You have 10k, use it to make yourself more money.

I'd invest in my companies stock which has dropped from $32-36 to right under $3. It'll go back up once the price of oil goes back up which I think will happen eventually.

I'd invest in my companies stock which has dropped from $32-36 to right under $3. It'll go back up once the price of oil goes back up which I think will happen eventually.

What company is that?

Pay off the remainder of my student loan debt.

Without that looming over my shoulder, it frees me up quite a bit.

Pay off 10K in high interest student loans. That would save me plenty over the next 10 years.

we need to know your current net worth before giving advice on what to do with it

I saw kids putting their lives savings into that crap when it was skyrocketing to only lose it all within a year. Fucking nerds thought they were going to become warren buffet without doing any real work.

Yea, it was pretty embarrassing to watch. The people who got in early thought they were geniuses and doubled down and the people who saw the spike poured money in too.

Its lost a lot of value. I might have to get in on that. It was at a thousand before. Now only 293. Can't pass that up. Surely it won't go lower.

Bitcoin is not an investment. This is the reason it will never be a sustainable currency either. The majority of the people who own it, think it's an investment rather than actual currency.

Don't be stupid. Put you money in investments that have a chance at return based on production rather than speculation/fake demand.

Options trading if you don't mind risking it all.

It takes alot of guts and resolve though - I have 18k worth of October contracts (about 58 days from expiry) in a bunch of oil companies. I bought them at their lowest, and I am betting there isn't a whole lot more downside. Even if the stocks go back up to where they were trading on August 1st, I double my money. If it doesn't, I lose everything.

Oh my dear god... How did those options do today? I guess your going to learn a lesson you'll never forget. Trying to call a bottom in crude is madness.

Bitcoin is not an investment. This is the reason it will never be a sustainable currency either. The majority of the people who own it, think it's an investment rather than actual currency.

Don't be stupid. Put you money in investments that have a chance at return based on production rather than speculation/fake demand.[/QUOTE
You could say the same thing about gold.

10k? I would make a horror movie filmed in my own house using no name drama students from a local college for actors. The movie would be a 'found footage' style and about a paranormal haunting.

Back