WW is becoming hell on earth in terms of depth

Not news. A weight-class close to average male frame. Lots of wrestlers. It was a tough division throughout GSP’s reign as well.

Lmfao

Any WW who rules over this top ten would be unequivocally the best WW of all time, with no close second

But that won't happen, because this division is by far more stacked than ever before

Marty would be in the bottom top 10 at best in GSP's era chuckles.

Go hang off Stipe's nuts some more and leave this conversation to the adults.

Just to name a few fighters:

Kamaru Usman
Tyron Woodley
Darren Till
Anthony Pettis
Stephen Thompson
Demian Maia
Jorge Masvidal
Rafael Dos Anjos
Colby Covington
Ben Askren
Robbie Lawler
Santiago Ponz
Kevin Lee

How is that even fair?
Four of them are former/current Lightweights, which says more about the depth of that division.

Marty would be in the bottom top 10 at best in GSP's era chuckles.
lmfao deluded

Stop with the April fools jokes

Serra? koscheck? Hughes? Hardy?

Usman would walk through them all. So would woodley. Till would of knock them all out. Stop being silly.

Plus plenty of unranked WWs who could beat many of the guys you listed. Let alone if you add the top WWs out of UFC.

155-165-175lbs weightclasses are necessary

Bad idea to add weight classes based on the current picture. Remember when LHW was stacked to the gills with the title changing hands every other fight? Yeah...

Just to name a few fighters:

Kamaru Usman
Tyron Woodley
Darren Till
Anthony Pettis
Stephen Thompson
Demian Maia
Jorge Masvidal
Rafael Dos Anjos
Colby Covington
Ben Askren
Robbie Lawler
Santiago Ponz
Kevin Lee

How is that even fair?
When half the contenders from the division are guys from the lower weight class (bolded above) coming up to clean shop in a higher but weaker division, you kind of lose footing to label the heavier division as being a stand-out

Granted LW is by far the strongest division in the whole sport, but still

lmfao deluded

Stop with the April fools jokes

Serra? koscheck? Hughes? Hardy?

Usman would walk through them all. So would woodley. Till would of knock them all out. Stop being silly.

You both are silly. Till would knock em all out? Oh really?

I don't think the WWs now are really that much more evolved. Pretty even eras imo. Just shows further that WW has always been a deeply competitive division with heavy dominance from the wrestling base.

Somebody needs to put the heads of Askren, Colby, Usman and Woodley on the Street Sharks.
SMCB-083.jpg
I had that deep blue street shark as a toy as a kid haha. Its fangs were glowing in the dark, whoa, scary.

Serra, Hughes, koscheck and Hardy?

Yes. I'd put money on till in all of those matches and likely all ITD
I'm a noob.

Wasn't Serra a renzo blackbelt?

Always hear him get spoke about in the tone of a jobber. Could he not sub Till?

I'm a noob.

Wasn't Serra a renzo blackbelt?

Always hear him get spoke about in the tone of a jobber. Could he not sub Till?
He has the potential, but taking down Till is a gigantic task for anybody. Even woodley failed to take him down. Serra would be dwarfed so ridiculously it would look unfair. He wouldn't get Till down and he'd be KO'd early.

GSP got out in perfect time. Most of these guys differ a lot by their sheer physicality, not to mention fleshed out evolved techniques, from the old WWs.

But 4 of those names came up from lightweight. Kind of funny you have 3 lightweights currently in the top 10. Really shows you how stacked lightweight is.

Back