Young Pac photos

Fair enough, but to me it really makes not sense to just create these photos, it's obviously him and not just some look a like. And if you're from Santa Rosa, (I'm familiar with that area, have family and friends there and even lived there a couple years) you're obviously exaggerating. I can't really think of any place there even in the heart of Norteno central that someone would just jack you for a camera.

I am also very familiar with the Philippines as well and can assure you that it's not like thunder dome where any piece of technology would get stolen as long as you use some form of common sense. Even though it's a third world country they are pretty advanced when it comes to technology, and no one is going to look at you as if you're from outer space when you break out your iphone.

Here's an example of Filipino Photoshop work, enhancing a photo:

Photoshopsexygirl.jpg

if they can make her look like that, they can make an old photo look like a higher resolution was used.

Oh so you are familiar with Santa Rosa, Ya I was jumped in to VSRN at a young age, that was a long time ago and that part of my past is done, but sure not everyone gets jacked automatically so I guess I was exaggerating a little to prove my point, but it does happen.

I remember this kid was hanging out one time on Kenton CT, didnt really hang with us but he was ok. Started talking about fighting and Gangstas dont really take to that well if they dont know you. Well my friend decided to beat him up and ended up stealing his shoes.

Not proud of that shit just saying thats all.

^
I can sense a massive bush right there! :icon_chee

I rarely post in the boxing forum, but I do read a lot. I feel I don't have much to contribute with the amount of good posters in here.

And you are not one of them. You are the kind of internet community guy trying to find errors and complain. Not a good resource to have in my opinion.

I'm a fan of good boxing fights and love exiting fighters such as Tyson, Pacman, Duran, Hagler, Mosley, Quarry etc etc. So I will assure you I'm not the mainstream nut hugger for thinking Pacman whoop Mayweathers ass in terms of true action in the ring. And I feel you are one those bitter posters trying to ruin a simple thread that is aiming towards Manny when he was young and what he has become.

You ask why we are seeing the pictures right now. The reasons can be many. Maybe the photographer was a good friend of the people in the gym, maybe he has kept the pictures to the right moment to publish them. He saw some potential and now when Pacmans stock has reached it's peak in terms of mainstream famous, he have decided to publish them, because he knows many people in the world know by now who Pacman is, and want to see or know some more.

I'm a photographer by profession and when I was taking my first photos I always had willing friends to be in front of the camera. Some of them are now mainstream famous in Sweden and I would never publish nor sell without their permission.

You question where ever the pictures are fake or arranged. When taking shots in a third world country you always draw attention when running around with a camera equipment. I have been to many African countries and India a numbers of times, and the best way to prevent curious people and not get pictures that doesn't look arranged nor have it ruined by people that were not meant to be in the picture(like in a movie where they shoot 2 actors walking on a street in New York, how do they get a natural look without curious non actors looking right in to the camera?) is simply to be in that area for a week and get to know the people in charge of that area and tell them my purpose for taking pictures. By doing so you don't have a problem with massive crowds every time you are about to take the picture and people feel more natural and relaxed for having you around.

I will now post 5 pictures of mine. Tell me which one(s?) is arranged.

I will give the answer and the story behind the photos after your reply.

india311.jpg

india911.jpg

mocambique192.jpg

mocambique2112.jpg

mocambique201.jpg

Good post, um Id say the third looks arranged

Oh so you are familiar with Santa Rosa, Ya I was jumped in to VSRN at a young age, that was a long time ago and that part of my past is done, but sure not everyone gets jacked automatically so I guess I was exaggerating a little to prove my point, but it does happen.

I remember this kid was hanging out one time on Kenton CT, didnt really hang with us but he was ok. Started talking about fighting and Gangstas dont really take to that well if they dont know you. Well my friend decided to beat him up and ended up stealing his shoes.

Not proud of that shit just saying thats all.

To me you you're still really reaching with making your point but that's just my opinion. Getting jumped as a teen, and getting a flashy camera stolen are pretty different and from what you're telling me you probably were putting yourself in that situation by you and who you were associating yourself with. I'm not judging you by it because when I was a teen I did stupid stuff and hung around trouble makers too, and a lot of the trouble I got into was by me putting myself in that situation.

But back on topic, rest assured it's Pacquiao in those pics...:icon_chee

I know this is somewhat off topic but has there ever been a truly great fighter in Boxing that came from money like say BJ in MMA?

All the great fighters like Frazier, Ali, Duran, Pac etc came from poverty afaik.

Barrera may be?

Because I heard Barrera say that he could have been a lawyer but chose Boxing, don't have much idea about his family background though to be honest.

I'm pretty sure the Klitschkos didn't come from poverty. Someone with more Soviet knowledge than me would have a better idea of their situation, but, if I recall correctly, their father was a high ranked military officer, and they were put into Soviet sport schools, or something like that.

Yea I think I heard they were Military boys all life

Just want to give my 2 cents.

We've had a long history of film and photography. We dominated the film industry in the region for 3 decades. Even then, we aren't strangers to negative processing. We know our silver halides like white rice.

Given that the photos were touched digitally, it's still as real as an Ansel Adams photograph of a waterfall. The terms Dodging and Burning didn't come from Adobe.

And it's hilarious to think that the photographers equipment will get stolen as soon as he steps out in the open. We WORSHIP the lens. You point the lens at some gangsta mothafucka in Tondo, Manila, he smiles (in his own ganxta way) and throws up a sign. Even asks you to take more pictures with his crew.

I'm pretty sure the Klitschkos didn't come from poverty. Someone with more Soviet knowledge than me would have a better idea of their situation, but, if I recall correctly, their father was a high ranked military officer, and they were put into Soviet sport schools, or something like that.
Thanks for that about the bro's background.

The_observer86 you are right Ali was from the middle class, my memory must be getting hazy. But obviously it wasn't exactly luxury either in those days if you were Black southern middle class.

Back