Your experience of the Police.

My experience is that New Hampshire staties will give you a ticket for just a couple miles over the limit if it’s near the end of the month and they have a quota to fill. Learned this when I was 20 and have almost entirely stopped speeding ever since. I really haven’t had any problems with the police since learning that lesson.
Pretty much my experience. The cops in Australia do lots of revenue-raising and it can be frustrating. Also one time I was mugged and I called the cops straight away because I knew where the guys were. They took about 4 hours to get there and the guys were well clear before they arrived.

My wife works for the police as a civillian and she paints a picture pretty similar to many frontline public services: often undermanned, with a few people zealously working and plenty of jaded members doing the minimum to get by.

It can’t be an easy job.

i broke my spine in march of this year. I got thrown in a cop car and rebroke my spine this year. /thread

Hmmm

One time I needed to pump my car tire and there was a cop in his car hanging out at the air pump doing nothing and I went up to him like

"Ummmm .... "

And he was like "I'm in your way aren't I, I'll move"

..... that was cool

Another time I was walking to work as I always did and a cop car cut me off in a driveway ahead of me asking if I was some guy and I explained I was some other guy and he left me alone.
i was searching for my name and couldnt get past Clippys mom

When I was a criminal and a piece of shit it was not good. Im a white male. I was constantly harassed as a youth and young man. Stopped many times and searched and accused of crimes with no cause. I always followed the orders when getting manhandled and was polite. I had the snot beaten out of me once as a 16 year old and once as a 19 year old. First time was in the station and all the cops knew it was occurring. Second time I was brought down to a place called cherry beach in Toronto.

As I got older and was no longer a piece of shit, I have been let off many tickets for being polite and honest. I was doing 140km/hour in a 90 zone, told the cop straight up "yeah I was gunning it bro" he let me off with a warning. Also got nabbed looking at my phone while in stop and go traffic on a highway during rush hour. Looked the cop right in the eye and said "yeah bro I was checking facebook, I have no excuse" he asked me repeatedly if it was work related then let me off saying Im the only guy to ever look him in the eye and admit it. A couple of other situations like this.

All in all, police have a VERY hard job dealing with human garbage daily. I have the utmost respect for them. Even though I ve been beaten and terrorized by them at points in my life.

Never really had any problems when dealing with police. They are USUALLY looking out for your best interest and public safety. People think it’s funny to post videos of themselves talking shit to cops during traffic stops and being assholes, which just shows their own lack of grace.

No serious problems with cops.

But one time I drove through a smaller town near by and they did a random stop. I waited like 15 mins for them while they ran my driver ID and then I see a k9 unit pull up. The young cop comes outs with the dog and he was no more than maybe 21 and very nervous as I stared him down in his eye in disbelief. And of course they lied about the whole thing and said the dog had a hit on my car for weed/cocaine/meth or whatever so it gives them the right to search it.

I was tired and wanted to get home as it was getting late so I didn't waste my time arguing with those idiots. So now 4 cops are going through my whole car trying to find drugs or whatever and eventually those retards gave up and thanked me for my cooperation. Oh yeah, they gave me a pat down after everything was said and done.

The whole thing was illegal from the start but sometimes you gotta" pick your battles.

I would just like to say just because you haven't had a bad encounter does not mean someone else did not have one. Being a law enforcement officer isn't like your everyday job. Police weld special powers over the average citizen and one wrong move by them can ruin your whole life. Not all police officers are inherently bad but it only takes one to destroy another. Accountability should always be important.

Last edited:
Not a fan pigs, i know not all are bad but most are and all the shit they do today to unarmed people,pets, mentally ill, etc. is scary.
The one and only time I called pigs in my life when i was a teen(i was robbed at gun point) the pigs threatened to shoot my dog(a happy go lucky husky) when i didnt even want to let them in my house...
Then upon doing research i found out they legally need low IQs(2nd court of appeals ruled)and do not have to legally protect you(supreme court ruled after women were being raped and tortured while cops knew and did nothing) statues below. Not to mention these videos below, scare the shit out of me, as anyone of us could be next.(i can post many more sadly)

"Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police do not owe a specific duty to provide police services to citizens based on the public duty doctrine."

Legally they only have to ticket you,beat you, arrest you, or kill you. That is law, fact, proven above, its not my opinion.

"The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test. Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training."

Pig shoots 9 year old girl in eye(dont watch if you cant handle a little girl screaming after being shot in the eye) none of the pigs offer any aid BTW.

