Movies You can only pick 1 Christopher Nolan movie to watch

Interstellar makes great falling asleep eye candy.

Thankfully I usually pass out long before that retarded magical bookshelf black hole 5th dimension watch gravity bullshit.

not a fan of him
but out of those interstellar, watched it few times, its quite unique

I thought it was kind of lame. They made it seem like he could see atoms. If you're into Oppenheimer look up his documentary on YouTube. It's better than the film.

I'll check it out

I'll always prefer Illusionist over Prestige since I saw it first. A bit of Armageddon/Deep Impact going on there. For replayability (?), probably Inception. Dunkirk was excellent though. I'll have to give Memento another go. I'm pretty sure I was drunk and fell asleep when I watched it shortly after release.

Memento was great but I don't really enjoy repeat viewings.

For me it's between interstellar, dark Knight, and the prestige.

I'd have to go with the prestige. That movie is so damn good.

He's really fallen off a cliff lately though.
Dunkirk and Oppenheimer were just okay, and tenet flat out sucked.

This thread actually inspired me to watch Tenet (the only Nolan film I had skipped). I still haven't seen Oppenheimer.

Looking at his body of work, I agree it looks like his peak has past. All of my favorite films by Nolan are pre-Interstellar, and that's nearly a decade old now.

(Note this isn't a criticism of Nolan, IMO. Virtually ALL notable directors have similar career paths with a clear peak.)

Have only watvhed five of his films from beginning to end (Memento, Inception, the three Batman movies), would choose Memento out of those.

INCEPTION is my favorite of his, & I also find it benefits immensely from rewatches. Just keeps spinning & spinning & spinning...

lol, I hate that part so much.

YARN | No! No! No! | Interstellar | Video gifs by quotes | 7b96800c | 紗YARN | No! No! No! | Interstellar | Video gifs by quotes | 7b96800c | 紗400 × 222

Murph Interstellar GIF - Murph Interstellar Dont - Discover & Share GIFsView attachment 1020436220 × 124
It is such a beautiful movie and for the most part it is pretty clear they at least attempted to have things based in science...

Then they painted themselves in a corner and decided:

<Y2JSmirk>
He can use Morse code from behind the bookshelf and write geographic coordinates and communicate into the past using a magic wristwatch second hand and patterns in the fuckin DIRT on the floor!

Then he will survive flying into a black hole and spaghetification using high tech state of the art plot armor.
<Neil01>

Memento is his best film followed by following. He’s been guilty of a lot of duds and seems to keep getting worse.

Interstellar I think.

Prestige but only if I could erase my memory every time I watched it, because the twist reveal of the twin bro blew me away on first watch

Like many have said I'm going TDK although I don't think it's his best movie I think it is the most rewatchable

The prestige is imo his best movie and it's not particularly close.

The Prestige. What a great film.

Everything he makes is fantastic and he's so important at the moment. He's one of the only directors studios will let make interesting stuff in this era of Marvel shit and pointless remakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back