Movies You can only pick 1 Christopher Nolan movie to watch

Probably The Dark Knight for having the most replay value for quite a lot of character to it, maybe Dunkirk behind that for just being about the tension, besides that I think Nolans films being so plot heavy doesnt make for something I want to rewatch that often.

Generally I think he's the classic case of a director who's very consistent but lacking in truely great films, lots and lots of 7 or 8/10 level films for me

Memento was great but I don't really enjoy repeat viewings.

For me it's between interstellar, dark Knight, and the prestige.

I'd have to go with the prestige. That movie is so damn good.

He's really fallen off a cliff lately though.
Dunkirk and Oppenheimer were just okay, and tenet flat out sucked.

Uhm, what? Oppenheimer and Dunkirk are his best two films since Prestige and TDK , by far.

Being said, for the thread i'll pick TDK because i have an emotional attachment to that film and it's in my top 5.

Either Dunkirk or Tenet because I’ve only seen those once. Everything else I’ve seen too much already. I haven’t seen Oppenheimer yet though. Nor have I seen Following.

Inception was great, pure masterpiece.
Followed by Prestige and Memento.

Memento was great but I don't really enjoy repeat viewings.

For me it's between interstellar, dark Knight, and the prestige.

I'd have to go with the prestige. That movie is so damn good.

He's really fallen off a cliff lately though.
Dunkirk and Oppenheimer were just okay, and tenet flat out sucked.
Same here, the Prestige all day

The Prestige

One of my all time favorites

Dark knight would be second

Oppenheimer was my favorite my of last 20 years
I thought it was kind of lame. They made it seem like he could see atoms. If you're into Oppenheimer look up his documentary on YouTube. It's better than the film.

Tenet

I have watched all of Nolan's movies multiple times.

I am not saying that Tenet is his best film but it is the one that I enjoy rewatching the most because the entire thing is a big puzzle box that provides a different experience every time I watch it.

Back