You Can't Weigh 250 Pounds And Have Great Stamina

delbosque

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Especially when you're fighting another HW who is making you carry his weight. I only bring this up because I'm so tired of fighters, especially HWs, getting criticized for gassing in the later rounds. If you're not tired by the end, you weren't fighting hard enough in the beginning!

Neither JDS or Cain's cardio is bad.

It's true. A five round decision and HW's are bound to gas.

There have been fights were it was embarrassing watching hws gas after like two minutes.

Was more impressed with the cardio and pace Cormier and Barnett showed in their 5 round fight

Very true. The increased muscle didn't help JDS. But Cain fights at an abnormal pace for a heavyweight. That type of pace would tire out almost anyone.

You obviously don't watch the NFL much.

That completely different. I think if mma guys fought for 6 seconds then got a 30 second break they'd have better stamina too.

And nfl guys gas too

whoever says Cains cardio sucks didnt wrestle for 1 minute in life and doesn't know shit about fighting.After 5 minutes of crazy high tempo fight u must be at least a bit tired.And thats when u weigh 180 pounds and wrestle with someone of your size +- 20 pounds.Now do that in competition(ufc),weigh 250 and fight with someone of your size(who is beast) for 5 rounds while mixing it with striking.After 2 such TD defenses(Round 1) u would fold and start crying while fighting for your breath.Cain's mentality is big factor.He s relentless in his TD attempts and guy is beast.

lebron-james-thumbs-up.jpg

Cool Story Bro

Can't believe everyone was acting like Cain was still fresh in the last 3 rounds, those last 3 rounds reminded me of Hunt/Rothwell, both guys were running on empty

Especially when you're fighting another HW who is making you carry his weight. I only bring this up because I'm so tired of fighters, especially HWs, getting criticized for gassing in the later rounds. If you're not tired by the end, you weren't fighting hard enough in the beginning!

I can't speak for others but i personally got tired of hearing how Cain is just as fast and skilled as welterweight. He's not at all. Both JDS and Cain looked like normal heavyweights after round 2. And i'm not knocking them they're the two best HW fighters it is impressive guys that big and strong can take each others shots for 5 rounds. That was cool to see. Going 5 at thier size is a feat in intself.

My ex-wife would disagree.

jet lag? if you are a champ, you are well aware of the effects. JDS just got tooled by a better overall fighter. i like JDS alot, but what happened last night is what i thought would happen in fight 1. fight 3 will be another fight 2, imo.

This. LBJ has cardio for days

Let's get him on the wrestling mat. Jogging around, dribbling, and dunking is probably a little less tiring than getting punched in the face, punching, and dealing with another man's body weight.

lol the NFL is not equal to mma in terms of pace or physical demand. The game stops so much in the NFL. Hard Grappling for 5 minutes is more exhausting than playing 20 minutes of Football.

Back