WWE reports revenue of $161 M for 4Q 2015, a 15% increase from 2014. + Dana's comment from 2014

The ufc model is absurd. They expect fans to spend thousands of dollars a year to see all the fights. It's pretty absurd. It's not worth that much. At least Vince let's his fans have the opportunity to pay. The ufc forces their fans to steal the content or piss away thousands. If it was one solid card a month, maybe. But it's multiple ppv's with sometimes only one good fight. I'll pass paying $60 for that. And yes I know I sound poor.

It's really hard for younger people to get into. Without constantly stealing the product you can't keep up. It's not like football where you can every week turn a channel on and relax. The ufc forces you to pay so much. I would love askimg my nephews hey did you see the fight? But I know they don't have the money to follow the sport.
absurd but yet theyre breaking records, haha

Dana White has always been a bad businessman. The UFC succeeded in the past in spite of Dana White, not because of him. An argument can be made that the UFC and the general sport of MMA would be further along if Dana White had less influence.

Simply put, Dana has hijacked and held back MMA.

Stop taking about not paying for ppv or wanting the price lowered and complaining about fighter pay.

ive been considering getting WWE network, what sucks about it?

I am not crazy about the video player used for it and some small things are annoyingly edited out.

Stop taking about not paying for ppv or wanting the price lowered and complaining about fighter pay.

No one is going to pay for every pay per view that is coming out.

I am not crazy about the video player used for it and some small things are annoyingly edited out.

yeah...even the UFC does that.no avoiding it but yes it does piss me off. If for instance i will look up a pride fight on fight pass,it shows the Pride tv show version of it,which edits out alot of instant replays/post fights, and so on..I think you can see the full footage if you watch the entire event,but come on...

No one is going to pay for every pay per view that is coming out.
Than don't expect fighter pay to get any better. Full time fighters with part time gigs.

I'm from Brazil, we pay the equivalent of $15 or less monthly for the Combate channel and we have all events, fight nights and ppv

we need the brazil model

1. Decreasing ppv price != decreasing revenue
2. Decreasing revenue != cutting fighter pay. The UFC could just lower profit margins.

Like HHJ posted earlier in the thread, if FightPass included the PPV's too, I'd be all about it. Dana isn't seeing the writing on the wall...

The UFC could just lower profit margins.
You got a better chance of America voting a Syrian refugee Muslim in as President before the UFC (or any other business) cuts profits.

Last edited:
Why pay 60 bucks for a PPV...just go to Buffalo wild Wings.....$5 ! plus whatever you Drink of coarse

Why pay 60 bucks for a PPV...just go to Buffalo wild Wings.....$5 ! plus whatever you Drink of coarse

it winds up coming out close to the same imo. But at least you get to eat and drink and talk mad shit to people you dont know.

I would easily pay $25 a month with a year contract for UFC/Zuffa content including PPV's. I would. This is coming from a guy that doesn't have Fight Pass and rarely pays for a PPV.

anderson vs chael sonnen I at BWW was the most fun i ever had watching a fight. It was pandemonium.

Like HHJ posted earlier in the thread, if FightPass included the PPV's too, I'd be all about it. Dana isn't seeing the writing on the wall...

you cant give it to us for $10 that i understand...but $20 - 30...heyyyyy baby now we're talking

The network model is way superior to ppv. I literally know like 10 people who would pay something similar for UFC, and have never bought a ppv in their lives

Back