Your Paranormal/Ghost Experiences

i shared these years ago

one summer back in around 1996 i had just driven from town hauling ass (about 30 miles), with one of my best friends (he was 15 and i was 17) to his parents house, just ahead of a nasty thunder/ tornado type storm front that was moving in right behind us. this is fairly common in the summer months in north dakota and typical with tornado warnings and such. everything was such a vibrant green which you could understand if youve ever experienced this pre-bad weather moment. we got to their house right as it started to just torrential downpour as we were pulling into the yard.

their house was literally 30 feet from the highway, seperated only by a ditch, which was the only thing that would protect the house from a wayward vehicle if it were to go off the roadway. that always bothered me slightly as when we were growing up when we would have sleepovers at their house, occasionally travelers would pull into the yard at various times of night for whatever reason and pull back out and head on their way.

so as i said the storm hit and it was nasty. this was before cell phones were the norm and we were waaaay in the country so i used the house phone to call my parents to let them know we were at my friends. it was so bad out i could barely hear on the phone so i made it quick and basically just said i was going to stay there. i couldnt even make it the 6 miles to our house. so we hang out in the entry for what seemed like hours watching this storm then we eventually go to bed. i crash out on the couch and my buddy laid across the living room on another couch that was placed directly under a window which faced the entry to the driveway. if you were to look out this window you would see an overhang from the roof (awning) and a wraparound deck that circled one half of the house that had a railing all the way around as well and the driveway as i said.

late into the night or morning i guess, i woke up having a very uneasy, unsettling, being watched feeling. i open my eyes without moving and my hands are kind of up around my face, almost like when you drape your arm over your head with your eyes in the crook of your elbow. i move my arm slightly up so as to look out from under my arm, and there is a hooded black figure standing at the window over my friend, with "his" hands up to the window as if "he" is trying to see if anyone is in the room that we're in. i can see this figure because there was a very powerful yard light, on a pole, in the front yard. it doesnt cast any light into the living room at its angle, fortunately. the window is open but has a screen on the inside keeping the rain and bugs out. I look down to my friend and he is wide awake, terrified and looking up at the window which is literally 12-18 inches from his face. this figure continues to look slowly and ominously then stops as if hes seen me in the totally pitch black room. at this point it is still raining very heavily and thunder and lightning are lighting up the night and in turn i imagine completely illuminating the inside of the living room. the figure leaves the window rather quickly and starts walking towards the right where there is another window offering a better vantage point of both my buddy and i. without saying anything as the figure is out of our sight we both slide off our couches (like a couple of bumblefucks though i imagine we probably thought we resembled spec ops badasses or stealthy ninjas) and army crawl into a doorway just off the living room that was out of that windows line of sight. we watched the figure come to that window and immediately react like it knows we are gone from where we were. "he" acts like "he" knows we're watching "him" even though there had been no lightning for a few seconds and it was dark in there as i had said. it leaves that window and we both assume its returning to the original window where, from the place we're hiding, it will see us once a lightning flash happens again. before it gets to the window we both get up and run to the stairway in the corner of the room that leads up to his parents room which is right at the top of the stairs. as soon as we get to the stairwell my buddy sprints up the stairs and i drop down and flatten out against the wall. the figure then returns to the original window as we thought it would. i can see directly to "him'' unobstructed. this thing reminds me of a lion stalking its prey, pacing. as i hear my buddy hit the top of the stairs and call out to his dad as he opens his parents room, another lightning strike lights up the living room and "he" snaps his head right to where i am as if i turned on the fvcking batlight. i freeze and this thing leaves that window to come to the second window yet again which is not even a foot to the left of the stairway im hunkered down at. i could literally sit on the stairs and touch this window. i stand and start to back up the steps as i hear my buddies dad start coming down the stairs. he passes me by and my buddy and i wait on the stairs as his dad stands by the window to the left out of sight. he brought his .357 with him after my buddy had said basically that someone was at the windows trying to get in the house. we wait for what seemed like an eternity in darkness thinking this was one of those late night travelers being stupid or possibly just extremely bold. whatever it was it just left. my buddies dad even hopped in his truck and drove the highway a couple miles in both directions. nothing. no car leaving the driveway right after this and no physical contact or evidence outside. but a very ominous feeling and i dont think it was any traveler.

