Your opinions on Andre Arlovski.

great skills and lots of talent, but that chin certainly held him back and will only hurt him in the elite mma org fighting top tier guys.

ufc shouldnt take him back, if only for his own good.

There is only handful of fighters in the division who have a great chance of KO'ing Andrei. He is not Schaub and only got KO'd by powerful strikers.

I think his biggest problem is an ability to follow the gameplan if he cannot outclass the opponent on feet. So I would expect a bunch of losses for him similar to the BigFoot fight.

I'm a Arlovski fan, and the first UFC DVD I bought was UFC 51 because it had two muscle guys on the cover that looked like they're probably good: Vitor Belfort, Andrei Arlovski. I think during Arlovski's UFC championship reign, the better HW's were in PRIDE and Arlovski's UFC opponents may not have been top HW's. Modern day Werdum is better than UFC 70 Werdum.

I still would like to see Arlovski vs. Frank Mir, Crocop, Josh Barnett, Big Nog. For some reason, I look forward to watching Arlovski but not JDS/Cain/Carwin/Lesnar.

Good fighter with a lot of fire in his prime only to lose focus, gunshy, unmotivated and timid.

Once Andrei lost a couple of fights he decided he wanted to train boxing and fell in love with it. He went as far as to start wearing boxing robes to the cage. It really seemed like his downfall because it didn't translate at all to MMA. He would leave his chin exposed and he would just get wrecked. He was trying too hard to be a technical boxer and pick guys apart rather than just being well rounded and himself.

I don't think he has a glass chin at all. He just left himself wide open and big heavyweights were hitting him with big, clean shots.

He's still very talented and his recent win streak shows he still has it when he is focused. I worry about his health with all of the KOs but I think he deserves another shot in the UFC before he retires.

Prototype MMA fighter, with one massive achiles heel.

Used to be a handsome guy and a great fighter.

arlovskiandreiafflictio.jpg

Now...

sign him to fight Lavar:)

I think he could beat some of the top 10 guys due to how they match up. Arlvoski has some of the best offensive boxing in MMA its too bad that his defense blows and he has one of the weakest chins at HW.

I think the UFC should bring him back they have plenty of fighters on their roster at HW that are not as good as Arlovski is and he can still be a top 10 fighter. Arlovski seems to be one of those fighters that is mentally weak and falls apart after a bad loss and needs to get a streak going before fighting top guys again, he has his streak, I would like to see him back against someone like Mitrione or Browne for his first fight back.

I think his chin is dead.

He wouldnt last long in the UFC. When the LHW champ can finish him in less than 2 minutes, he wouldnt last in the UFC.

Maybe on a "Comeback version of TUF", but he cant take a punch anymore.

In his prime, I enjoyed watching his sambo. But as stated, he got his jaw shattered by Fedor.

i would love to see JDS knock him into retirement.

Why, cause you're a jealous loser?

AA is more skilled than 85% of the UFC HW roster and unless he was rushed to the title, would win enough fights to finish out his career.

He would tool guys like Struve, Barry, Minitrone, Kongo, etc and would have a great shot at beating Mir and even Werdum again. He matches up perfectly against Mir due to his speed and striking advantage and ability to nullify submissions. Arlovski would starch Big Nog as well. There aren't even a handful of HW fighters that have his skillset, ie (speed, deadly striking, grappling background). Only JDS, Cain, and Overeem come to mind and only JDS actually fits all 3.

He shouldn't be in the UFC or much less in the UFC forum,

come on, he's at least in the top half of UFC hw's, have you seen the roster?

The guy is shot and everytime he has faced decent comp he has gotten smoked. He would be lucky to win a fight in the UFC now

Would love to see him back in the UFC. I think he could do reasonably well.

Andrei has always been a talented athlete, with a suspect chin. I think he'd be a decent gatekeeper in UFC, and that they should bring him back.

As good as he is, most UFC heavies possess wicked knockout power. Arlovski probably wouldn't get far.

Back