16" DL
245X3
335X3
425X1
515X1
565X1
605X1
685X1

10lbs over last week, but my PR is 705-710 (not sure which, so just to be safe I will celebrate when I make 715), My sugarmomma is coming to visit in early march, perhaps I will make a go at it then, since she is excited to see me do something other than bench press.

Snatch Grip DL
3X3 (445)

My lower back wasn't gonna take a whole lot more, so I cut the rows. I need to get my GHR put back together so I can start hitting some hypers to increase my lower back endurance (lets be honest, an ME single, and 3X3 on heavy assistance shouldn't finish my lower back) and of course hit-up the GHR's. I now believe that the GHR IS as good as people say, but it sort of sneaks under the radar at least for me, because of all the other variables and shit I am doing. However, my hammies are definately not where they were when I was doing 4-5X12 on GHR's at the end of a workout.

Two last notes for the day:
A. Attitude really DOES count for a shitload. I eat once or twice a day usually, sleep in 3-6 hour jags, but I have really been bringing the intensity to the table on my heavy pull days, and will soon begin doing so on heavy bench and squat days as well. I am just surprised my body is keeping up. I will endevour to increase my calorie intake, and begin taking my vitamins again.
B. I tore both my hands open today on that 685, and now, being the giant vagina I am, I am fearing the saltwater bath I am about to give them. Oh well, at least while I grit my teeth in agony, I can think about how leathery that open wound will be in a few days. Fuck yes!

P.P.S. My back would make you nukkuh's cry!

Have you ever tried deadlifting w/ straps, just for the hell of it? I bet you could pull an Oldsmobile.

I once rack pulled 800 from just above the knees using straps. I had been doing bong hits laced with muscle relaxers beforehand, and did the lift in street clothes. I just wanted to show off for a friend, and was too stoned to know better.

I also use straps on a lot of my assistance pulling. For example, after my rack pulls today, my grip was torched, and both my hands were cut, so I used hooks on the snatch grips. It's my opinion that as long as one trains grip seperatly, and doesn't use straps on their main pulling movement, they shouldn't let their grip limit their back/hamstring work.

Friday, Feb 17, 06: Movin' my body, making my hands gay again

One Handed Plate Pinch (deadlifts, holds, passes)
Block Weights (holds, tosses, limited finger lifts, deadlifts)
Bending (went from a few timber ties and 60d's up to a grade five...I like to bend a grade five now and again just to make sure I can still do it)
Two Handed Plate Pinch holds
Plate Rim Holds (2,3 and 4 finger holds)
Narrow Pinching (using IM's gripper straps)
Curls
Band GM's

Saturday, Feb 18, 06: Bench

Bench Press
365X1
385X1
2X5 (275)

Nothing stellar today. Usually even after a layoff I cna hit four plates, but I've really been slacking. Today going to the gym felt like a real opportunity as opposed to a burden, and I am excited to feel that way again.

Sunday, Feb 19, 06: Squat
Up to 600X1

600X1 is my goal on my "return" workouts, so I was pleased with this tonight. Speed and depth were both excellent according to Lynne and my training partners.

Thursday, Feb 23, 06: Shitty Pull

16" Deadlift
Up to 605X1

This was pretty fast, but my back was also not co-operating very well. I think it's going to take some time for squatting and deadlifting heavy in the same work to workout, so I sandbagged this one.

Saturday, Feb 25, 06: Heavy Bench

Flat Bench
Up to 385X1
315X6
275X12

Nothing to brag about, but another day in the gym, and I'm more focused on consistancy right now than anything. I was supposed to lift at four, my dad woke me up at 1 saying that Lynne wanted to know if I could be to the gym sooner. I as at her door by 2. That's how it's gotta be if you want to lift for real, it doesn't matter if you're tired, hungry, whatever. You must be ready to rock and roll, anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Life's a bitch.

Carnal ever think about doing 20 rep squats?

I did 20 reppers early on in my career as a lifter, I think the best I did for 20 was two plates, but I wasn't nearly as strong as I am now.

I am a fast twitch lifter, my strength starts to lower drasticly past a single, and anything above 3 is limited more by cardio than strength. It's just how I roll. If I were to do endurance work for my squatting, it would be something like narrow (comparitively) full squats for 5-8 rep sets, something like that.

I think 20 reppers are a waste of time unless your goal is conditioning.

CarnalSalvation said:
Saturday, Feb 25, 06: Heavy Bench

Flat Bench
Up to 385X1
315X6
275X12

Nothing to brag about, but another day in the gym, and I'm more focused on consistancy right now than anything. I was supposed to lift at four, my dad woke me up at 1 saying that Lynne wanted to know if I could be to the gym sooner. I as at her door by 2. That's how it's gotta be if you want to lift for real, it doesn't matter if you're tired, hungry, whatever. You must be ready to rock and roll, anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Waking up at the crack of 1pm...no more foolin around, huh?:)

well, when you have a mostly nocturnal schedule, even the 4pm workout sounds kind of early.

Thursday, March 02, 06: Pull

16" DL
up to 700X1

Snatch Grips

Bending

Just fooling around with a friend, wanted to show them 700 from 16".

Lynne was going to the Arnol, so the weekend workouts were scraped. It's not her perrogitive to tell my fat ass wear she is all the time, but at least let me know when you're not going to be there for long-standing appointments. I would have been at her gym by myself the next day if I hadn't called her by chance.

Monday, March 06, 06: Pull

1.5" Platform dead
Up to 555X1

13" Deadlift
605X3

16" Deadlift
605X3

Bent some steel for my dad's enjoyment.

I had no real goal or focus for this workout, I just wanted to train because I'm getting my other top wisdom tooth yanked tomarrow, which puts me out of lifting for a couple days, they say 24-48 hours to prevent the socket from bleeding again, and given how high my blood pressure gets during heavy workouts, I opt to follow the latter.

This workout pretty much served to tire out my back a little, and rip my callous open again for the second time in 4 days. I am getting new callouses below the row right under my knuckles, but they're less "mature" and thus more prone to ripping.

Hey Carnal just a quick question, I tried searching around but couldnt find it, but what are rim holds?

Rim Holds are holding either a 45 or 100lb plate by just the "lip" of the plate. You can use anywhere from 1-4 fingers, or even a thumb if you're strong enough.

Saturday, March 11, 06: Press

Bench Press
Up to 405X1
315X6
275X10

I blew 405 up so hard I wished I'd taken 425 instead, but it'd been a while since I'd done four plates, and I think it was good for me mentally to really rock the hell out of four plates.

Looking forward to squatting tomarrow. With my top wisdom teeth finally out, that's one less thing to interfere with my training.

Whether they're good or bad, I like questions and comments in my log, helps keep me motivated. I'm not asking for ya'll to stroke my ego, but you could help me out by keeping my log happenin'.

Fine, fuck ya'll no comment making motherfuckers.

Sunday, March 12, 06: Squat

Squats
UP to 600X3

This was supposed to be a single, but the first one shot up so fast I hollered "MORE!" (I know, retarded, but it's not like I had a lot of time to think). Luckily Lynne understood what I meant and quickly retracted the monolift hooks before the bar was re-racked so I banged out two more beautiful reps. I was really on tonight.

Hahaha... MORE!

When you're lifting and all the blood is in your legs, I suppose the language center of your brain is rather impoverished.

At the bottom of the squat, I feel a ton of blood rushing to my head actually, and the few times I've worn a suit to squat (2-3 times I think) it's been even worse.

Basicly I just spat out the first thing that popped into my head. And ended up pulling a zoidberg.

Back