cliffs: fvck you. read it. thats why youre here.

another

I have twin sisters who are 8 years older than me (and no you motherfvckers wouldnt want the hookup). anyways, in around 1987 i would have been about 8 yrs and my sisters in turn (everybody!) 16 yrs. Every wednesday night my family, mom, dad, sisters and myself would go to the Hagers where several other families would have like a little bible study. Kids in the converted den usually watching a movie or boardgames and adults in the living room having their study. On one particular occasion a recent addition to the church group Julie brought her friend Becky, a rather large woman who acted very odd and "jerky" is my best description, like jittery and well, jerky movements. almost like Samara from The Ring. Not as extreme though. I dont know. It was just one thing i remember.

I'll add another awesome diagram. This was an old late 1800s rural farmhouse with the built in storage style bench on at least one wall of the rooms and the windows in the top portion the walls that seperated rooms, that assisted in lighting and airflow when opened. All i remember is at one point when we were watching our movie or whatever we heard what can best be described as a commotion coming from the living room. My sisters stood on the bench with their friend Laurie ,who was also their age, and they were able to see into the living room through the dining room. I wanted to know what the fvck was going on being a nosey 8 year old so my sisters held me up and i white knuckled it looking through the window. The adults were in a prayer circle, which was common if someone wanted to be prayed for, essentially everyone circled them and laid hands on them as they were prayed for. The new person Becky was sitting in the chair in the middle of the circle and at least 8-10 adults were around her with their hands on her. I remember this vividly. Becky tried to stand up and leave. The adults remained firm and held their hands on her and she sat down. She started to almost convulse when she tried to stand again and she couldnt move due to the hands on her. all the adults were invoking the name of Jesus and praying in Jesus' name and she started shaking her head no, screaming "no" in a Reagan from Exorcist type voice and she raised off of the chair. Not stood. Fucking raised up. Criss Angel. Fvcking David Blaine style levitated. Feet out, head back, completely white eyes, raising off the chair 8-10 inches. Then all at once it stopped. She dropped onto the chair in a heap like a sack of Idaho potatoes and the front door of the home that was directly off the living room slammed so hard we felt the vibration shake the frame of the house and the window completely shattered into a thousand pieces. The prayer leader Tim, who was the father of the house said he felt an icy breeze tear right through him immediately after Becky dropped and directly before the door slammed. He was almost directly between Becky and the front door. They believe Becky had a demon leave her body in that moment. And in addition to all this my dad who was in the back of the prayer circle said he had someone place a firm hand and grip on his shoulder while they were praying and there was nobody behind him or on that side and when he looked the feeling of the hand remained and he just continued praying.

i do not give 2 shits if you believe this or not.

Spooky lol

Anyway, I have a couple of vivid, yet contrasting experiences to share.

My dad passed away recently. He had Alzheimer's. I moved back home to help look after him a few years ago. i'm a night owl, and spent a lot of time with him during his restless nights. We were really close. I watched him take his last breath at home, we had palliative there.

When he passed, I was beyond upset. I felt lost and purposeless. I still feel the sadness and much of the aforementioned as I write this. However, I had an amazing experience the night after he died.

Being so used to taking care of him and hanging out at night beside him, I was constantly finding myself being pulled upstairs, as per my old routine. I decided to sleep in his bed for about 5 nights after that. It smelled like him and being the room I spent most of my nights in over the past few years, I wanted to feel close to him.

On the second night after his passing, I felt a wave of grief unlike anything I’ve ever imagined. It was the first real loss that floored me. I felt so sad and alone, openly begging for the anguish to stop. I didn’t call for my dad, but that’s when an apparition-like image of him briefly appeared beside me.

It was faint/translucent, but I could feel his calming energy as he slightly reached his hand towards my cheek. Perhaps I was hallucinating, perhaps it was light playing tricks on me, but I do know for certain that the feeling of serenity that poured over me was instant and wonderful. It was as though he was telling me that everything was going to be okay. I had the best sleep that night. My mom has since felt him too, and our dog has behaved like my dad was sitting on the couch petting him.

I’m not religious, I don’t believe in heaven, and I have an empirical mind, but I do believe that the energy and information we are all consisted of never leaves this world, it just operates, or is output, in a way we may never understand. That belief was shaped through personal experience and stories I've read about unexplained phenomena, like my other example below.

