Your reaction to bj penn wearing 145lb gold

BJ has fabricated a rivalry with Edgar (why the sudden desire to avenge the loss?) to quietly sneak into a division where he might not actually get demolished every fight.

Instead of facing up to it like a man and saying "i dont belong at 170" he's using edgar to stay relevant. Hope he gets. 50-45d again

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

BJ has fabricated a rivalry with Edgar (why the sudden desire to avenge the loss?) to quietly sneak into a division where he might not actually get demolished every fight.

Instead of facing up to it like a man and saying "i dont belong at 170" he's using edgar to stay relevant. Hope he gets. 50-45d again

I like how everyone bashes bj for wanting to challenge himself instead of respecting him for doing something 99% of fighters don't have the balls to do

GSP could NEVER make Lightweight.

1. He's around the same size as Gray Maynard

2. GSP, his trainers and his nutritionists all say he could make LW

He's not a big WW.. Hendricks walks around 25lbs bigger than GSP..

I also remember during pressers gsp talking about how shit he feels while cutting weight before a fight and that's why he is so irritable. Can he do it possibly will it happen don't think so

He's the WW goat, so no need to do it. If he was going to go up or down, down would be the logical answer. I see no reason to change though. I was simply saying I believe GSP could drop and take LW gold with ease. The MW belt would be incedibly tough though.

Vitor would ko GSP in the first, Chael would be the first to hold GSP on his back and beat him to a decision, Anderson and Weidman would beat GSP and Bisping might even beat GSP. BJ has a much better chance at 145gold than GSP does at 185

Sounds like a lot of hate. Must still be mad GSP made BJ quit. GSP has a better chance at 155 than BJ does at 145. GSP has a better chance at 185 than BJ does at 170. I know it's hard to be reasonable with your hatefilled eyes, but it's the truth.

Whoa there. Let's wait until BJ wins a fight against relevant competition before we talk about this. The last time he did that was 2009.

What an odd post. I would think that Frankie would be flattered to fight BJ Penn after sinking to the Olivera level. Did I understand you correctly?
Oh, you're one of those who actually thinks that Frankie won BJ/Frankie 1?

For his family's sake, BJ really should retire. It's not like he needs the money.

1. He's around the same size as Gray Maynard

2. GSP, his trainers and his nutritionists all say he could make LW

He's not a big WW.. Hendricks walks around 25lbs bigger than GSP..
Wow! Are you out of the loop. Gray Maynard is not quite 5' 9" and weighs between 172-175 lbs in or out of training. Where do people like you come up with your "facts"? lol

For his family's sake, BJ really should retire. It's not like he needs the money.

In reality, I'm inclined to agree with your position. However, if he chooses to go through with this (I personally think it's a charade to bolster a lackluster TUF Series) he owes his family, fans and himself at least an attempt at being well prepared. C'mon BJ, you can get there.

Wow! Are you out of the loop. Gray Maynard is not quite 5' 9" and weighs between 172-175 lbs in or out of training. Where do people like you come up with your "facts"? lol

Maynard is about 10 pounds lighter than GSP. The difference is Maynard has to work to lose weight to get to that figure, GSP has to work to add weight to get to that figure. Their walkaround weight outside of camp is about equal.

Gleison Tibau, Sean Sherk, and Benson Henderson are some other big LW. Lest you get retarded, I am not suggesting WW version of GSP is the same size as them, I am suggesting GSP puts on weight he could cut to reach LW with ease. Most fighters aim to get as small as they can get and feel healthy. GSP has done the opposite, he has gotten as large as he can possibly get and feel healthy. GSP could have spent his whole career at LW if he truly wanted to.

Maynard is about 10 pounds lighter than GSP. The difference is Maynard has to work to lose weight to get to that figure, GSP has to work to add weight to get to that figure. .

ahhahahaha

ahhahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahaha ... still trying to figure out what's funny. Is it the fact I have sourced the fact GSP can make LW? Or the fact people prefer living in a fantasy world?

Gleison Tibau is a massive UFC lightweight who weighs 181 pounds on fight night.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/15/4715800/trainers-reveal-secrets-of-gleison-tibau-weight-gain

I guess it's impossible for GSP who weighs 185 for WW fights to do it though ....

"We never try to get him the heaviest possible on fight night," he says, "because we’ve been through situations in the past where he was very swollen due to excess serum sodium and its weight was almost 186, and this has negatively affected his movement inside the cage."
So Tibau was the same size fight night at a LW fight as GSP is fight night at WW.

Hahahahahahahahahaha ... still trying to figure out what's funny. Is it the fact I have sourced the fact GSP can make LW? Or the fact people prefer living in a fantasy world?

No, it's the fact that you don't understand how lifting weights, metabolisms, exercise, body composition and diets work.

No, it's the fact that you don't understand how lifting weights, metabolisms, exercise, body composition and diets work.

No, it's the fact you offer no facts and yet want to dismiss people and act superior. I suppose every professional working for GSP should come to you since you clearly know more than the experts.
I don't do much cutting," St-Pierre said as a guest on UFC commentator Joe Rogan's podcast Tuesday afternoon. "It would be easier for me to go fight at 155 than fighting at 185. I would be more at my weight naturally at 155.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/2...st-pierre-believes-drop-to-lightweight-easier
Go tell GSP to hire you because him and his experts dont understand anything. Have fun with that.

No, it's the fact you offer no facts and yet want to dismiss people and act superior. I suppose every professional working for GSP should come to you since you clearly know more than the experts.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/2...st-pierre-believes-drop-to-lightweight-easier
Go tell GSP to hire you because him and his experts dont understand anything. Have fun with that.

Yeah, you're terrible at reading.
I was "Hahahaha"ing at your theory that GSP has to lift weights to achieve his weight goal as opposed to Maynard. I've never disputed that GSP could go to LW and i actually think he's on the small side for WW. That still has nothing to do with what the point you made about he and Maynard's weight, which is what i'm lol'ing at.

There's just a lot wrong with the sentence i typed and i'm not going to take the time to explain to you to lifting heavy shit alone doesn't make you gain weight, especially the way GSP exercises, but instead, i'll just laugh at your laughable argument.

hahahaha

Back