Yoel Romero just signed a new deal and became one of the highest paid fighters in the UFC

Care to elaborate?
He missed weight against Luke and then against WHittaker.
How were they not his fault?
the commission said he had 2 hours to make weight after the first miss, then he was cutting weight when after 1 hour they made him stop cutting, then he weighted in 0.2 pound

He’s a boss, and a HELL of an exciting fighter. Would have been champ already had it not been for that coward Bispink shamelessly ducking him.

He deserves to get paid that big time money.

Last edited:
I love this guy so much.. He has the IT factor. I don't know what it is. But he has IT.

Missed weight. Lost twice to Whittaker. Didnt draw a big audience number. Probably on some type of steroids.
I think the UFC is like Joe Rogan. A Big Gay Al hardon for black "A Level Athletes"

giphy.gif

Well deserved, the uncrowned Middleweight Champion deserves every penny and more

Yoel Romero is one of the most cut throat fighters in MMA history

Fighters say he feels like steel because he's evolving the MMA guard in front of our eyes

Q: Why does Yoel Romero feel like steel? (in b4 hack peds memes)

A: Time stamped @ 5:30

Source: https://www.mmanytt.com/yoel-romero...-has-inked-a-lucrative-new-deal-with-the-ufc/

Makes sense...just like Bork Lazer,
He is jacked(deal with it)and fights dirty.
These types always gets the DFW special.

the commission said he had 2 hours to make weight after the first miss, then he was cutting weight when after 1 hour they made him stop cutting, then he weighted in 0.2 pound
on both fights?

Nothing like signing a long term contract at 41 years old haha. Yoel is a madman and a freak of nature, guy is awesome.

Glad to see Black Faber getting paid for coming in second.

Point me in the direction where Faber knocked Cruz around fpr 3 rounds for one of their fights and gave him irreversible brain damage. Wouldn't shock me if Whittaker declined before Yoel after those beatings.

So how much ?
All this talk and still no number, damn

Can the ufc even afford to back their side of the contracts now?

Say whatever u want but the ufc has become horrible nowadays. i come back to sherdog every once in awhile when a fight i want to see happens such as this tj cody 2. Such a shame, this sport used to be awesome. I went back to boxing.

Congratulations. Now... be a professional and make weight.

Well now that he's getting paid more, opponents have more reason to hope he doesn't make weight - 20 percent of his purse is now a fat bonus

Can the ufc even afford to back their side of the contracts now?

Say whatever u want but the ufc has become horrible nowadays. i come back to sherdog every once in awhile when a fight i want to see happens such as this tj cody 2. Such a shame, this sport used to be awesome. I went back to boxing.

<36>

Bye

Not a huge fan, seems like he is always working an angle, but he's entertaining. Glad he's getting paid .

Finally Yoel getting his deserved cash. Rumble was less impressive in who he fought and even less impressive in his loses, but he raked in 500k a fight..

Can people stop freaking out about 0.2lbs? Especially when comission was dodgy in its decisions there?

Now Yoel can feel justice when UFC cherrypicks the hardest MW fights there is for him. This is the guy who never fought fodder competition for his rank.
Rumble was less impressive in who he fought?
{<huh}
Rumble was knocking out guys in Glover and Gus when no one else was doing it, dude was absolutely SPECTACULAR in his wins. One of the greatest in terms of destroying his opponents.

You’re right about Yoel looking better in his losses than Rumble, but Yoel has nothing on Rumble’s dominance. What Yoel could do after multiple rounds, Rumble did in one.

So how much ?
All this talk and still no number, damn

I'm guessing 300K/300K -- probably more if he becomes champion.

Conor, Ronda (retired) and Brock are the only fighters that have a "custom" deal (meaning they don't need a belt in order to collect that sweet PPV money and get a huge upfront fee; 2-3+ million per fight)

Back