To contrast that feeling of serenity with my dad, I had a very dark experience with something else, and thankfully I had a good friend with me that saw/felt it too. This happened back in the 90's as kids. We just finished watching Poltergeist 2. Those movies terrified me.

I was walking him to the bus stop with my bike afterwards. It was a creepy walk, as there was an old/massive Nuns convent/Priesthood thingy beside a long stretch of road between my house and the bus stop. I went to a catholic school and visited that place as a kid on a school field trip, it was creepy as hell inside. We always heard rumours of hauntings, and other nefarious behaviour there. I remember on that field trip using the bathroom. It was long walk down a hallway and some stairs. I was in grade 5 or something, so it was a long time ago, but I do recall feeling more than just scared. I felt like someone was watching me, prob a pedo priest lol

Anyway, back to our walk in the 90's

Right out of a B movie, it was foggy, with street lights accentuating the creep factor on our walk. For those who saw Poltergeist 2, you'll remember the old preacher...

As we were walking, we saw a figure in the distance coming towards us. As it got closer, we could hear him whistling that" God is in the holy temple" song from the movie. As he came into sight, he was dressed very much like the preacher, hat and all. We couldn't make out his face well from what we recall, but as he was walking by, he looked at us with a creepy smile and tilted his hat, then kept walking on, still whistling that fucking song.

It got really cold as he passed us, and the sense of dread that instantly filled me was what I felt inside that convent, only far worse this time. it's like you could feel something was very wrong. We were terrified of course, but the feeling was more than just fear.

We talk about it every once in awhile, almost questioning if it ever happened, but it did. I still get chills thinking about it.

Anyway, I thought some of you might this interesting, spooky, if not long winded lol.

I've been on horror flick kick the past couple of days, finally watching both Conjuring movies. Good shit, made me think of my experiences. I look forward to reading all your stories from page one and on.

great share. i just bumped an old paranormal thread as well.

Me neither, I won't touch a ouija board. I don't believe in ghosts per say , but with my schooling to become a therapist, I know how our minds can fuck with us. There's so much we don't understand as well. I believe that our energy can reside around the places we were, long after we die. When coupled with our imagination, I could see that manifesting as unexplained phenomena. I have no explanation for my own experiences.

I have a close friend who lived in an old farmhouse. His brother, who's not one to make shit up, said he saw a family member walking from the kitchen to the living room, before vanishing. That family member lived in another Province. Not long after she vanished, his house got a phone call informing them that she had died that evening in a car crash. EVeryone who lived in that house talked about strange noises, like footsteps and banging at night when everyone was in bed. They've stood by these stories for over 20 years, creepy shit.

This (not your post) is really weird because I was really thinking about this kind of stuff (ghosts, negative spirits/demons, etc) the other night which lead to watching a bunch of YT vids about some scary stuff and then I come on here with a notification about the same kinda shit. Coincidence? I think DEMONS!!! About your friend - he obviously truly believes what he saw and odds are he did see it if he's so adamant about it all these years later. It's the same for me when I talk about what I saw. I f'n know what I saw. People will say it's just some dumb kid with a very active imagination and I'd like to agree with that, but it's the fact that my brother was in the room seeing the same thing. That's what really confirms it for me. Everything you hear about shadow people.. this thing was just that. I didn't know what that was back then as a kid because we didn't have a computer or any way of looking this shit up to figure out what it was.

I remember many years later (when we did have a computer at this point) I wrote in things describing the figure and found 'shadow people' and I immediately got teary eyed, got chills, goosebumps, all that. It was terrifying to know that so many other people from literally all over the world have seen the exact same kind of thing. Whether there's a heaven and/or hell, one thing's for sure and that's the 'spirit world' does exist. A lot of people lie about seeing things but out of the millions that claim they do, some of them definitely are telling the truth. People have been sharing their experiences with each other for thousands of years and it will continue until mankind gets wiped out by mother nature or a big ass asteroid that Bruce Willis won't be around to save us from like he did 20 years ago.

I'll check out your post/experiences and let you know what I think about it when I'm done being lazy as fook.

