, so I guess you were totally fucking wrong?

It was a slightly lower energy intensity, but was well needed for me after the last few fights so that I could regroup my thoughts, order some food, go the restroom, and prepare myself mentally for the main event.

lol 2/3 were outstanding fights, so I guess you were totally fucking wrong?

Which two?

Jordan/Gonzada was a generic HW fight. If one didn't knock the other out, they'd be panting and gasping for air by the end of the first round.

JDS/Cain was mostly wall-n-stall with some shots peppered in. Boring. If a lighter weight class fought like that, you'd have Just Bleed Meatheads cutting themselves over the injustice.

Cormier/Nelson was again, boring as shit.

The hyperactive, 125 pound Greg Jackson fighter put on a better show then 6 men 12 times his size combined.

It was a shame Roy couldn't make it competitive (but not surprising). I spent a lot of the fight being amazed at DC's speed (I never get used to it) and admiring his transitions from striking to TD.

Sorry for all the words, but I'm pretty sure there's no GIF for that.

Nelson was just looking for that one big shot and DC was ready to react. it looked like DC was favoring his right hand a little during the fight though

DC played it kinda safe, but I can't blame him, I was still pleased by the skillset he put on display, dude will be super exciting when someone (Jones?) pushes him.

Back