Years of Dog breeding

My GSD has no problems getting over my back 7 foot high cinder block wall...

lol he's looking at you like you farted

XFCSRUT.jpg

One of the only pure bred dogs I actually really enjoy. Love Huskies.

To be honest from the get go: I don't like dogs.

And the odd specific breeds of dogs kinda creeps me out. They are all the same animal, but people have bred them just for the fuck of it. I find it weird that more people don't find it weird.

Username is throwing me off

What really irks me is when breeders refuse to outcross their dogs in order to resolve health problems for the sake of a pure bloodline.

Please go drown your animal and never purchase another. The fuck is wrong with you?

Whats wrong with his dog? I got a half Chihuahua/terrier mix from the shelter. Dog is amazing! Athletic and very intelligent. No health problems. He actually got out of the backyard and survive two nights of 15F in the desert. Came back like champ.

No real issue with purebreds, it's just when I see things bred purely for a "look", or excessive large or small stature is when I just shake my head. I can't help but judge people with bulldogs as being selfish.

No real issue with purebreds, it's just when I see things bred purely for a "look", or excessive large or small stature is when I just shake my head. I can't help but judge people with bulldogs as being selfish.

Took some time for someone to say this. Purebred does not equal inbred. Purebreeding detractors might as well say domestic cows are an affront to nature.

Whats wrong with his dog? I got a half Chihuahua/terrier mix from the shelter. Dog is amazing! Athletic and very intelligent. No health problems. He actually got out of the backyard and survive two nights of 15F in the desert. Came back like champ.

There's nothing wrong with his dog, if you consider a small rat like creature that constantly shakes and yaps and is in fear of its own shadow, a dog.

all this dog breeding and they are still doing it doggy style exclusively

I'll rename em Cletus and Peggy Sue if it makes you happy. One of the most problem prone dog groups and my boy is in amazing health. :p

What kind of pups you got mang? I have two mutts, one is a Heeler/something(aussie?), the other is a mutant spawn.

01.jpg

It seems incredible that at one time the Bull Terrier was a handsome, athletic dog. Somewhere along its journey to a mutated skull and thick abdomen the bull terrier also picked up a number of other maladies like supernumerary teeth and compulsive ]

Um, have you met and played with a modern bull terrier? They're quite athletic and pound-for-pound have the most muscle mass of any dog breed. And a 'mutilated skull?' Oh please.

The Bull Terrier from a hundred years ago has no character. Might as well pass as a boring labrador.

Today's version is an improvement.

Um, have you met and played with a modern bull terrier? They're quite athletic and pound-for-pound have the most muscle mass of any dog breed. And a 'mutilated skull?' Oh please.

The Bull Terrier from a hundred years ago has no character. Might as well pass as a boring labrador.

Today's version is an improvement.

I'm not saying that they're not great dogs, but dude, they have mutant heads.

English Mastiff boy Rottie Girl. Had mutts growing up!

That's a big boy. I like Rotties, I just know they have dysplasia sometimes and I'd have to do a lot of research to find a reputable place to get one.

Both my dogs are rescues. I can't go to the shelter anymore because there are just so many adult dogs, mostly pits, who never get adopted out. Luckily the shelter by me is no kill. If I go, I'll come home with another dog.

I'm not saying that they're not great dogs, but dude, they have mutant heads.

'Mutant' heads? Ok, so exactly how is it a negative? They're larger, stronger, and unique look.

Also, I've throughly researched Bull Terriers, this is the first time I've heard of them having supernumery teeth, or that they constantly chase their tails.

What I can say about them is that they're stubborn-as-hell, a royal bitch to train. Not that they're dumb, cats are known to be very intelligent animals, but which ones have been taught to sit, fetch, meow on command, or roll over? Very few and far between.

Back