News Yandiev detained for assault on Kharitonov.

Pretty sure the old lady who got burned by McDonald's coffee actually got really fucked up from that.
And the coffee was too hot AND I don't think she got a lot of money. I know she DID succeed in getting McDonald's to adhere to a safe temperature for their coffee like ALL OTHER coffee sellers. I don't think she did it for the money.

I heard an interview with her and she seemed super reasonable and sincere about her desire to make sure nobody else gets 2nd and 3rd degree burns from coffee that shouldn't be so hot to begin with. She didn't have the PR machine McDees does so she went down as the bad guy in this modern world of corporatism. There was once a time we understood corporations and ALL consolidations of power to be a threat to the common man and not our ally.

Times have changed and PR and advertising tactics now rule the human mind it seems.

Kharitonov got a lawyer... I would imagine he might get some cash. Money for this kind of stuff is not big in Russia though, this isn't US where you can get 100k for getting burned on McDonald coffee :D.

Kharitonov got a broken orbital bone, If he had a fight coming up and can show that he lost some big dollars from Bellator, he might be able to force Yandiev to cover the losses.

Pretty sure the old lady who got burned by McDonald's coffee actually got really fucked up from that.

So many people don't know the true story behind that McDonald's shit, myself included until I saw this video and article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...71482/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit-stella-liebeck

Essentially, the 79 year old lady just sued for $20k (her hospital expenses) and McDonald's only offered $800 in response. The courts decided she was entitled to $2.9M, mainly to teach McDonald's a lesson, as there were more than 700 similar suits against McDonald's prior to this on how hot their coffee was (almost boiling at 190 degrees F), and they had refused to change their policy despite the ongoing issues. She settled for less than $1M.

Informative article and video.

So many people don't know the true story behind that McDonald's shit, myself included until I saw this video and article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...71482/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit-stella-liebeck

Essentially, the 79 year old lady just sued for $20k (her hospital expenses) and McDonald's only offered $800 in response. The courts decided she was entitled to $2.9M, mainly to teach McDonald's a lesson, as there were more than 700 similar suits against McDonald's prior to this on how hot their coffee was (almost boiling at 190 degrees F), and they had refused to change their policy despite the ongoing issues. She settled for less than $1M.

Informative article and video.
Yeah I read she ended up being awarded 640k, but settled for under 600k after appeals.
She was pushing 80, her skin was definitely far past peak elasticity, and to spill steaming hot coffee on it? Must've seared right through her.
I remember McDonald's coffee back in the day, you had to let that shit sit for a good bit before attempting to drink it, and it could still burn the crap out of your lips and tongue.

lol throw the book at this idiot. If he really is baffled as to why it's such a big deal to sucker someone with a weapon he needs to be taught a harsh lesson. Chicken shit knew if his first shot didn't deck sergei that he'd probably get the shit clobbered out of him so decided to bring brass knuckles. I don't hope for fighters to get cut often, but hope this idiot gets released.

Kharitonov got a lawyer... I would imagine he might get some cash. Money for this kind of stuff is not big in Russia though, this isn't US where you can get 100k for getting burned on McDonald coffee :D.

Kharitonov got a broken orbital bone, If he had a fight coming up and can show that he lost some big dollars from Bellator, he might be able to force Yandiev to cover the losses.
*whooooooh*

Rrrrright....but what does this have to do with the UFC? Khabib's a UFC Fighter and his political comments were moved to the War Room, this has nothing to do with Yandiev fighting anyone, his skills, his Rank, it's just about him assaulting somebody.

And Yes even Mike Perry's threads about his Ex GF and shit belong in the War Room as well so don't get me started. This literally has NOTHING to do with UFC.

Don't read the thread? Lol

lol throw the book at this idiot. If he really is baffled as to why it's such a big deal to sucker someone with a weapon he needs to be taught a harsh lesson. Chicken shit knew if his first shot didn't deck sergei that he'd probably get the shit clobbered out of him so decided to bring brass knuckles. I don't hope for fighters to get cut often, but hope this idiot gets released.

I agree.

attacking with brass knuckles is an act of pure cowardice and malice. There is no place for that in a civilized society.

To make it worse they are both pro fighters, and aside from the obvious black eye on the sport, that means this fucktard could have settled his shit like a man if he wanted but instead chose to commit this cowardly crime.

I am troubled by the increase in cowardly cheap shot tactics in street fights lately. Sucker punches are now common place, men throwing punches at females isn’t even shocking anymore, groups assaulting people because they don’t agree with their politics including assaulting SENIOR CITIZENS

It is pathetic. People have no honors or moral code anymore. Can’t help but think it is the result of the first generation of “adults”that were raised with a majority or close to it not having a father at home or varying degrees of “broken families.”

Yeah I read she ended up being awarded 640k, but settled for under 600k after appeals.
She was pushing 80, her skin was definitely far past peak elasticity, and to spill steaming hot coffee on it? Must've seared right through her.
I remember McDonald's coffee back in the day, you had to let that shit sit for a good bit before attempting to drink it, and it could still burn the crap out of your lips and tongue.

190 degrees F is fucking crazy. The article says she suffered 3rd degree burns to her legs and genitals. Fuckin hell, man. She didn't ask for, or get, $3M as so many people think. Myself included before reading about it.

Last edited:
Yandiev was cowardly, video shows him & Sergei talking then all of a sudden he suckerpunches Sergei (landed multiple shots, Sergei probably wasn't expecting). If you're a pro fighter & you sucker punch another pro fighter, you should probably hand in your pro fighter badge or man card

Odds are Yandiev won’t be able to cover any losses at all. I’m just a sherbro, but I’d bet the lawsuit is only worth throwing the guy in jail. I don’t know Russian laws for declaring bankruptcy.

190 degrees F is fucking crazy. The article says she suffered 3red degree burns to her legs and genitals. Fuckin hell, man. She didn't ask for, or get, $3M as so many people think. Myself included before reading about it.
Yeah I don't even want to think about horrifically burning my junk on some coffee that's basically napalm at that point. It's sad, she deserved a couple mill just for that shit.

I think she won because they claimed McDonald’s served irresponsibly hot coffee. Yes, it’s her fault for spilling it, but their fault for distributing coffee well over a safe temp. I’m very foggy in the details though.

I didn't know coffee could get hotter than 100 degrees celsius :D. I drink my coffee boiling hot right off the stove every morning.

Got one of these at home, best coffee ever. Everyone who drinks coffee should invest in one of these:

ImgW.ashx

Back