You will now have to go through bag searches when going to the movies

Probably not surprising, but this is a must in every cinema(or any other public place, for that matter) in Israel. Having lived through it, I'd say that if you're not planning on a mass shooting/bombing then you shouldn't care, really.

Well that would be a million times more complex than just going to a place that doesn't have security.
Which is, in the end, the main obj of security, to be a deterrent.

I'm going to need all your passwords since you are on the up and up then

I'm going to need all your passwords since you are on the up and up then

lol,
So you have no problem showing your driving license, which has a lot of your personal info, every time you buy booze. But showing that you don't have a bomb or an smg in your bag is a huge privacy violation? getfo

lol,
So you have no problem showing your driving license, which has a lot of your personal info, every time you buy booze. But showing that you don't have a bomb or an smg in your bag is a huge privacy violation? getfo

Your premise would work if I showed my DL as my ID and if it actually had any personal info on it

There are hundreds of people trying to enter in like ten minutes. These searches won't be thorough. And checking bags is very different than being allowed to do a search on someone's person due to 4th amendment issues. In other words, anyone who wants to bring in a gun will just put it in a pocket or waistband. It's about people bringing in liquor and outside food.

just an excuse to catch the smuggled in munchies

This is my thought as well. They know a large percentage of people sneak in food because their shit is so overpriced. Now they have an excuse to crack down under the guise of "keeping everyone safe".

None of the spree shooters carried a bag.

This has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with stopping people bringing their own drinks and candy so you have to buy their $6 sodas.

Good idea. What happened to a businesses right to 'freely' do as they choose? Can't believe the same people complaining about this are the same ones who are quick to defend racist/sexist/homophobic business practices under the guise of it being 'personal/entrepreneurial freedom'

America!

Point out on post where someone said they should be allowed to sue the movie theatre for $135k.

Not to mention, why bring a bag to the movies anyway?

Ever been to a movie after a day of shopping and have bags with you? Or take some young kids to a family movie?

Murrica. Where even the most retarded idea is valid as long as it is not gun control.

No wonder that place is a 3rd world shitholde compared to real functioning countries who have their shit together.

"To ensure the safety of our guests and employees, backpacks and bags of any kind are subject to inspection prior to admission,"
"Ensure"? As in "guarantee"? So fucked...

They'd be less liable if they just said they were looking to discourage patrons from bringing in their own snacks.

What's your license then? Just says "This man can drive"?

More IDs than the drivers license and you are telling me you call your name personal info or do you mean your height and weight cause god forbid they know for certain something they can guess

More IDs than the drivers license and you are telling me you call your name personal info or do you mean your height and weight cause god forbid they know for certain something they can guess

Cool. What's your exact address since you are on the up and up then?

Back