WWE superstars other then Brock that would fare well in the UFC

NO...just no. Steve Blackman got his ass beat by Marc Mero during the WWE Brawl for all 1998. It was a actual combat competition promoted to showcase the "skills" of their fighters. It failed miserably because it exposed all of them for being the uncoordinated frauds

So Blackman was a wimp because he lost to a New York golden gloves boxing champion in a boxing match?

On BoxingRec it even says that Marc Mero reportedly beat Riddick Bowe.

Also, Dennis Bermudez (a legitimate top 10 FW in the UFC) trains under Steve Blackman.

JBL used to fight bears in bars in texas. Also, won several bare knuckle fights in the early 90s. Legit tough guy.

Sorry, 99% of the WWE roster cannot fight. This is what happens to WWE fighters if they get into real fight. And this is what will probaly happen to CM punk (maybe not so quickly).

Last edited:
NO...just no. Steve Blackman got his ass beat by Marc Mero during the WWE Brawl for all 1998. It was a actual combat competition promoted to showcase the "skills" of their fighters. It failed miserably because it exposed all of them for being the uncoordinated frauds that they are.

Butterbean beat down the winner (Bart Gunn) in a few seconds.
Wasn't Marc Mero himself a golden glove champ before his professional wrestling days and a brawl for all was pretty much a boxing match (with some take downs) that favors him?

Last edited:
He fought shamrock in the lions den dude

The WWE did not allow Shamrock to compete in the Brawl for All and they removed Dan Severn from the tournament after he smashed the Godfather in the 1st round.

CM Punk is also training at Roufesport and is probably doing pro fights as well.

So what was your point again?

So Blackman was a wimp because he lost to a New York golden gloves boxing champion in a boxing match?

On BoxingRec it even says that Marc Mero reportedly beat Riddick Bowe.

Also, Dennis Bermudez (a legitimate top 10 FW in the UFC) trains under Steve Blackman.

CM Punk trains at Roufusport and that doesn't make him any better.

I doubt Blackman is the source of Bermudez success and he would be good no matter where he went.

Samoa Joe would take DC's belt from him.

samoa%2Bjoe.jpg

Wasn't Marc Mero himself a golden glove champ before his professional wrestling days and a brawl for all was pretty much a boxing match (with some take downs) that favors him?

My original point was that the Undertaker was asked to compete in the Brawl for All and he did not want to. There was a poster earlier in the thread claiming excellent striking skills by the Undertaker in which there is no proof and he declined when asked to compete.

I agree. Taker also has serious striking. I would have liked to have seen Taker in the ufc. His 6ft10 and 320 pounds so i'm not sure how he would cut to the weight limit.

If anyone other then Brock could win the ufc hw title I think it would be Taker. Dudes a legit tough guy and I doubt many could stand with him in his prime and Lmao, good luck taking that guy down.
Wait so what are his credentials?

-tough guy
-?

JBL used to fight bears in bars in texas. Also, won several bare knuckle fights in the early 90s. Legit tough guy.

Sorry, 99% of the WWE roster cannot fight. This is what happens to WWE fighters if they get into real fight. And this is what will probaly happen to CM punk (maybe not so quickly).

Exactly my point. WWE wrasslers (outside of Brock) are not fighters but are only terrible D level drama theatre actors.

My original point was that the Undertaker was asked to compete in the Brawl for All and he did not want to. There was a poster earlier in the thread claiming excellent striking skills by the Undertaker in which there is no proof and he declined when asked to compete.
Because he would get destroyed, and probably even by mighty mouse.

None. Kurt Angle was probably the only other professional wrestler that would have had a shot making it in mma but mma didn't pay much back when he was young enough (and healthy enough) to consider it. Outside Lesnar, these guys are more like amateur gymnasts that roid up. Most of the guys now aren't even that big anymore thanks to a half assed roid crackdown.

Brock really is the only guy who has come over and done well in the UFC. He became the champion and a lot of people attribute this to his athleticism and that he was a great amateur wrestler.

Who else would be able to come to the UFC and maybe win a few fights with some training?

I personally think guys with wrestling/athletic backgrounds would have fared well in the UFC.

Kurt Angle (in his prime, Gold medalist and also known for being a tough guy)
Jack Swagger (Div 1 wrestler, guys a freak athlete)
Dolph Zigler (dudes a div 1 wrestler/ freak athlete)
Triple H (also a freak athlete, charisma,known tough guy) (I mean in his prime obviously)
None

Out of the more recent group of wrestlers I'd say Jack Swagger, he shouldve went the mma route, his lisp held him down and obviously kept him from being confident on the mic. For a guy his size he's very athletic, I'd say Ziggler as well but he's often hurt which I'm not sure he would last.

The WWE did not allow Shamrock to compete in the Brawl for All and they removed Dan Severn from the tournament after he smashed the Godfather in the 1st round.

CM Punk is also training at Roufesport and is probably doing pro fights as well.

So what was your point again?

A lot of HWs would probably do okay. It would be tougher for smaller wrestlers.

I would say 70-80% of their roster would be over 50% win rate in the UFC if they trained full time. People may hate people like Goldberg, Stone Cold, or The Rock, but I think if these guys really dedicated themselves to MMA they would do a lot of damage in the UFC HW division.

Batista was the most inflexible and slowest WWE HW and even he won his MMA fight against Lucero who had like 40 fights or whatever.

I could see a guy like John Morrison beating Bisping for the MW belt if he was trained.

WWE jobbers probably get paid better than everyone but the UFC champs, so why would they though?

Back