Yoel Romero, Anthonny Johnson and Ngannou: How do you classify them in an all time pound for pound history list?

DanDragon Machi

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In my opinion they are the biggest example of genetic freak and monster strength combined with a good technique in MMA history and top 5 best fighters in their respective wheightclass. How hight you put them in p4p MMA history? Maybe a top 30?
Do you consider any of them to be a level above the others? Regardless of the belt, here the focus is on performance

Romero: Weidman, Machida, Rockhold, Ronaldo Souza
Worse Loss in prime: Whittaker 1

Rumble: Gustafsson, Davis, Glover, Minotouro
Loss in prime: DC 1 and 2

Ngannou: Cigano, Overeen, Cain, Miocic
Loss in prime: None (I believe he envolved after losing by Miocic)

Romero and Rumble were greats but not goats. Francis tbc but probably same.

IMO, I have Yoel as MW GOAT. Don't care for him as a person, tho (all the Jesus talk).

I thought he won the Paolo, Izzy and Bobby Knuckles fights.

Rumble is in an enigmatic spot. I still would've loved to see Boner Rumble all the way past the point of Rumble leaving UFC.

Frank might be UFC's greatest HW.

they aren't even top 20 p4p??? they are all fun fighters to watch though

Rumble was up there with the p4p hardest hitters of all time.

I still don't know how Cormier survived getting knocked across the octagon by Rumble.

Yoel and Rumble are nowhere near any list. Ngannou is probably in the same boat but at least he has more of a claim than the other two but fighting every couple of years isn't what's best, not that he cares though.

IMO, I have Yoel as MW GOAT. Don't care for him as a person, tho (all the Jesus talk).

I thought he won the Paolo, Izzy and Bobby Knuckles fights.

Rumble is in an enigmatic spot. I still would've loved to see Boner Rumble all the way past the point of Rumble leaving UFC.

Frank might be UFC's greatest HW.
I thought he lost all of those fights, AND vs Jacare. Just nowhere near any kind of GOAT list, unless maybe oldest fighter to almost get a belt?

Three of the biggest hitters and scariest dudes in the sports history. Not sure any of them really belong in a p4p top 30 though. They all had glaring issues that got exploited at times.

Ngannou is the only one of the three who actually became a champ, and he dominated the UFC GOAT in doing so.

drogang-joe-rogan.gif

Classify these "genetic freaks and monsters".
(Joe Rogan, is that you?)

Last edited:
Three of the biggest hitters and scariest dudes in the sports history. Not sure any of them really belong in a p4p top 30 though. They all had glaring issues that got exploited at times.

What was the Romero glaring issues? Izzy and Whittaker won him with pretty difficulty, nobody could dominate him

Ngannou is the only one of the three who actually became a champ, and he dominated the UFC GOAT in doing so.
Romero and AJ were way better than lots of fighters who bacame a champ (Bisping, Jamall Hill, Frankling). It's ok to think Ngannou was better than them but the "belt factor" is not a absolute parameter

None of the MMMA fighters are ever as good as WMMA.

I put the fighters you named under Bethe Correia.

Romero and AJ were way better than lots of fighters who bacame a champ (Bisping, Jamall Hill, Frankling). It's ok to think Ngannou was better than them but the "belt factor" is not a absolute parameter
Rumble would not have beaten either Jones or DC though. Romero could definitely have beaten Bisping but he would be a transitional champ at best. Relative to the divisions they were in, Ngannou was the best of them. Maybe he loses to Jones or Aspinall but that's a big if.

Francis is definitely top 5 p4p HW. Where you put him within that top 5 is up to the individual however. I personally have him in my top 3.

Rumble's power made him a top 5 fighter, period. I haven't seen anyone besides Ngannou make other top fighters shy away from a power puncher like those two did. That puts them in the top tier of their respective weight classes, even if Rumble wasn't a champ. Romeo wasn't high up on the p4p list to me, he didn't have the "IT" factor with his abilities like Rumble or Ngannou did.

Rumble was up there with the p4p hardest hitters of all time.

I still don't know how Cormier survived getting knocked across the octagon by Rumble.
Rumble could really shut the fuckin lights out on people.
DC was praying to the JBG to let him survive that shot lol.

qDUhhVx.gif

Back