Wrestling is fighting.

King Mo won the first and third, I just watched the fight, so freaking what his eye closed, King Mo seems to have eyes that are prone to swell up quickly, he should have won.

AWWWW POOR GUY! Maybe next time King Mo wont go to the back door to receive his paycheck. MF cheated me out $45 IMHO.

Ground and pound is fighting. Wrestling is the transition from one form of fighting to another.

King Mo vs Rampage was mostly a wrestling match. And King Mo outwrestled Rampage.

So he obviously won, because wrestling is fighting. It is one of the most effective ways of fighting in history.

Wrestling is not "fighting", but "neutralizing". A fight requires at least one party to do or attempt something hurtful and malicious. That could include painful holds or hard slams into the ground or walls. But if both wrestle just for the pin, then it is a wrestling match.

I hope the rematch is a five round fight. I thought Mo won, but with a stradegy that drives fans away from the sport. Page got a hometown decison against a guy not wanting to make a fight and entertain the fans.

I always find it odd how quick refs will break up a fight on the ground for a restart but will let stalled positions against the fence go on forever.

So because Rampage get controlled 80% of the fight, but give a few punches he won the fight?

80%???? What fight were you watching? Rampage owned Mo the entire 2nd round. And you need to review your definition of "control". Mo spent the fast majority of his grappling working for takedowns. His time in top position was not that long, and it was fruitless. Sitting on your knees holding a guy's legs should not be considered control, it's just stalling.

A fight is about damaging your opponent or making him tap/quit. Wrestling/controlling your opponent leads to being able to damage/tap your opponent easier. If you only control a person the whole round without any damage or sub attemps, then i'd give the round to the guy who is actively trying to finish the fight.

Laying on someone isn't fighting. Damage should always win fights, no matter who has the control. Positioning helps you be more effective for ending the fight. If the other guys does more damage even though you had better position, then you failed at using your position to an advantage and deserve to lose.

Very well put!

You kinda have to notice for every td rampage got up also

Is the wrestling being implemented for victory, or is it intended to stall?

If the intentions are to stall, it should be viewed negatively.

This.

I have no idea why so many people want to watch Fitch-style MMA matches where one guy just pins another to the ground for 5 rounds and avoids any kind of action.

wrestling is a part of fighting, i wouldn't really call it fighting, unless by fighting you mean keeping your opponent pinned for 15-25 minutes. it would be nice if wrestlers would gnp or go for a sub, not just blanket for 3-5 rnds, shit stand back up and go for another td for all i care, just no lnp

Good footwork is fighting just as much as wrestling is fighting.

But (unless it does damage, i.e. slam) it shouldn't be scored alone. Its a MEANS TO AN END ONLY.
^This.
If you're not actively trying to damage the opponent you aren't fighting. Which means you are stalling, which means you shouldn't be in the cage/ring at all.

Why should it end fight, you can also win on points.

King Mo controlled Rampage and the fight.
If Mo controlled Rampage on the ground by laying in his guard without passing then Rampage controlled Mo in the striking by backing him up and it's a draw.
Why isn't anyone complaining that Rampage was mostly hitting nothing but air but are all to happy to bring up Mo failing on some takedowns before getting them.
Because what Mo did (or rather, didn't do) on the ground is analogous to Rampage hitting nothing but air on the feet.

Last edited:
Wrestling is fighting, and both takedowns and control should be worth something in themselves. However, both are also currently very often scored to highly, probably because of the time involved, and the extreme obviousness of the situation.

I kind of agree with the decision, but I dislike it none the less. It's established a strong precedence for how fights are judged currently, and while I want a change to this, this change should be founded on a change of policy in the judging criteria, and not just individual judges imposing their own personal preferences to an even higher degree.

Adding even more arbitrariness to a fight isn't fair on the competitiors. The system should strive to give them clear parameters to work within.

Wrestling is fighting, and both takedowns and control should be worth something in themselves.
Why? It's like giving points to a Thaiboxer who pulls clinch and then just stands there. Fucking absurd. It's the damage you do when in a controlling position that should matter.
Mo didn't do much damage, so he lost. Afterwards he was all banged up and whining that his ability to hold on to someone without causing any damage wasn't rewarded properly. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
There is some ridiculous elitist mindset floating around where people are actually SUPPORTING lay and pray now a days. Ironically, these are mostly the same people who will instantaneously bitch when their favorite fighter gets lay and prayed to a loss for 15 minutes.

I feel for the sport of MMA now that all these wrestlers with no hands come in to grapplefuck for point wins, and all the wrestling fans/former highschool JV wrestlers who watch the fights get behind it because they know that's the only way they'd be able to "win" fights, too.

Last edited:
wrestling is a means to an end. a takedown can lead to gnp or a submission.

I'm not sure what TS is upset about.

The first round was "mostly wrestling" and all three judges gave the better wrestler the round.

BUT

Round 2 and 3 were mostly standing, which is why all three judges gave better striker the round.

What's the controversy?

80% of the fight outwrestling the opponent >>>>> punching the opponent a few times.

Quit being Naive, you know why people don't approve of lay and praying over striking. It's apple and oranges, and if you enjoy grappling matches and point fighters well that explains alot.

I'm not sure what TS is upset about.

The first round was "mostly wrestling" and all three judges gave the better wrestler the round.

BUT

Round 2 and 3 were mostly standing, which is why all three judges gave better striker the round.

What's the controversy?

I'm wondering the same thing. It's not like after the first he was taking him down and passing, or sitting in guard and hitting his ribs. He wasn't even attacking against the cage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back