Yeti Rage

CarnalSalvation said:
Fine, fuck ya'll no comment making motherfuckers.

Sunday, March 12, 06: Squat

Squats
UP to 600X3

This was supposed to be a single, but the first one shot up so fast I hollered "MORE!" (I know, retarded, but it's not like I had a lot of time to think). Luckily Lynne understood what I meant and quickly retracted the monolift hooks before the bar was re-racked so I banged out two more beautiful reps. I was really on tonight.
At least now there's something to comment on, it sounds like you've blown off the cobwebs and stopped being a pussy, keep it up.

Thanks Alon. I feel like the "old me" is back. It's like the old/new/future Vitor.

Seriously, if I keep the consistency up, I will be in PR territory in no time here.

I haven't squatted a PR (unless you take BW into account, and I don't really) since I was 19.

Basicly my motivation has improved for the following reasons.
A. I just stopped being such a pussy, and am forcing myself to get the workouts in.
B. I realized my dad would want me to keep lifting, even if it means time I can't spend with him
C. While I still have a long ways to go, those two rotten ass wisdom teeth that were giving me chronic headaches etc. are finally out, which means no more (or at least far, far fewer) days of waking up to feeling like i got hit in the cheekbone/dome with a hammer.
D. I don't smoke as much dope anymore.

*puts in a call to Satan to make SURE there's snow in Hell this year*

Seriously, good shit man. I'm proud for ya.

Just FYI, I still think pot smoking is a good thing, but I definately got carried away with how much I consumed in a given day. There is a point of diminishing returns, just like with booze. I learned not to drink too much quickly, took me a longer to realize hwo it worked with reefer. Partially because I love to get high.

Tuesday, March 14, 06: Press Assistance

DB OHP
3X6 (75)

Flat DB Press
3X12 (75)

Lying Tricep Extensions
3X8 (45)

Had to get a workout in quick before the hospice lady shows up.

Wednesday, March 15, 06: Pull

DL
Up to 605X1

This was harder than it should have been, but it's been months since I've pulled from the floor, and on average I do around 50lbs less at home than w/ Lynne or at a meet. Not sure why, it's just a mental bug I've caught. DL variants it doesn't matter, but the DL itself is a mindfuck lift for me, for good or bad depending on the situation.

16" DL
650X1

EZ

RDL
1X3
2X4 (425)

Wasn't feeling these in my hams as much as I remembered, I am gonna keep the weight and work on form next week.

Rows
1X3
2X5 (315)

A little regression in training poundages due to laziness here. Gonna let it sit at 315 (I think the most I've ever used for worksets of 3-5 is 335) until my form gets a little better.

lower back feels pretty good, it's finally starting to get some of it's "shape" back. I REALLY need to put my GHR together, because I can tell my hammies are weak compared to how they were when I was doing the GHR weekly. Plus I'd like to give hypers another try. I just need to clean my basement in order to have room to set it up, which I am really not looking forward to. I have to do a short workout tomarrow, so maybe I will use cleaning my room/gym, and putting my GHR together as a warm-up of sorts.

P.S. I am starting to get that sweet, warm feeling deep inside my bowels. You know the one, where you feel like you could twist somebodies head off with your bare hands, or punch through a brick wall.

Actually, I am gonna go down a protein shake and see if that warm feeling is just the squirts.

Saturday, March 18, 06: Bench

Bench Press
415X1
315X6
275X10
225X10 (narrow grip)

Very happy with that 415. I actually got it caught up on one of the j-hooks and still managed to finish the lift. I need to start setting up further down the bench maybe. Rep work isn't really improving, that's a little disturbing, but as long as my top set of the day is improving I won't bitch too much. I think once the Tuesday sessions attain some consistancy, and I get in ANY kind of "shape", my rep work will improve quickly.

For comparison the best workout I ever had on the bench was 405X3, 445X1, 315X12.

Limit strength isn't that far off, but my rep work really is.

CarnalSalvation said:
DL
Up to 605X1

This was harder than it should have been, but it's been months since I've pulled from the floor

why weren't you pulling off the floor? was the belly getting in the way? I remember you mentioned weighing 350lbs at some point and now you're down to 295-300, which is why I'm asking if it was that tough to reach down. my first PL coach was a 375 to 395er, had a 907 lbs squat but ~700 lbs deadlift. It didn't help he was 6'4" but he always had the hardest time pulling himself to the ground.

My heaviest weight was 330, adn the difference in your coaches lifts was most likely his use of powerlifting equipment.

I do still have trouble setting up, even at 290, but the main reason is I'd been getting good results with rack pulling, but now it seems that my start is a tad weak.

Thanks for the questions though. My PR deadlift is 675, and I squat 700, so my ratio isn't too bad. I only wear belt/wraps, no suits or shirts.

I don't remember much about the equipment he used since I didn't know much about it then. This was about 10 years ago, when I was 17, so I really had no idea what was available then, or if his max was out of a monolift. I've lost touch with him since but I heard that he wasn't too well physically.

Which style is your deadlift? An old training buddy of mine who used to compete in strong man, so he had the exact same problem because he was working the rack so much. His remedy was to binge on plate deadlifts, where he'd deadlift standing a 45 or two. He rarely pulled off the floor but it was usually 50 to 60 lbs more than his plate deadlifts.

Your ratio's almost 1:1. I think that's about perfect as you can get.

Your welcome. Your logs are interesting, so why not ask questions?

I pull convetional, I have long arms, and a strong back, plus I just think sumo is kind of goofy. I don't think it should be allowed in powerlifting honestly.

I plan on doing slightly elevated platform work, that's always been my cycle, from rack work, to platform work. My carrover from 16" deadlifts (3" or so below the knee for me at 6') to my deadlift is usually really good, I usually pull about 25lbs less from the floor (after about 3-4 weeks of pulling from the floor again, just to retrain teh CNS mostly). But I may have neglected my start too much. I am going to do a little platform work (my max off a 1.5" box is more like 90-85lbs less than my max from the floor), and then go deadlift with my coach to "peak".

Missed my squat workout. From now on, if I miss any of my four main workouts, I feel I owe my log a reason why.

My terminally ill father needed to be admitted to the hospital via the ER, during the time my group squats no less, so it was impossible for me to workout today.

Your log has the Yeti rage in it lately...hang in there with your Dad bro...

your father's more imporant than your workouts. I've been in a similar boat and keeping him company is the best medicine for him.

I give up some time Tornado, and I think it makes him proud that I still lift, and I know my accomplishments with lifting have made him proud.

But days when he's really not feeling good, or on the flip side, is feeling great, it can be tough not to skip the workout to hang with pops.

I do spend almost every evening with him though.

That's great man. Keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep him here longer.

Tuesday, March 21, 06: Assistance Press

DB OHP
10'sXwhatever
45'sX10
3X6 (75)

DB BP
3X6 (95)

Shoulders being tired before flat DB press really kills the poundage, but I still seemed to get a decent workout from it.

Tricep Extensions
2X10
1X8 (45)

Once again, everything over 5 reps is incredibly hard for the light weights I'm using.

Back