Yoel Romero just signed a new deal and became one of the highest paid fighters in the UFC

well deserved, the people's champ making champ money <RomeroSalute>

Don't dispute that he's a talent but he's also repeatedly failed to make weight, repeated failed title fights & regardless of what USDA can find clearly a cheating prick. But congrats I guess.

Finally Yoel getting his deserved cash. Rumble was less impressive in who he fought and even less impressive in his loses, but he raked in 500k a fight..

Can people stop freaking out about 0.2lbs? Especially when comission was dodgy in its decisions there?

Now Yoel can feel justice when UFC cherrypicks the hardest MW fights there is for him. This is the guy who never fought fodder competition for his rank.

giphy.gif

Well deserved, the uncrowned Middleweight Champion deserves every penny and more

Yoel Romero is one of the most cut throat fighters in MMA history

Fighters say he feels like steel because he's evolving the MMA guard in front of our eyes

Q: Why does Yoel Romero feel like steel? (in b4 hack peds memes)

A: Time stamped @ 5:30

Source: https://www.mmanytt.com/yoel-romero...-has-inked-a-lucrative-new-deal-with-the-ufc/

Uncrowned champ? Have you rewatched his last fight?

That same manager also claimed his client Jon Jones was THE highest paid fighter in the UFC last year.

I didn't know they shared a manager. Now Yoel and Jones have something else in common.

Good for him. The guy is an exciting fighter who has given us many great fights.

For x number of fights. I think Romero will end up with a long KO losing streak like all old fighters. Just like Overeem who can't save his last brain cells by walking away from those 800k checks.

Congratulations. Now... be a professional and make weight.

He def missed weight for Luke but he took the fight on short notice. And he definitely got fucked by AC in this last incident because he wasn't even given the amount of time they have written in their rule books. Lets not act like hes some habitual offender though

Good for him, Yoel is one of my favorite fighters in the UFC now. A scion of heavenly destruction.

And he made 186 and 185.2 in his last fight so as long as it's not for a belt, he's good at MW you snowflakes

He'll be doing alright. Lost 2 of last 3 + missed weight on 2 = $1mil.

UFC 213 – Jul 8/17 – L (Whittaker) – $430,000 ($350,000 to show, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $30,000 Reebok sponsorship)
UFC 221 – Feb 10/18 – W (Rockhold) – $255,000 ($350,000 to show, $105,000 fine for missing weight, $10,000 Reebok sponsorship)*
UFC 225 – Jun 9/18 – L (Whittaker) – $290,000 ($350,000 to show, $70,000 fine for missing weight, $10,000 fight week incentive pay)*

I assume $he's around the $500k+ mark now.

I thought dillon danis was the highest paid fighter in the sport.

he makes weight all the time. the commission fucked him over last time, but keep on with the broken record
Makes weight all the time huh? Just like his last two fights? Lol Yoel is a joke and his fans are too. The true champ Whittaker is professional, humble and doesn't cheat, unlike Romero.

Back