You Can't Weigh 250 Pounds And Have Great Stamina

Let's get him on the wrestling mat. Jogging around, dribbling, and dunking is probably a little less tiring than getting punched in the face, punching, and dealing with another man's body weight.

If LeBron had chosen wrestling as his path rather than basketball he would be the goat.

Nothing in the NFL or NBA could possibly compare to the stamina required to do even a 3 round fight. There are NFL players that could be fighters no doubt but they'd have to totally change the way they train and get rid of ALOT of muscle mass. That shit eats oxygen like no other.

If LeBron had chosen wrestling as his path rather than basketball he would be the goat.

Too tall, no way don't have the balance for it.. How many 6 ft 8 wrestling champions have there ever been?

lebron-james-thumbs-up.jpg

Cool Story Bro

basketball does not gas you out as fast as a fight dude. im sorry.

Let's get him on the wrestling mat. Jogging around, dribbling, and dunking is probably a little less tiring than getting punched in the face, punching, and dealing with another man's body weight.

exactly this. the wrestling aspect is 100x more tiring than a game of basketball

I can't speak for others but i personally got tired of hearing how Cain is just as fast and skilled as welterweight. He's not at all. Both JDS and Cain looked like normal heavyweights after round 2. And i'm not knocking them they're the two best HW fighters it is impressive guys that big and strong can take each others shots for 5 rounds. That was cool to see. Going 5 at thier size is a feat in intself.

Yes, but considering the pace of the first 2 rounds of JDS vs Cain, other heavyweights would have looked like that after 2 minutes.
Definitely 2 of the best heavyweights when considering cardio.

How the hell can ppl compare MMA cardio to other sports, especially ones where all they do is run around? The back and forth transition between heavy grappling and striking is one of the most grueling aspects of any sport, then you add in the weight cutting, the adrenaline dumps, the physical damage taken...

I think JDS's cardio has to be questionable even for his size, slowing down 3 mins into a fight is not something I expect to see.

Its an interesting question whether anyone who weights 250lbs+ has ever shown truely great cardio. The two guys that come to mind for me are Josh Barnett and Heath Herring, granted Josh did slow down a bit in some fights(never really gassed though) and Heaths cardio declined as his knees did but they were still able to go at a high pace for 15-20mins.

JDS gassed in like a minute and a half... if you can't criticize that you can't criticize anything

You can't weigh 250 pounds and have good cardio?

This man disagrees
heath-herring.jpg

Fuck you, lay n pray!

You obviously don't watch the NFL much.

This is such an ignorant post. NFL players are built for short-term bursts of speed and power, not sustained aerobic activity. And, yes, I watch plenty of NFL.

JDS gassed in like a minute and a half... if you can't criticize that you can't criticize anything

He did not gas in 90 seconds. Get your facts right first and then we'll consider your opinion.

You obviously don't watch the NFL much.

Nfl linemen/linebacker plays around 50-60 snaps per game, each play is 4-8 sec, 200-480 sec = average 6 minutes of actual playing that is spread out over 1.5 hour.

Rugby players specifically forwards have the ability to do this. They're constantly in motion, tackling, ball carrying, in rucks and mauls, and they do this for two 40 minute halves. The average weight of England's forward is 247 pounds.

Back