EDIT: Good to see you, @equus, I haven't seen you around in a long while honestly. Where da fook ya been, dawg?!

This (not your post) is really weird because I was really thinking about this kind of stuff (ghosts, negative spirits/demons, etc) the other night which lead to watching a bunch of YT vids about some scary stuff and then I come on here with a notification about the same kinda shit. Coincidence? I think DEMONS!!! About your friend - he obviously truly believes what he saw and odds are he did see it if he's so adamant about it all these years later. It's the same for me when I talk about what I saw. I f'n know what I saw. People will say it's just some dumb kid with a very active imagination and I'd like to agree with that, but it's the fact that my brother was in the room seeing the same thing. That's what really confirms it for me. Everything you hear about shadow people.. this thing was just that. I didn't know what that was back then as a kid because we didn't have a computer or any way of looking this shit up to figure out what it was.

I remember many years later (when we did have a computer at this point) I wrote in things describing the figure and found 'shadow people' and I immediately got teary eyed, got chills, goosebumps, all that. It was terrifying to know that so many other people from literally all over the world have seen the exact same kind of thing. Whether there's a heaven and/or hell, one thing's for sure and that's the 'spirit world' does exist. A lot of people lie about seeing things but out of the millions that claim they do, some of them definitely are telling the truth. People have been sharing their experiences with each other for thousands of years and it will continue until mankind gets wiped out by mother nature or a big ass asteroid that Bruce Willis won't be around to save us from like he did 20 years ago.

I'll check out your post/experiences and let you know what I think about it when I'm done being lazy as fook.

EDIT: Good to see you, @equus, I haven't seen you around in a long while honestly. Where da fook ya been, dawg?!
hey buddy. how the hell are you? im doing ok. got some personal family issues presently but hopefully we weather the storm.

i shared these years ago

one summer back in around 1996 i had just driven from town hauling ass (about 30 miles), with one of my best friends (he was 15 and i was 17) to his parents house, just ahead of a nasty thunder/ tornado type storm front that was moving in right behind us. this is fairly common in the summer months in north dakota and typical with tornado warnings and such. everything was such a vibrant green which you could understand if youve ever experienced this pre-bad weather moment. we got to their house right as it started to just torrential downpour as we were pulling into the yard.

their house was literally 30 feet from the highway, seperated only by a ditch, which was the only thing that would protect the house from a wayward vehicle if it were to go off the roadway. that always bothered me slightly as when we were growing up when we would have sleepovers at their house, occasionally travelers would pull into the yard at various times of night for whatever reason and pull back out and head on their way.

so as i said the storm hit and it was nasty. this was before cell phones were the norm and we were waaaay in the country so i used the house phone to call my parents to let them know we were at my friends. it was so bad out i could barely hear on the phone so i made it quick and basically just said i was going to stay there. i couldnt even make it the 6 miles to our house. so we hang out in the entry for what seemed like hours watching this storm then we eventually go to bed. i crash out on the couch and my buddy laid across the living room on another couch that was placed directly under a window which faced the entry to the driveway. if you were to look out this window you would see an overhang from the roof (awning) and a wraparound deck that circled one half of the house that had a railing all the way around as well and the driveway as i said.

