Your experience of the Police.

Once was in a fistfight with some italian guy with blond dyed hair from my gym, a friend called the cops and they beat me up instead of the italian cause of my darker hair.

Speaking in perfect german with my german mug didn't convince them and they took me to the station.

But besides that i never had any problem with them.

One time i was sitting at a bus stop late at night/early in the morning, heavily drunk and failing to roll me a cigarette, police car came along, stopped right in front of me, cops looked out of the window laughing (but not in a dickish manner) and just as i was about to get angry at them they offered to drive me home. Jumped in and got me home in like 10 mins.

Security guards are a total different topic, tho.

In general if you aren't a ass a cop won't be a ass.

Know that cops are human and have bad days. A lot of times cops are over worked, stressed out and could have possibly came from a very emotional crime scene that could have ruined their day. Doesn't excuse them from ruining your day, however, as humans nobody is perfect.

Signed,

Former Sheriff

P.S. Thank fucking god im not a cop anymore.

Personally? I've never had a problem, at all dealing with them. I've only been pulled over 5 or so times in my life. Once for speeding(75 in a 55) and they let me off with a warning, because another call came in. The others were for either an out head/tail light, that I had noticed, but was commuting home from work, and didn't have the chance to buy a bulb yet, or the "out license plate light" driving through the "bar" area of town, to randomly check for drunks.

In all cases, the interactions were only a couple of minutes, and I was free to go. The only other interaction I've had was in Chicago over New Years weekend, my friend and I were walking back to the hotel after a concert, it was around -10 degrees, but only a half a mile or so, not really worth an Uber/cab ect. An officer stopped us, and offered to give us a ride, but at that point we were maybe a block away and declined. We thanked him, and he told us to "be careful"..and that was that.

Only issues I've had are with federal officers and CA DOJ and CDCR officers.

CDCR damn near got me into a shooting in a popular restaurant over a murder for hire investigation of one of their own working security there.

ATF did a raid in our city and did not let anyone know. A bunch of narc looking dudes jumped out of plain vehicles while armed to the teeth and did a no knock warrant service, like 10 people called in a home invasion on 911. Luckily one of our dudes called his fed contacts and figured it out like 30 seconds prior to our officers going on scene.

FBI had a few bad off duty things in our city I responded to.

Never had issues with local cops or sheriff's.

Off duty been stopped a few times, never had any bad encounters.

Maybe you're just a dumbass with a mouth?

Absolutely. Well, not mouth. An undercover cop (detective?) tried to cut my buddy off going up a hill when 2 lanes merged. We raced him up the hill smoking a 2 foot blunt, waving it in the window n shit. We were driving a hooptee, so the cop gets in front, brake checks us to a stop, gets out with his gun and loses his mind.

Let us go tho

<Goldie11>

Seriously dude was so whylin, I don’t even think he realized we were smoking. He was too busy calling the driver a fucking moron. FTR, he wasn’t wrong.

Absolutely. Well, not mouth. An undercover cop (detective?) tried to cut my buddy off going up a hill when 2 lanes merged. We raced him up the hill smoking a 2 foot blunt, waving it in the window n shit. We were driving a hooptee, so the cop gets in front, brake checks us to a stop, gets out with his gun and loses his mind.

Let us go tho

<Goldie11>

Seriously dude was so whylin, I don’t even think he realized we were smoking. He was too busy calling the driver a fucking moron. FTR, he wasn’t wrong.
Lol... idk why i quoted you, mesnt to just quote the other tool.

I called the police once when my car was stolen. They couldn't have cared less. They filed a report and that was that. Then the thieves that stole my car parked it illegally and it got towed. I still wasn't contacted about my car until I was summoned to court a month later for the parking violation and found out my car had been impounded. I had to go to court and show the police report from when my car was stolen otherwise I would have been fined for my stolen car being parked illegally. When I looked at the impound paperwork after getting my car back, I realized the thieves only had it for 3 days. The rest of the month it was sitting in that impound lot...

ive been cursed at, insulted, injured, and robbed by cops, all on separate occasions.

the police force is a violent criminal gang, government-sponsored of course. And they will say "we arent all bad"...

