WWE reports revenue of $161 M for 4Q 2015, a 15% increase from 2014. + Dana's comment from 2014

spending big money on ppv's is a thing of the pass Vince or at least his executives realized that from early and adapted, they know people free stream their shit and that isn't going to change anytime soon so they implemented a system that gives all the ppv's and past content via a LEGAL hd stream for a price of $9.99 that won't hurt anyone's pocket i mean hell look at how much people use netflix which has mostly old content and the lack of money you would make per person will make up in the numbers

i like Dana but he is kinda stuck in the pass and really needs to get a clue the system is already there for him in the form of fightpass it just needs revamping

Stop taking about not paying for ppv or wanting the price lowered and complaining about fighter pay.
So the reason fighters are being paid so low is that UFC lacks the money to do so now?
That at their current margins, they just can't afford to pay the fighters more? Do you really believe that?

The UFC has more than enough money to pay the fighters more today but they don't because the market allows them to keep cost low.

But i think you already knew that and you're just regurgitating Zuffa shills points.

I would love askimg my nephews hey did you see the fight? But I know they don't have the money to follow the sport.

Nah, they will answer yes! via illegal streaming.. As long as you got internet access (not to say don't buy any PPV or any cards), you're good to watch the sport.

spending big money on ppv's is a thing of the pass Vince or at least his executives realized that from early and adapted, they know people free stream their shit and that isn't going to change anytime soon so they implemented a system that gives all the ppv's and past content via a LEGAL hd stream for a price of $9.99 that won't hurt anyone's pocket i mean hell look at how much people use netflix which has mostly old content and the lack of money you would make per person will make up in the numbers

i like Dana but he is kinda stuck in the pass and really needs to get a clue the system is already there for him in the form of fightpass it just needs revamping

*past*

The ufc forces their fans to steal the content or piss away thousands.

I see you taking a page out of Dana's hype book.

It's not thousands.....it's $900 for all 13 ppv's in HD and fight pass for the whole year. Instead of stealing, you could actually just go to a bar and watch for free. It's pretty simple. I haven't missed a ppv in over 10 years and I rarely pay for them and never steal them.

white_dana640.jpg

So the reason fighters are being paid so low is that UFC lacks the money to do so now?
That at their current margins, they just can't afford to pay the fighters more? Do you really believe that?

The UFC has more than enough money to pay the fighters more today but they don't because the market allows them to keep cost low.

But i think you already knew that and you're just regurgitating Zuffa shills points.
No I knee that. I was more so talking to people that pirate ppvs but talk about pay the fighters more. I pay my $60 to watch ppv (in HD) so I can complain with a clear conscious.

I just want there to by 25k minimum. Two fights a year is 50k. If you can't live off 50k you're doing something wrong and have to reevaluate some things.

The ufc model is absurd. They expect fans to spend thousands of dollars a year to see all the fights. It's pretty absurd. It's not worth that much. At least Vince let's his fans have the opportunity to pay. The ufc forces their fans to steal the content or piss away thousands. If it was one solid card a month, maybe. But it's multiple ppv's with sometimes only one good fight. I'll pass paying $60 for that. And yes I know I sound poor.

It's really hard for younger people to get into. Without constantly stealing the product you can't keep up. It's not like football where you can every week turn a channel on and relax. The ufc forces you to pay so much. I would love askimg my nephews hey did you see the fight? But I know they don't have the money to follow the sport.

It doesn't help that they guard their content so forcefully either. I can watch highlights from every major sport, entire boxing matches, pro wrestling matches etc online immediately. With the ufc if I miss a fight, I'm looking for gifs on sherdog.

No I knee that. I was more so talking to people that pirate ppvs but talk about pay the fighters more. I pay my $60 to watch ppv (in HD) so I can complain with a clear conscious.

I just want there to by 25k minimum. Two fights a year is 50k. If you can't live off 50k you're doing something wrong and have to reevaluate some things.
People that pirate PPV's are allowed to complain about fighter pay too.
There is no reason at all the UFC can't pay their fighters more, they just don't want to and they don't have to. Buying all the PPVs in the world is not going to change that, so lecturing people that they are in part the cause for the low pay is disingenuous at best.

I see you taking a page out of Dana's hype book.

It's not thousands.....it's $900 for all 13 ppv's in HD and fight pass for the whole year. Instead of stealing, you could actually just go to a bar and watch for free. It's pretty simple. I haven't missed a ppv in over 10 years and I rarely pay for them and never steal them.
What other sport demands so much from it's fans? The barrier of being a die hard fan is SOOOO high for MMA, no other sport is even close. (even boxing is cheaper to watch)

WWE had to make the move away from PPV
11 of the 14 PPV's did Mighty Mouse levels and were doing less & less each year.

The biggest error they made regarding the network was including Wrestlemania.
They lose money every year on Mania now.

As of now if you take in all the $$$ from the network & compare it to PPV, they are still not making the money up yet.

Wwe is up from last year but wasn't last year really rough for them? How are they doing compared to pre-network?

More importantly, wwe was not making as much from ppv pre-network as UFC is now. Simply it is not really an apples to apples thing.

Personally a network would be nice but not sure people are reading the situation fairly.

Wwe is up from last year but wasn't last year really rough for them? How are they doing compared to pre-network?

More importantly, wwe was not making as much from ppv pre-network as UFC is now. Simply it is not real an apples to apples thing.

Personally a network would be nice but not sure people are reading the situation fairly.

I think I answered you (right before you posted) :)

What has helped WWE was their new USA contract.

WWE had to make the move away from PPV
11 of the 14 PPV's did Mighty Mouse levels and were doing less & less each year.

The biggest error they made regarding the network was including Wrestlemania.
They lose money every year on Mania now.

As of now if you take in all the $$$ from the network & compare it to PPV, they are still not making the money up yet.

That true?

That true?

Why would I post it if it wasn't - oh yeah bc its Sherdog lol

But it is true

They used to get $30 million from PPV for Mania
Now that month they get $12 million & that is for the whole network.
Take out fee's & network running cost for the rest of the month & it maybe is $6 million

What other sport demands so much from it's fans? The barrier of being a die hard fan is SOOOO high for MMA, no other sport is even close. (even boxing is cheaper to watch)

I never said any other sport did. I was just pointing out its not "thousands"

It's very easy to watch all the UFC's for free, at least in my town. I have 3 places within 5 minutes of my house where I can watch every ppv for free.

NFL sunday ticket max is $329.94.

Any sports specific package from a cable provider is hundreds of dollars.

I think I answered you (right before you posted) :)

What has helped WWE was their new USA contract.
You did. I hope the wwe network does great but it is funny how people think the UFC isn't paying attention themselves. If a network equals more money than ppv it will move that way, IMO.

Why would I post it if it wasn't - oh yeah bc its Sherdog lol

But it is true

It's just that I hadn't heard that, though I haven't been keeping up with all the backstage shenanigans lately in WWE.:)

Back