late into the night or morning i guess, i woke up having a very uneasy, unsettling, being watched feeling. i open my eyes without moving and my hands are kind of up around my face, almost like when you drape your arm over your head with your eyes in the crook of your elbow. i move my arm slightly up so as to look out from under my arm, and there is a hooded black figure standing at the window over my friend, with "his" hands up to the window as if "he" is trying to see if anyone is in the room that we're in. i can see this figure because there was a very powerful yard light, on a pole, in the front yard. it doesnt cast any light into the living room at its angle, fortunately. the window is open but has a screen on the inside keeping the rain and bugs out. I look down to my friend and he is wide awake, terrified and looking up at the window which is literally 12-18 inches from his face. this figure continues to look slowly and ominously then stops as if hes seen me in the totally pitch black room. at this point it is still raining very heavily and thunder and lightning are lighting up the night and in turn i imagine completely illuminating the inside of the living room. the figure leaves the window rather quickly and starts walking towards the right where there is another window offering a better vantage point of both my buddy and i. without saying anything as the figure is out of our sight we both slide off our couches (like a couple of bumblefucks though i imagine we probably thought we resembled spec ops badasses or stealthy ninjas) and army crawl into a doorway just off the living room that was out of that windows line of sight. we watched the figure come to that window and immediately react like it knows we are gone from where we were. "he" acts like "he" knows we're watching "him" even though there had been no lightning for a few seconds and it was dark in there as i had said. it leaves that window and we both assume its returning to the original window where, from the place we're hiding, it will see us once a lightning flash happens again. before it gets to the window we both get up and run to the stairway in the corner of the room that leads up to his parents room which is right at the top of the stairs. as soon as we get to the stairwell my buddy sprints up the stairs and i drop down and flatten out against the wall. the figure then returns to the original window as we thought it would. i can see directly to "him'' unobstructed. this thing reminds me of a lion stalking its prey, pacing. as i hear my buddy hit the top of the stairs and call out to his dad as he opens his parents room, another lightning strike lights up the living room and "he" snaps his head right to where i am as if i turned on the fvcking batlight. i freeze and this thing leaves that window to come to the second window yet again which is not even a foot to the left of the stairway im hunkered down at. i could literally sit on the stairs and touch this window. i stand and start to back up the steps as i hear my buddies dad start coming down the stairs. he passes me by and my buddy and i wait on the stairs as his dad stands by the window to the left out of sight. he brought his .357 with him after my buddy had said basically that someone was at the windows trying to get in the house. we wait for what seemed like an eternity in darkness thinking this was one of those late night travelers being stupid or possibly just extremely bold. whatever it was it just left. my buddies dad even hopped in his truck and drove the highway a couple miles in both directions. nothing. no car leaving the driveway right after this and no physical contact or evidence outside. but a very ominous feeling and i dont think it was any traveler.

cliffs: fvck you. read it. thats why youre here.
That was pretty damn spooky, and well written. Sounds like some meth head, or some thief lol

Our family home is on a dead end street. Most streets that run parallel to mine lead to a busy street. Ours is blocked off by a huge property, with an old mansion. The original owners used to own all the land my neighbourhood is built on, has tons of strange history/rumours. No one has lived there for years, and it's really creepy at night. When I was teenager, my buddies and I would sneak on the land and smoke weed. One night toking away we heard rustling in the bushes, with lot's weird sounds. We were spooked, especially when something burst out towards us. Turns out it was some guy lost tripping on acid lol

Wow sorry for your loss. That's rough , but St least you were with him for a while before he died

it happened during the migration to the new site. i contributed to this thread alot before as well and its always been like that since
What's the real reason? Why are you protecting ghosts? They a huge ad sponsor for sherdog or something? Huh?!

Bout to read this whole thread yo, and post a whole fucking term papers worth of stories

Bout to read this whole thread yo, and post a whole fucking term papers worth of stories

Im surprised mods haven’t locked this one yet. Most of his other threads been locked for whatever reason.

Wonder if 209 has been found slumped over in a Tim Horton’s bathroom with no pulse yet via junkie overdose.

Hoping the little shit turned his life around (I doubt it) and just decided not to come on here anymore...If not and he continued being a degenerate lifeless drug addict; very likely he ended up meeting his fate - the inevitable outcome for all hardcore addicts that fail to achieve the willpower to turn their lives around permanently.

Last edited:
There are people here that are never going to believe anyone when it comes to the paranormal.
People need to see with their own eyes before they can even begin to comprehend.
In saying that. These things are real 100%! No i'm not religious.

I was visited by an Angel back in 2017. Saw her in all her glory. Was probably the most amazing experiences in my life. She makes an appearance every once in a while, but its only a momentary glimpse, then she vanishes . Where as when I saw her in 2017 it was for a good 20 - 30 seconds. She is huge too, roughly 7 - 8 feet tall and very beautiful, flawless in fact.

Have also seen a shadow ghost at this old house my ex-wife and I use to live at. We both saw it on a number of occasions.

Also had some weird happenings at the last place i was living at.

Anyway, I know people aren't going to believe me and that's fine, I can live with that.

I've had someone following me for a while now, as in for a good few years. I think they're good, nothing bad has happened, but I don't know who they are and they can be a bit unnerving sometimes.

