You will now have to go through bag searches when going to the movies

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
How long before you have to go through security screening just to go to Walmart?

One of America's largest cinema chains, Regal, is now searching bags of film-goers following several attacks on movie theatres across the US.

Regal's updated policy says it wants customers and staff "to feel comfortable and safe" in its cinemas.

It is not clear when it began, but reports say some people had their bags checked at some of the company's 570 cinemas this week.

"Security issues have become a daily part of our lives in America," Regal Entertainment Group's admission policy now reads on the company's website. The company has not yet commented publicly on the new regulations.

"To ensure the safety of our guests and employees, backpacks and bags of any kind are subject to inspection prior to admission," it continues.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34010790

That's a stupid idea. Another gun free zone idea. But it will only be gun free for the victims. The criminal will hide his gun better and get past the search.

Never let something go to waste

We can now look for food using the weapons excuse, nevermind that most carry on their person.

So the murderers will kill the security personal before running in and gunning people down.

If your security is unarmed it's useless.

So the murderers will kill the security personal before running in and gunning people down.

Duh this is an mma forum they should train

As we all know most mass shooters keep their rifles in purses, and pimple faced teenaged ushers are the most qualified to confiscate those weapons. I feel safer already.

In the Mayberry thread someone not from the US said their bags get checked and they've never had a shooting. So let's relax on the melodrama.

Not to mention, why bring a bag to the movies anyway?

Thus is an issue we all need to be concerned about.

Why not just a walkthru metal detector? Definitely after the munchies.

How much luggage do you need to watch a movie?

I will say it's yet another stupid knee jerk reaction

i blame ice cube

My buddy and I were searched going into Straight Outta Compton tonight. They were definitely looking for candy.

[YT]HzeZhCt5PVA[/YT]

huntin for smuggled in non lobby food is all they be doin. watch the correlation between searches and increased cinema snack prices.

Good idea. What happened to a businesses right to 'freely' do as they choose? Can't believe the same people complaining about this are the same ones who are quick to defend racist/sexist/homophobic business practices under the guise of it being 'personal/entrepreneurial freedom'

America!

Quote the post where someone said they couldn't do it

Probably not surprising, but this is a must in every cinema(or any other public place, for that matter) in Israel. Having lived through it, I'd say that if you're not planning on a mass shooting/bombing then you shouldn't care, really.

Well that would be a million times more complex than just going to a place that doesn't have security.
Which is, in the end, the main obj of security, to be a deterrent.

Back