WW is becoming hell on earth in terms of depth

Good list of names but a few on there are getting past their prime and a couple will end up being gatekeepers. That being said still one of the better divisions in the UFC

WW is better than ever, way more stacked than the division that gsp ruled

Horseshit. Look at how many one dimensional fighters in the division now.

Most of them are one dimensional fighters to be honest

100%. The division is filled with one dimensional fighters now, some of them are great at their one dimension, but these certainly aren't well rounded guys most of them.

WW is better than ever, way more stacked than the division that gsp ruled
Really? So Woodley, Fitch, Maia, Koscheck, Ellenberger, Kampman, Nick Diaz, Hendricks, Condit, Dayley, Matt Hughes, Alves, Thiago, Hardy
is not as stacked as the current WW division? Just because GSP was so dominant doesn't mean the division was weak. What would be more accurate would be to say there is more parity in the WW division today.

Holy I knew it was getting stacked but I didn't know it was that stacked!

The top 5 of WW is a shark tank full of wrestlers.

Makes sense.
WW is hell, everyone grinding out their way to the top for that Reebok money.
LHW is like purgatory, same old shit, Jones is the only one making money, and it only gets interesting when Jones is on his USADA approved vacations.
HW is paradise, doesn't matter who the champ is because they're all up for a title shot soon, no one cuts weight, people fight into their 40s, and anyone can win because KO power is everywhere at that weightclass.

The top 5 of WW is a shark tank full of wrestlers.
Tank full of muscle sharks?
ufc121_weigh_ins_28.0.jpg

WW has always been a stacked division, save for a brief period where GSP had cleaned it out (around the time of Dan Hardy's rise).

Before that and after that, its always been a solid division.

Nah
But there is certainly place for another division between 155 and 205. 50lbs are lot of lbs to just spread it in two weightclass

They should've had 205 become 200 when Jones was stripped of the title. Add in a 215lb Cruiser Weight division, and upped the HW limit to 275lbs.

This gets rid of the massive 20lb jump up from MW to LHW, and allows bigger HWs to not have to cut so much.

Ideally there would be divisions at 155, 165, 175, 185, 195, 205, 215, and finally 275. However that means they would have had to force the 170lb champion to either move up or down 5lbs at one point, which is kinda fucked up unless the guy was on board with it. It also means they would need an influx of guys able to fight at 195 and 215. Given that it's a multi-billion dollar company I would think this is doable, however here we are with depleted divisions at 205 and 265. The same issue hurts my first idea of simply adding in 215 and dropping LHW down to 200lbs.

They should've had 205 become 200 when Jones was stripped of the title. Add in a 215lb Cruiser Weight division, and upped the HW limit to 275lbs.

This gets rid of the massive 20lb jump up from MW to LHW, and allows bigger HWs to not have to cut so much.

Ideally there would be divisions at 155, 165, 175, 185, 195, 205, 215, and finally 275. However that means they would have had to force the 170lb champion to either move up or down 5lbs at one point, which is kinda fucked up unless the guy was on board with it. It also means they would need an influx of guys able to fight at 195 and 215. Given that it's a multi-billion dollar company I would think this is doable, however here we are with depleted divisions at 205 and 265. The same issue hurts my first idea of simply adding in 215 and dropping LHW down to 200lbs.
Personally I woulkd just make 155-165-175-190-210-HW

WW and LW have always been the deepest and most competitive divisions. This is because athletes of normal size are engaged in typical sports (football, baseball, etc.).

I just hate the 20lb gap.

That coupled with extreme weight cutting is an issue for me.
Well if you have 10-15lbs gap between lighter weightclasses i think its reasonable to have a 20lbs gap at LHW.

I mean you could keep the LHW limit at 205 but being such a shallow division, I think you would open it a bit for big guys coming down and making it interesting.

I think its reasonable to have a 20lbs gap at LHW.

I think it's a huge obstacle. It's the single biggest jump in mma and makes for sometimes lopsided matchups. We sometimes end up with a guy on the smaller side of 205, fighting a guy on the bigger side. When this happens at 155 it may be 5-10lbs in difference, but at LHW it may be 10-15lbs of difference, which is essentially an entire class.

As for being shallow... Yea, that's a big issue. Right now if if they added an extra class anywhere near the 200lb mark, we end up with even more depletion. It's frustating as a fan because here we are with a four billion dollar company and they can't find 15 great fighters for 205 and 265, let alone for a third fantasy division. So you're right, in the short term it could be extremely weak.

In my fantasy land they would've dropped LHW to 200 and added 215, and then started recruiting guys for both divisions like crazy, but here we are in the land of Super Fights and irrelevant rankings.

Back