Your experience of the Police.

The same experience I’ve had with a million other people, some good some bad

Even worse, they legally need a low IQ the 2nd court of appeals ruled, which set precedent as its a federal court.

'The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test. Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training."

And they dont have to legally protect you either the supreme court ruled while some women were being raped and tortured while cops knew and did nothing...
"Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police do not owe a specific duty to provide police services to citizens based on the public duty doctrine."

Good read, but sad at the same time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
People in uniform need to be clever enough to carry out their orders but not clever enough to question them.

Im not surprised. While I was in college I took a few criminal justice courses. One of my professors had been a statey in PA. Told me more and more departments were trying to get away from hiring those with a college education out of the exact fear that study and opinion points out.

This was about 10 years ago, but I believed it then and I believe it now.

Yeah Its honestly pretty sad when the people who cut your hair have to be in school longer then the police we have today, something is wrong. I want the person who has a gun,taser,baton, pepper spray,etc to be cool,calm, and collective, not a dunce who might shoot me thinking my phone or wallet is a gun or beat me while im on fire like the video i posted above.(on page 3)

People in uniform need to be clever enough to carry out their orders but not clever enough to question them.

When I first read that ruling it honestly made me laugh, "could get bored." That was seriously the courts choice of words lol.

Its like when people say police have a dangerous job... No they statistically do not.
37 deaths so far this year... By gunfire... 98 in total from everything from a heart attack to gunfire...
https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2018

According to the Bureau of labor statistics police arent anywhere near the top 10 most dangerous jobs.
Page 3 Loggers, Fishermen, construction workers,truck drivers, gardeners,farmers etc all have more dangerous jobs.
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cfoi.pdf

Last edited:
Mostly routine. But also have been illegally searched, detained for no reason, and had a weapon drawn on me for no reason.

Also as others have said the times that I've called the law they showed up way after the incident was over and weren't any help except to have their report for insurance claims.

I know police are necessary but so many of them seem incompetent or go around acting fucking cowboys.

And I'm a white boy from the states.

i'm not a criminal nor a belligerent retard so the small amount of experience i have had with police has been positive.

When I was a criminal and a piece of shit it was not good. Im a white male. I was constantly harassed as a youth and young man. Stopped many times and searched and accused of crimes with no cause. I always followed the orders when getting manhandled and was polite. I had the snot beaten out of me once as a 16 year old and once as a 19 year old. First time was in the station and all the cops knew it was occurring. Second time I was brought down to a place called cherry beach in Toronto.

As I got older and was no longer a piece of shit, I have been let off many tickets for being polite and honest. I was doing 140km/hour in a 90 zone, told the cop straight up "yeah I was gunning it bro" he let me off with a warning. Also got nabbed looking at my phone while in stop and go traffic on a highway during rush hour. Looked the cop right in the eye and said "yeah bro I was checking facebook, I have no excuse" he asked me repeatedly if it was work related then let me off saying Im the only guy to ever look him in the eye and admit it. A couple of other situations like this.

All in all, police have a VERY hard job dealing with human garbage daily. I have the utmost respect for them. Even though I ve been beaten and terrorized by them at points in my life.
A fellow cherry beach express rider.

Lol.. Today (in Hamilton ON) I saw a black cop changing a tire for a young black dude on the side of the linc. I just assume the cop shot the guy afterwards
If he didn't he's got some 'splaining to do.

Only bad experience I've ever had was when I went to the courthouse and going through the metal detector a cop took my mini leatherman off of my key chain and wouldn't give it back. This wasnt just any Leatherman it was a badass carbon fiber prototype that was never released. My neighbor in Portland worked for Leatherman and gave it to me as a gift. Had my name engraved and everything. Still pisses me off. I had served Jury Duty at the same place a few weeks before and the first two days they let me run it back to my car

I’m from the UK. Been stopped loads of times over the years. Usual stop and search BS. Used to give them hell and probably made the situation a lot more difficult than it needed to be but I felt it was worth it at the time. The only time I was worried was when I was coming back from Uni on the train. Got off the train and was stopped under the terrorism act. Searched me and sent me on my way. When I asked him why he said under the terrorism act they don’t need a reason. That’s probably the only time I didnt argue.

I’m from the UK. Been stopped loads of times over the years. Usual stop and search BS. Used to give them hell and probably made the situation a lot more difficult than it needed to be but I felt it was worth it at the time. The only time I was worried was when I was coming back from Uni on the train. Got off the train and was stopped under the terrorism act. Searched me and sent me on my way. When I asked him why he said under the terrorism act they don’t need a reason. That’s probably the only time I didnt argue.

Are you black?

Stories should be divided into minorities and non minorities

I know the non minorities can’t believe we get treated differently. Shock and horror!!!

I got two Victorian cops sacked. I got picked up when I was full of piss and bad manners but was released without charge. 2 years later two detectives out of the then Ethical Standards Department came and visited me and showed me copies of a charge sheet with a shitly forged signature that was not mine. The Commissioner lost faith in them as "persons of good character" and they were sacked. Those charges remained unresolved and I spent a weekend in the yellow submarine (holding cells under the Melbourne Magistrates' Court).
Never had a good experience. Just last year I was strip searched in public when it was 5C due to NSW search policy. Had nothing, I don't do drugs, just some bored retarded cops. Touched my groin, my butt while having a tazer pointing at me for no reason. And got a $500 offensive language fine for calling the cop a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Officer Tommy M Norman needs to be allowed to make his community outreach videos again.

His precinct didnt like the positive publicity nor the standard he was setting.

Pleasant experiences with the police because I listen to them and I’m not a dick!

In general if you aren't a ass a cop won't be a ass.

Know that cops are human and have bad days. A lot of times cops are over worked, stressed out and could have possibly came from a very emotional crime scene that could have ruined their day. Doesn't excuse them from ruining your day, however, as humans nobody is perfect.

Signed,

Former Sheriff

P.S. Thank fucking god im not a cop anymore.

When you quit the force did you stop beating your missus?

It depends on which town. There are a couple of towns out by me that have some Hitler Youth types on ze payroll. I’m also older now and there’s less reason for cops to fuck with me than when I was young.

I got two Victorian cops sacked. I got picked up when I was full of piss and bad manners but was released without charge. 2 years later two detectives out of the then Ethical Standards Department came and visited me and showed me copies of a charge sheet with a shitly forged signature that was not mine. The Commissioner lost faith in them as "persons of good character" and they were sacked. Those charges remained unresolved and I spent a weekend in the yellow submarine (holding cells under the Melbourne Magistrates' Court).
Never had a good experience. Just last year I was strip searched in public when it was 5C due to NSW search policy. Had nothing, I don't do drugs, just some bored retarded cops. Touched my groin, my butt while having a tazer pointing at me for no reason. And got a $500 offensive language fine for calling the cop a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Always be straightforward, polite and give them the respect and you will get the same courtesy. Act like an entitled asshole and you will be dealt with accordingly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back