Your reaction to the Cormier/Nelson fight?

6.gif

Mine was to go to sleep after round 2. Cormier is slowly becoming the most boring fighter in the UFC. His last three fights were supposed to be gimme fights, guys he was supposed to destroy easily. Yet, all we got was a bunch of shitty wrestlefuckage.

Here's an idea. Watch the fight again. See how many hard rights DC landed on Roy, and how those would've KO'd any regular human being. If you don't see this info, rewatch until you feel wrong about this statement you made above.

Which two?

Jordan/Gonzada was a generic HW fight. If one didn't knock the other out, they'd be panting and gasping for air by the end of the first round.

JDS/Cain was mostly wall-n-stall with some shots peppered in. Boring. If a lighter weight class fought like that, you'd have Just Bleed Meatheads cutting themselves over the injustice.

Cormier/Nelson was again, boring as shit.

The hyperactive, 125 pound Greg Jackson fighter put on a better show then 6 men 12 times his size combined.

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif

Which two?

Jordan/Gonzada was a generic HW fight. If one didn't knock the other out, they'd be panting and gasping for air by the end of the first round.

JDS/Cain was mostly wall-n-stall with some shots peppered in. Boring. If a lighter weight class fought like that, you'd have Just Bleed Meatheads cutting themselves over the injustice.

Cormier/Nelson was again, boring as shit.

The hyperactive, 125 pound Greg Jackson fighter put on a better show then 6 men 12 times his size combined.

I think the difference between me and you is that I don't play bullshit hypotheticals with how fights could have gone, and I can appreciate top talent in the HW division.

As much as I wanted Roy to win... I figured Cormiers wrestling would dominate. I didn't know he'd win with hands to though

it was how I expected it to be. Nelson a few overhands, gassing and losing a decision. Cormier is very talented, but not specially exciting.

Laughing at the clueless Roy fans & sherdoggers that thought Roy's boxing was anywhere close to Cormier's.

Was not a bad fight. I was a little disppointed that Cormier never got close to finishing the fight, but i think he picked up on the fact early on how near impossible it would be to finish that fellow

tumblr_mmv1bq2Op01qdcel5o8_250.gif

While watching DC/Roy it was a mix of, 'finish this fight already, can't wait for the main event feeling'. But the fight was not boring

I draw the line at wall and stall, and when someone lays in someone's guard doing nothing. People who get bored at watching that have a legitimate gripe against the "hardcore" and "purists" who find that shit technical and exciting.

But Cormier I think is a great fighter. His technique is awesome, and I've never seen any HW control him or take him down at will. Instead he ragdolls and controls guys larger than him. His chain wrestling and how he smoothly transitions to striking is fun to watch. I'm surprised at the number of people who find him boring, because I thought his technique would be satisfying to see.

I thought it was an ok fight. I'm glad DC showed an array of skills and I know Roy is hard to put down.

That being said, I currently don't see him beating Bones. I would have to see more from him to change my mind.

It was an alright fight. I wasn't expecting Cormier to finish Nelson.

I draw the line at wall and stall, and when someone lays in someone's guard doing nothing. People who get bored at watching that have a legitimate gripe against the "hardcore" and "purists" who find that shit technical and exciting.

But Cormier I think is a great fighter. His technique is awesome, and I've never seen any HW control him or take him down at will. Instead he ragdolls and controls guys larger than him. His chain wrestling and how he smoothly transitions to striking is fun to watch. I'm surprised at the number of people who find him boring, because I thought his technique would be satisfying to see.

My thoughts exactly. I'd also like to mention that I think that Cormier is the best HW fighter. Being Cain's wrestling coach at AKA it'd be ridiculous to think that Velasquez could control Cormier, and that's exactly how he wins fights. DC on the other hand could control Cain, and dictate where the fight takes place. I think that if they fought he'd either finish him by ko/tko or win a UD. (perhaps lose the 5th round due to Cain's cardio being slightly better (Cormier still looked great in the 5th round in a fast paced match with Barnett though))

Since he won't be proving my theory I'm excited to see how he'll preform at LHW. His first fight should be against Gustafsson. Winner fights Jones or Glover for the title. (loser fights the loser of Jones vs. Teixeira)

Dana seems to consider that fight next for Cormier and Gustafsson here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryN...ew-vl&list=PLkd5HGgwAL36AWdX6HBfUSGF3VaCqorWv +- 4:20

Fight went down about as I would have imagined it, DC smart enough not to recklessly brawl risking getting clipped by Roys OH right.

Back