Yi Long vs Sudsakorn's video

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
Does anyone have info on Yi Long? Google only shows about three to four fights and the only ones I watched were this one and another one where he was destroying american MT then got cocky and got KTFO.

Honestly he does look like an amateur even in the fights he wins, but according to internet he beat the south African kickboxing champ. I'd like to see how far this guy can go.

That means absolutely nothing. Even the most terrible muay thai fighter could become
a champ and get some random paper belts.
In this forum people even don't really care if you are WBC muay thai, WMC, WPMF,
IMFA, ISKA champions unless you beat "somebody"
It's all about the level of competition bro.

On the topic, the fact that Chinese people seriously believe that Yi Long is legit despite his level of competition shocks me.
I mean we have internet bro, you can google every single of his opponent and see their fight record, and weight class.
They even have Youku to google all illegal fights.
The only thing that might be worse is maybe how they think he is really a Shaolin monk.

That means absolutely nothing. Even the most terrible muay thai fighter could become
a champ and get some random paper belts.
In this forum people even don't really care if you are WBC muay thai, WMC, WPMF,
IMFA, ISKA champions unless you beat "somebody"
It's all about the level of competition bro.

On the topic, the fact that Chinese people seriously believe that Yi Long is legit despite his level of competition shocks me.
I mean we have internet bro, you can google every single of his opponent and see their fight record, and weight class.
They even have Youku to google all illegal fights.
The only thing that might be worse is maybe how they think he is really a Shaolin monk.

there is a guy on youtube who trying to hype Yi Long when he beat Cyrus, he said Cyrus was no 1 FTR guy in America LOL. ( so where is that put Hollenbeck who KO him silly)

and Yi long rematch win against Brad Riddell was a controversial one. beside that i dont think he beat anyone that deserve a mention

Last edited:
Haha this guy beat Washington?

I knew Cyrus was no good, but damn.

he is a decent a kickboxer, but no more and probably less

but you gotta admit, his Chin are something else. if didnt get hit that much, he will be a force

to bad he are not skilled enough to doge the strike that he get

Yeah you're right he hasn't beaten any one worth note but I like to see how he fights so..... Crappily and still wins. It's kind of entertaining lol.

Btw what's wrong with Cyrus Washington? Here in New York he is big talk in the local MT scene.

Btw what's wrong with Cyrus Washington? Here in New York he is big talk in the local MT scene.

in American MT scene he is great, but no where near the number 1 even in America

he doesnt deserve in P4P MT rankings.

Probably not but he is revered amongst American guys.

And @Coco isn't he like 50-20 or something?

Because half of this wins are against Tuktuk drivers.

Who in the world did Yi Long beat to even warrant a fight against Sudsakorn? Or did the organization just pay Sud a ridiculous amount of money and Wulinfeng forgot to poison Sud's water?

Who in the world did Yi Long beat to even warrant a fight against Sudsakorn? Or did the organization just pay Sud a ridiculous amount of money and Wulinfeng forgot to poison Sud's water?

The weird thing about fight scene in China is that it's like a seperate entity from
the rest of the world, they are hyping their own fighters in their own promotion/
tv station, the next thing you know is that they bring known fighters to fight their
next big things.
And they don't really know about fight scene outside China, they just try to
match up the biggest name they know. So Buakaw is the hottest name
at the moment, while you won't ever hear them talk about Petrosyan.
Chinese fans have been saying that Yi Long would destroy Buakaw, Yod, Sudsakorn
since his debut, because they believe he has an iron body, and chi power.

And the video poster still doesn't change video description to Sudsakorn's win.

China is their own world lol. They don't bother paying attention to the mainstream media of other countries, or should I say can't... It's understandable since their internet is very censored and their government only lets them see certain things. Like how they thought Jeremy Lin was the next Jordan.

They probably don't even know who Buakaw is.

The weird thing about fight scene in China is that it's like a seperate entity from
the rest of the world, they are hyping their own fighters in their own promotion/
tv station, the next thing you know is that they bring known fighters to fight their
next big things.

Well in fairness, he was able to eat a fuck ton of leg kicks and face punches. That is his chi helping shield those blows. If only he had the whole "punch and kick" thing down.

China has a good thing going with Sanda/free fighting. But if they want to break into another combat sport, they are going to need to actually train and fight people outside of China...

China is their own world lol. They don't bother paying attention to the mainstream media of other countries, or should I say can't... It's understandable since their internet is very censored and their government only lets them see certain things. Like how they thought Jeremy Lin was the next Jordan.

They probably don't even know who Buakaw is.

cant blame them though, their media has been shaped to over promoted nationalism, and create bunch of people who will support the Gov no matter what.

its to prepare them for WW3 against Murica

next big things.

its Crazy what those people believes today. but some can be said to some Thai fans ( again in youtube comment section, where all the dummies are) nationalism make you dumb.

its Crazy what those people believes today. but some can be said to some Thai fans ( again in youtube comment section, where all the dummies are) nationalism make you dumb.

I've got to agree with that. Only a tiny bit of nationalism is healthy, you go over that tiny bit and people get irrational, unrealistic, subjective and sometimes even hostile

Back