When I was little (3 or 4) my younger sister and I shared a bedroom and we used to play with a girl who was killed in our block of flats decades prior to us living there, apparently it was a Jewish orphanage that got set on fire by racists (this was in Germany). I don't remember a girl but I do remember never sleeping at night and playing "by myself", and being ill all the time.

As of recently I can only feel someone there and they'll make noises eg tap on walls, drag the carpet, take out the energy in the room...apart from last week actually I heard a dragging noise close to me so I quickly looked and it was my hairdryer cord moving and "tipping" by itself. I say tipping because it wasn't a natural fall it was someone rolling the plug around. I didn't feel scared, it actually felt nice to see it for real and have that validation in what I've been experiencing for years because as always no one believes it.

My ex used to work for one of those reality paranormal tv shows. I've been to quite a few events at many "haunted" places. Saw a lot more perv/creepy men in that field than actual paranormal experiences. I'd go into places by myself in the middle of the night that would be featured on these tv shows as being extremely active. I'd stand there in the dark asking for something to happen.....and nothing.

But when I was a teenager I had an experience. My cousin lived in an old mining town and they'd all had experiences on their property. I stayed there during the summer and I woke up around 5 AM and saw a man standing in the hallway. He was covered in a dark blue light and I could see from his head down to his knees, there was nothing below his knees. He looked to be wearing jeans and maybe an old button up shirt. He was facing the room opposite me in the hallway. I closed my eyes and opened them thinking I was dreaming, he was still there. I rubbed my eyes hard, he was still there. Then as I was starring right at him he just vanished.

When I was little (3 or 4) my younger sister and I shared a bedroom and we used to play with a girl who was killed in our block of flats decades prior to us living there, apparently it was a Jewish orphanage that got set on fire by racists (this was in Germany). I don't remember a girl but I do remember never sleeping at night and playing "by myself", and being ill all the time.
<Meh02>Are you saying you played with a ghost and both you and your sister have confirmed that the ghost is the same girl who was one of those orphans?

<VinceCa$h>just like you are going to Dubai.

Just like you are a 21 year old hot chick on sherdog.<DontBelieve1>

<Meh02>Are you saying you played with a ghost and both you and your sister have confirmed that the ghost is the same girl who was one of those orphans?

Shut up and look at my black cock.

Im surprised mods haven’t locked this one yet. Most of his other threads been locked for whatever reason.

Wonder if 209 has been found slumped over in a Tim Horton’s bathroom with no pulse yet via junkie overdose.

Hoping the little shit turned his life around (I doubt it) and just decided not to come on here anymore...If not and he continued being a degenerate lifeless drug addict; very likely he ended up meeting his fate - the inevitable outcome for all hardcore addicts that fail to achieve the willpower to turn their lives around permanently.
Yeah he went on a mental merry goround that didn’t add up at all but he’s with his dad who was supposedly disabled to begin with so who knows

There are people here that are never going to believe anyone when it comes to the paranormal.
People need to see with their own eyes before they can even begin to comprehend.
In saying that. These things are real 100%! No i'm not religious.

I was visited by an Angel back in 2017. Saw her in all her glory. Was probably the most amazing experiences in my life. She makes an appearance every once in a while, but its only a momentary glimpse, then she vanishes . Where as when I saw her in 2017 it was for a good 20 - 30 seconds. She is huge too, roughly 7 - 8 feet tall and very beautiful, flawless in fact.

Have also seen a shadow ghost at this old house my ex-wife and I use to live at. We both saw it on a number of occasions.

Also had some weird happenings at the last place i was living at.

Anyway, I know people aren't going to believe me and that's fine, I can live with that.

A dude I know said his sister spoke to two dead kids who told her all kinds of crazy shit about the house they lived and they told her somewhere in the house was a shit ton of money stashed, what’s crazy is that same day she saw something shining from the corner of her eye and she found a gold link necklace that dude has been wearing ever since , they enever found any money and moved out of there shortly

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist!
Everything in my experience tells me the devil is indeed a lie. The greatest lie of all maybe. Darkness is merely the absence of light. It has no living properties of its own. So in our world the devil is essentially man-made distortions of truth, which occur whenever we try to put ourselves and our wish to control above the source and creator. To put it another way, man can never blame “god” for the deceit in his heart.

Last edited:
Back