Xande Beats Roger!

Damn, you beat me to it by one minute. For once, I wanted to post breaking BJJ news. I'm so amped Xande won.

Haha. Me, too. I wonder who won the team title. Probably Gracie Barra, but Alliance did well, too.

HUUGEEEE!!!

Sad day for Americans though -- Lovato lost 5-0 in the finals, and Cooper lost 6-4 in the finals.

Cooper is the DEVIL though, he'll get it soon enough. All this talk about Kron, it's Cooper who has been lighting people up like a demon lately!

Other news -- Galvao over Braulio Estima in the finals. Sad!

A star is born: Sergio Moraes.

He taps Kron and Vitor Estima, and he beats Cooper in the final.

Anybody know anything about him?

Some people say that Roger is the best ever. But is that really true? He lost 3 of the last 4 absolute finals to much smaller guys.

Don't get me wrong--he's amazing--but I think Roger's losses to smaller guys make me hesitate to crown him the GOAT.

Wow, Xande must be very happy. that's phenomenal

The ending was electric, great battle. I don't know how much shit was being said but when Xande got up he pointed to the Gracie Barra side and told them all to shut the f* up. This year there was alot more noise from the camps then last year.

Hell yea Xande is the MAN!!!

Anyone know if he used any throws or were they just shooting style takedowns?

The fight has a bunch of contrvensey (sp) Of of the "takedowns" that Xande landed wasn't a takdown. Both opponents landed in a neutral position on their knees. Xande complained enough to get the points put on. The final wasn't 4-2 it was 4-0-0 to 2-0-1. It should have been 2-0-0 to 2-0-1 with Roger winning. It was an exciting match to watch though. the gracie camps and alliance where yelling at each other all day.

Some people say that Roger is the best ever. But is that really true? He lost 3 of the last 4 absolute finals to much smaller guys.

Don't get me wrong--he's amazing--but I think Roger's losses to smaller guys make me hesitate to crown him the GOAT.

It seems like the game plans by most of the guys fighting Roger at worlds was to get an advantage or takedown point and then stall him out. It only worked for Xande though, he didn't move the last minute and the match ended with Xande in an armbar.

The fight has a bunch of contrvensey (sp) Of of the "takedowns" that Xande landed wasn't a takdown. Both opponents landed in a neutral position on their knees. Xande complained enough to get the points put on. The final wasn't 4-2 it was 4-0-0 to 2-0-1. It should have been 2-0-0 to 2-0-1 with Roger winning. It was an exciting match to watch though. the gracie camps and alliance where yelling at each other all day.

I heard the atmosphere was incredible. Did Gracie Barra win the team title?

I think they did. They seemed to win the most. I left after Rogers match, it didn't sit well with me.

the match ended with xande in a armbar?? ... too bad Roger couldn't finish, i was rooting for him...

So, in your opinion, Roger won the match?

Yeah, I think he did. Xande had a takedown and was staling on the feet and on the mat. As for the points I saw it with Xande getting one takedown (2 points) and Roger getting one sweep (and and advantage for near submission. The match seriously ended with roger locking in an armbar from the guard. Xande wanted to win on points and you could tell. First the first 5 minutes or so there was no score. Xande was backing away and wasn't engaging. Roger moved forward the entire match. I thought Roger actually fought to win the fight while Xande looked to stall and play the points game. He did not attempt one subission on Roger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back