If we stop the war on drugs, 90% of police would be out of a job. fucking leeches.

BTW, i am a white middle-class college-graduate property-owner with my own business and no criminal record.

Last edited:

I'm interested in what Sherdoggers' impression of them is. I'm really interested in Anglo countries but people from all around the world are going to answer. I am recounting experiences from Canada, the UK and the USA. I'm a middle class middle of the road white male with no criminal record. The police have always been professional and not rude with me. However they usually take a long time to come, are of low intelligence and have never solved a crime that I have been the victim of. Theft, theft from outbuildings, bicycle and car theft, burglary, stolen and defrauded debit card, not one. This applies to all 3 countries although I will say that the UK police were a lot more pleasant to deal with.

How about you Sherdoggers? I'm not talking about nationally or policy direction - I'm talking about your personal experience.

costumed-re-enactor-1940s-british-policeman-in-uniform-at-pickering-BT3919.jpg

Recently, fine. As a teenager a buddy of mine and I had an interaction with police that left my buddy with a broken ankle because the cop screwed up. Cop lied like crazy on the stand but the defense attorney picked him apart to the point that the judge suggested to the defense attorney that he move to have the charges dismissed and they were, with prejudice.

I once lost control of the car on an icy bridge, came to a stop, and then got hit by another car. Cop gave me a ticket. Complete bullshit.

Lol.. Today (in Hamilton ON) I saw a black cop changing a tire for a young black dude on the side of the linc. I just assume the cop shot the guy afterwards

I've had some bad interactions.

Probably the worst was around Shea Stadium/Arthur Ashe. I was working during the Tennis thingy - whatever that is, U.S. Open or something ( I don't follow tennis). I had one of those big boxes of Mike and Ikes and a cop legit stole them from when I wasn't looking. Cocksucker.

Great band. Too young to have seen them live, unfortunately.
I didn't realize they were together for 9 years. I can't claim I didn't have time. Just never happened, sadly. Would have been a blast, though, I'm sure.

I felt like I was followed and harassed by police as a teenager, for one reason or another...I’ve got a clean record and still have few experiences that I would consider good. Generally when the police are around they make me nervous.

In my professional life I realize how frequently cops try to play the role of prosecuter, judge, and jury. Police lie on the witness stand at alarming rates. Really bothersome and it is rarely discussed.

That and I think most of them were C students in high school who need some authority to cling to.

That and I think most of them were C students in high school who need some authority to cling to.

Even worse, they legally need a low IQ the 2nd court of appeals ruled, which set precedent as its a federal court.

'The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test. Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training."

And they dont have to legally protect you either the supreme court ruled while some women were being raped and tortured while cops knew and did nothing...
"Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police do not owe a specific duty to provide police services to citizens based on the public duty doctrine."

Good read, but sad at the same time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Even worse, they legally need a low IQ the 2nd court of appeals ruled, which set precedent as its a federal court.

'The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test. Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training."

And they dont have to legally protect you either the supreme court ruled while some women were being raped and tortured while cops knew and did nothing...
"Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police do not owe a specific duty to provide police services to citizens based on the public duty doctrine."

Good read, but sad at the same time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Im not surprised. While I was in college I took a few criminal justice courses. One of my professors had been a statey in PA. Told me more and more departments were trying to get away from hiring those with a college education out of the exact fear that study and opinion points out.

This was about 10 years ago, but I believed it then and I believe it now.

if you're not a criminal, or victim of crime.....your only real experiences w/ the Police are likely traffic related....so i'd assume the majority will say 'not good'

Let's put it this way, does anyone think 'Hell ya, protect and serve!' when they see a police car behind them while driving?

Back