Years of Dog breeding

Depressing read, thanks for posting TS. Love informative threads.

This reinforces my desire to NOT buy pure bred or designer dogs.

Mutts at pound all the way. Got my dog for $75, best money i ever spent. Smart, athletic, no health probs. 6 years old.

SBiBfKk.jpg

Bookmarking thread to use info, unsourced. :icon_evil

Seriously though, this is a good thread topic. We've twisted these organisms to quite a horrific degree, in many cases. It's a shame.

GSD are not ruined, show line is utter crap. Called the frog dog.

But working GSds are similar to the olds school types, back is proper.

two of my friends have bought GSD from breeders and they riddled with problems.

one has skin rashes that come and go. the one other has hip problems.

they are both under 5 yo.

two of my friends have bought GSD from breeders and they riddled with problems.

one has skin rashes that come and go. the one other has hip problems.

they are both under 5 yo.

See a difference ?

werklijn_kynologische_lijn.jpg

Depressing read, thanks for posting TS. Love informative threads.

This reinforces my desire to NOT buy pure bred or designer dogs.

Mutts at pound all the way. Got my dog for $75, best money i ever spent. Smart, athletic, no health probs. 6 years old.

SBiBfKk.jpg

lol he's looking at you like you farted

XFCSRUT.jpg

Last edited:
Terrible. People suck.

I have a golden retriever/shar pei mix that I bought from a box for 20$. One of if not the smartest dog ive ever owned. No health problems what so ever. Hes awesome.

Yeah, it sucks. Bull Terrier is creepy.

Luckily my first dog was a Huskey, which I guess are pretty damn close to a wolf, and therefore not inbred to shit.

2DzVMxS.jpg

I now have a Sheppard/Pyrenees mix and he doesn't seem to have any hip problems or sagging posture like show Sheppards.

C4vB3dQ.jpg

Labrador/Akita cross in my back yard. 100 lb, 29 inch at the shoulder. Athletic enough to jump in my 4x4 truck. Good with kids. Good guarding instincts. Hardy coat of fur, no grooming needed.

Pugs are an abomination.

I have a half chihuahua/half terrier mutt
She is an awesome intelligent healthy little rat

Every Bulldog I've ever seen looks miserable. I feel awful for what humans have done to that poor animal.

My first dog was a pure dobbie, he was a retired working dog, loved that guy. Since then I only get mutts.

Bull terrier version 1.0 was a handsome looking dog. 2.0 not so much.

Last edited:
The English bulldog has come to symbolize all that is wrong with the dog fancy and not without good reason; they suffer from almost every possible disease. A 2004 survey by the Kennel Club found that they die at the median age of 6.25 years (n=180). There really is no such thing as a healthy bulldog. The bulldog

Labrador/Akita cross in my back yard. 100 lb, 29 inch at the shoulder. Athletic enough to jump in my 4x4 truck. Good with kids. Good guarding instincts. Hardy coat of fur, no grooming needed.

Pugs are an abomination.

Thats a really cool mix. Can we get a pic?

Just look at what breeding has done to pitvulls. Medium sized athletic dogs are now 120lb sloppy lazy mutts. Change the name to "American Bully" and now a did with no historic bloodline is 5k.

Back