Years of Dog breeding

The English bulldog has come to symbolize all that is wrong with the dog fancy and not without good reason; they suffer from almost every possible disease. A 2004 survey by the Kennel Club found that they die at the median age of 6.25 years (n=180). There really is no such thing as a healthy bulldog. The bulldog

Bulldog and Pug are the cutest.

spikesleep2thelook.jpg

DC5FsXv.jpg

7EGRMwN.jpg

Very interesting thread. Kind of crazy how the Bull Terrier went from stoic looking pooch to full retard

To be honest from the get go: I don't like dogs.

And the odd specific breeds of dogs kinda creeps me out. They are all the same animal, but people have bred them just for the fuck of it. I find it weird that more people don't find it weird.

Bull Terrier before/after looks like it hit steroids pretty hard.

Pissed about the German Shepard...

To be honest from the get go: I don't like dogs.

And the odd specific breeds of dogs kinda creeps me out. They are all the same animal, but people have bred them just for the fuck of it. I find it weird that more people don't find it weird.

It's like people breading from fuckall anywhere creating weird offspring.

This is what happens when you breed for form over function.

There are several BBC documentaries about how dogs have been bred into poor health and deformity that's just heartbreaking.

Combine that with the sick fucks who run puppy mills -- force a dog to gestate and birth as many litters as she can, then (when her body is falling apart) kill her or dump her at a shelter -- and sometimes all kinds of things can make me angry.

Never get a pure breed dog. Almost guaranteed problems.

Amazingly, mixing the breeds tends to fix most problems very quickly, even when breeding two pure bred dogs of different breeds.

I watched a documentary on it once that was pretty rough. Some of these dogs now have skulls too small for their brains, meaning that the rates of epilepsy and other brain disorders are alarmingly high.

Shit is fucked.

Never get a pure breed dog. Almost guaranteed problems.

Amazingly, mixing the breeds tends to fix most problems very quickly, even when breeding two pure bred dogs of different breeds.

I watched a documentary on it once that was pretty rough. Some of these dogs now have skulls too small for their brains, meaning that the rates of epilepsy and other brain disorders are alarmingly high.

Shit is fucked.

genetic diversity is our advantage over single cellular organisms

Thread is saddening my day

If I ever get a dog I'll get a mixed one for sure, it also make for amazing intelligent dog from what I've read

Is the shorter snout because of being feed from bowls? Really no need to have a longer snout when you're getting fed biscuits and tin food.

The Bull Terrier looks sick like it has a birth defect. The back problems and disease probably have to do with being indoors and in a small backyard. No doubt the diets have had significant changes.

Unfortunately animals are seen as toys.

I feel bad now after reading this, the domestication of animals.
chris_crocker_leave_britney_alone.jpg
WHY CAN'T HUMANS JUST LEAVE ANIMALS ALONE!!!

Reading this is heartwrenching really. Even though I'm more of a cat person, my love towards dogs was deeply instilled by my grandfather who used to breed Epagneul Bretons. His favourite and last dog outlived him to live to a ripe age of 19, all the while still being vital enough to chase after a ball once or twice down the yard before retreating to the sunniest spot in the house. It's a crime that certain breeds are robbed of living those kinds of lives from the get go.

EDIT: That being said, I've always been deeply in love with the bull terriers shark-nosed appearance, your post disillusioned me somewhat TS.

Last edited:
bull terrier is EASILY objectively the ugliest looking dog breed in the entire world, bar none, hands down.

Back