Yoel Romero cheats, takes advantage of rules and point fights.

Everything Romero does is defensible in the moment. The problem is, it seems like there’s always something to defend.

Yoel didn't do much. Costa was getting his own fingers and groin shots in. Costa did slot of nut shots and eye pokes in Hall and Hendricks fights too.

You're not a Yoel fan. GTFO your hater ass.

im speaking facts. counter with facts or gtfo.

He was late to round 3.

Eye poked.

Exaggerated groin strike.

Shot a takedown with 5 seconds left to point fight and win the round.

He stalls whenever he can to rest.
that eye poke was dirty AF

it was a pathetic display for yoel. and i was a huge fan prior to this fight. dude is a fraud then talks about God and being good and shit.

He handed the chemical kid a very nasty eye poke to rest a minute or so.

He also trys to stall, rest whenever anything happens to recharge his energy. was late to beginning of round 3. over exaggerated the groin strike and eye poked the chemical kid to give himself a break.

who shoots a takedown last 5 seconds of a round (round 2) except a point fighter? it was not pretty to see. as diaz said he was trying to win through loop holes.

Im not a Costa fan i hope he gets KTFOed in his very next fight but it was ugly by yoel.
It's more of a God thing because I've killed people in Cuba vibe to me like a Ray Lewis. He wants forgiveness/ redemption and believes in hell imo. Cubans are all catholic or christian.

Also no fucking volume. The "lull you to sleep" routine only works so many times before people are keen to it just like his take two rounds off and explode in the 3rd. Like I said when I was making fun of Yoel worshippers today, homie needs a home run to win. Not going to happen. He's just lucky Costa is a wild-man amateur with no fight IQ or cardio. Yoel most overrated fighter in sherdog history.

What's funnier, people thought he would actually get that close decision. Cmon now. Wake up people.

Do these corn-holers on ESPN know how fucking stupid they look? Wtf is wrong with people? I don't understand.

Last edited:
yeah even Joe and Dom were talking like yeah low blow and stuff, i saw a knee above the groin in every camera shot.
after the eye poke where the dr had to come in, Rogan and Anik were saying it was "unintentional" that replay was blatant as it gets. but they sure as hell wanted to sell that groin strike

Last edited:
"Takes advantage of rules"

<Dany07>

LMFAO @ Shaming someone for following the rules.

He got poked in the eyes...he has up to 5 minutes to recover.....shaming somebody for taking those 5 minutes, is stupid.

Maybe you should have a problem with the eyepokers more than the people recovering.

Wish more guys would take 5 minutes to fully recover.

He didn't look like he was trying to intentionally poke Costas eyes. He was trying to force a clinch.

DC was doing the same fucking thing! You extend out to grab while trying to defensively intercept anything you can get your hands on

It's more of a God thing because I've killed people in Cuba vibe to me like a Ray Lewis. He wants forgiveness/ redemption and believes in hell imo. Cubans are all catholic or christian.

Also no fucking volume. Like I said when I was making fun of Yoel worshippers today, homie needs a home run to win. Not going to happen. He's just lucky Costa is a wild-man amateur with no fight IQ or cardio. Yoel most overrated fighter in sherdog history.

What's funnier, people thought he would actually get that close decision. Cmon now. Wake up people.

Why are you doing baseless claims about stuff that you know nothing? Where did you gte the idea that "Cubans are all catholic or christian"? Over 70% cuban people believe in santeria or doesn't have any believe in gods at all, plus not fucking volume? The guy attempted and landed more strikes in the fight than Costa!

Also no fucking volume. Like I said when I was making fun of Yoel worshippers today, homie needs a home run to win. Not going to happen. He's just lucky Costa is a wild-man amateur with no fight IQ or cardio. Yoel most overrated fighter in sherdog history.

As much as I do believe some overrated Romero in the past, even made a thread about it, you are being extreme. The fact of the matter is that Yoel has been in there with the best of them and proven himself time and time again. The man is 42 years old and this is only the second UFC fighter to beat him. Also NO ONE in the UFC has made Romero look like shit.

The title for most overrated on Sherdog is a battle between Shogun and Mousasi.

Yoel is completely unlikable and a dirty fighter.

He only has fans because, like Joe Rogan, half of Sherdog is full-on permacucks.

Why are you doing baseless claims about stuff that you know nothing? Where did you gte the idea that "Cubans are all catholic or christian"? Over 70% cuban people believe in santeria or doesn't have any believe in gods at all, plus not fucking volume? The guy attempted and landed more strikes in the fight than Costa!
As much as I do believe some overrated Romero in the past, even made a thread about it, you are being extreme. The fact of the matter is that Yoel has been in there with the best of them and proven himself time and time again. The man is 42 years old and this is only the second UFC fighter to beat him. Also NO ONE in the UFC has made Romero look like shit.

The title for most overrated on Sherdog is a battle between Shogun and Mousasi.
Ok. Well. I won and took people's AV's so hard to say I have no idea what I'm talking about. If they are whatever the fuck you googled, it is because of Castro and they would be an absolute anomaly amongst Latin American countries.

Come at me with hard facts.. you're a googler or you're Cuban. Congrats. I go off the top and stay right about.. damn near everything.

Agree with Shogun. I said he'd be the easiest fight of Smith's career and he has 18 losses. And that the very first punch would put him down. That's what happened. But he's old. Moose I disagree I think he fights cleaner than most. In mma years like shogun Moose is 87 years old.

Maybe a bit harsh the way TS put it but, he did try every tactic in the book to;

1-Make it look like he won the round even thought he didn't
2- Take as much time as possible to regain energy
3-Illegitimately harm his opponent

it was a pathetic display for yoel. and i was a huge fan prior to this fight. dude is a fraud then talks about God and being good and shit.

He also trys to stall, rest whenever anything happens to recharge his energy. was late to beginning of round 3. over exaggerated the groin strike and eye poked the chemical kid to give himself a break.

who shoots a takedown last 5 seconds of a round (round 2) except a point fighter? it was not pretty to see. as diaz said he was trying to win through loop holes.

Im not a Costa fan i hope he gets KTFOed in his very next fight but it was ugly by yoel.
Stfu

You’re being a little petty and I don’t think you were ever a big fan—you’re just saying that you were so it somehow legitimizes your point. No one goes from “huge fan” to “I hope he gets ktfo”. Also, stoolgate was way more agregious than anything that happened last night, but taking too much time (which he is allowed to do so PER THE RULES) to recover from an obvious low blow is what did it for you? Admit you were never a fan and stop making shitty threads.

He seems to do that when he can't put someone away and starts gassing. I was not impressed by Yoel's performance last night, all those little baby punches he kept throwing towards the end. I think he could have done better taking more chances with high knees but Costa kept moving forward very impressed by him.

That fake nut shot delay was extremely irritating.

He is actually smart and uses the rules the way they are supposed to be used, they give them 5 minutes for a reason.

Back