Pigs beat man on fire after the person they were chasing crashes into him... so they beat the innocent man on fire...

Pigs shoot man laying on the ground with his hands up pleading with them not to shoot his mental patient playing with a toy truck... So what do the pigs do... shoot the man laying on the ground with his hands up...

Pig shoots airforce vet for getting out of his car after a car accident... WTF was going through his mind to shoot someone after a car accident...

This thread reeks of small man syndrome.

I have had both bad and good experiences. I would say the majority of my interactions have been fine, but they have power over you so it only takes that one bad time to ruin your life. I have seen cops abuse their powers on more than one occasion.

Yup. 4 bad experiences and 1 good.

My opinion is that 90% of cops are great people trying to do good work. The problem is they also cover up for the 10% and that's what gives them all a bad name

If they are covering things up, they aren't good people

I have had two bad experiences with cops, the rest were good. I have told this story before, but when I was fourteen, some kid shot out a neighbors lights. The cop shows up and blames me. I said “ sir, I swear on my life it was not me” and he pulls out his gun and says “then I should shoot you now because you are a liar.” He walked me to my house, made me get money for the lights I did not shoot. Some little brat got caught the next day.

My first year as a Leo, that same cop called for back up. I asked him if he was going to shove a gun in their face and then left.

Another time, I got a ticket and the guy was exceptionally rude. Took it to court, the judge was a patient of my dad and he tossed it.

I guess it depends where you live, but our response time is often less than one to two minutes for emergencies. I have been on the scene while people were shooting, then shot at us. I have been there for countless bar fights and riots. I once tackled a guy that was chasing another guy with a machete. When he hit the ground, the machete bounced up and cut off part of his forehead and some dred locks.

I get why people think police are crooked, but for every YouTube video, there are tens of thousands of interactions that were positive.

Mostly positive. A couple a bit embarrassing. One ridiculously over the top response.

I’ve never run from cops or threatened them so all my run ins have been inconvenient but safe.

Its a mixed bag. I grew up in a bad area with alot of shit head cops so my first experiences were quite poor. My family experiences were bad too. I remember the same PD attacked my grandfather for walking home his drunk friend one night because they assumed him dragging his pal along along was him attempting to mug him and instead of being sensible and asking what was happening they jumped out of the car and beat him. Oddly enough that never stopped him from wanting the male members of his family to become law enforcement.

To be fair i still think relatively poorly of that particular police department as i have had two other employers that put me in direct interaction with them and they continually reaffirmed by views about them. BUT I have met a few good dudes on that force. One in particular was a cop that was stationed in a hospital i was a guard at. You could take the most hard core cop hater there is and this one would soften there views towards law enforcement guaranteed. He was mellow Af and didn't like to use force. He would just verbal judo everybody and it worked like a charm. He even won an award for showing up to some elderly senile callers house on his day off and mowing his lawn for him since he couldn't do it himself and believed his lawnmower was stolen. I met a few more in that hospital that were real kind hearted people too.

Despite the bad experiences i still dont judge a specific cop on the poor experiences of previous ones as thats idiotic and leads to the same prejudices you see towards people across the board and I ended up currently working for a law enforcement agency this year so....

One thing i noticed too now that now this year since the job swith is LEO agencies have no sensible policies it seems towards Internal Affairs. Its as if that its either two sides of the extremes. They either let the LEOS continually get away with shit or other departments try to hem them up for the dumbest shit imaginable. I know a female LEO who got an IA case opened on her because she allegedly cursed at a prisoner lol.

We need a balance in our society where they are judged fairly but again it seems like its hit or miss . You see incidents where a media storm is created out of nothing and others that should be prosecuted that fall by the way side due to the news not pushing it hard enough or corruption in various areas.

Last edited:
With the British police it's gone both ways.

They brought home my drunk brother on his 18th birthday after finding him asleep on the pavement. Didn't say anything, just drove him home and and helped him through the door. Very considerate.

My friend in the British infantry was caught pissing in public on a night out. Cops went to arrest him. Found out he'd served a tour and instead took him home. And picked him up a McDonald's on the way.

Then On the flip side I've had a family member witness a brutal assault that put a couple guys in a coma and he caught the police trying to edit/alter his witness statement to play the assault down without telling him.

Mostly positive. A couple a bit embarrassing. One ridiculously over the top response.
giphy.gif

Back