You know you addicted to jiu jitsu when...

-- When you shrimp to turn over in bed.

-- When you elbow escape to get the blankets off when you get out of bed.

I've do both of those regularly. :redface:

When you go to BJ Penn .com and wanting to get the same exact bowl that BJ is eating his vegetable stir fry from and bring it to the beach...

just like BJ Penn...

when you buy Gracie mag and you can't read Portuguese..

shows up to work late because you had practice before work.

-- When you catch yourself pistol gripping the sleeves on your regular jacket for no reason other than to pistol grip.

--- When you shake hands with a normal person you cup the back of their elbow with your free hand as if you're going to arm drag.

hahaha, guilty of 1 and 2

When you tell your girl to get into half guard instead of missionary position during sex

When cuddling turns into a grappling match against your un suspecting girl.

I do this all the time work my way around to guard back to half guard.... it's sad.

You only have a year or so of training but you feel you can take out anyone at the bar or club.

you sneer at people that wear tapout and affliction shirts

(Judo)- You randomly footsweep the air while you walk.

When you tell your dog to "sit" in front of you on the living room floor, then you pull BFG and hook sweep him onto the couch

massive osoto gari against trees while waiting for a bus

u rnc an invisible person while waiting for ur food at a restauraunt

while openng doors u use ur judo skills. for pushing doors u use ur weak arm kuzushi, and for pulling doors open u pull them open a bit then use ur kouchi gari to finish the door off

cuddling with your girl consist of kesgatame, side control or mount

u just lay on the ground and stretch and kinda roll when at other peoples houses even though there is ample seating

u have to stop urself from hard double legging people who walk towards u on the street.

u gi choke urself with your own jacket/button up shirt all the time

u get outta bed with a scissor sweep.

put ur kids to sleep with rnc

think no one except superior grapplers could ever beat u in a fight

after shaking someone's hand you immedietely transition into a flying armbar.

You trim your fingernails daily just so you don't scratch your training partners

When you practice on your dog.
When you here "BJ" and your first thought is "Penn."
When you know the North/South position, the full mount, the rear naked choke, and BJJ have nothing to do with sex.
When you use the RNC to "hug" your wife/gf.
When you enjoy rolling around with sweaty muscular guys and you're straight.
When you've got more gis than shoes.
When you hug someone and pummel for underhooks.

When the instructor tells you.. "Okay while in the 69 position" and no one laughs..

-- When you catch yourself pistol gripping the sleeves on your regular jacket for no reason other than to pistol grip.

--- When you shake hands with a normal person you cup the back of their elbow with your free hand as if you're going to arm drag.

also guilty of 1 and 2, i thought i was the only one

massive osoto gari against trees while waiting for a bus

u rnc an invisible person while waiting for ur food at a restauraunt

while openng doors u use ur judo skills. for pushing doors u use ur weak arm kuzushi, and for pulling doors open u pull them open a bit then use ur kouchi gari to finish the door off

cuddling with your girl consist of kesgatame, side control or mount

u just lay on the ground and stretch and kinda roll when at other peoples houses even though there is ample seating

u have to stop urself from hard double legging people who walk towards u on the street.

u gi choke urself with your own jacket/button up shirt all the time

u get outta bed with a scissor sweep.

put ur kids to sleep with rnc

think no one except superior grapplers could ever beat u in a fight

also use knee and elbow strikes to open doors, i get outta bed with a scissor sweep, i RNC my knee bc eddie bravo told me to, and im always to tempted to work in a gi choke when my friends leave their dress shirt unbuttoned when goin out to a club. im happy to know im not the only one doing these things.

Back