Wrestling is fighting.

Wrestling is just one aspect of mma. mo did wrestlefuck rampage but rampage was clearly the better striker. Close fight. Plz no rematch

Is the wrestling being implemented for victory, or is it intended to stall?

If the intentions are to stall, it should be viewed negatively.

Wrestling can be fighting.

What Mo did last night however was not fighting it was highly technical stalling.

Well said. I love wrestling, but Mo was just avoiding any other kind of engagement. Plus, he was sloppy.

He might have slightly outwrestled Rampage, but he got dominated in the standup. It was an easy call for me. I can't believe people think Mo won.

Wrestling should be used to establish position and land shots that do real damage. Lawal did the wrestling part with none of the damage. How can he possibly have won the fight without hitting him or making him submit? Rampage fucked his eye up with some bombs. Nobody would rather have been Mo than rampage last night.

Anyone who got the living crap beat out of them from guard cannot complain if they lose a lay-n-pray decision.

Yes, I'm still bitter about Gegard vs Mo.

Why should it end fight, you can also win on points.

King Mo controlled Rampage and the fight.

Well don't you think it should involve some sort of bodily harm to constitute "fighting"?

Otherwise isn't it really just "restraining"?

Why should it end fight, you can also win on points.

King Mo controlled Rampage and the fight.

the problem isn't wrestling, the problem is the rules. controlling a fight wins you the fight, but that doesn't mean that people consider it a fight. people have to consider it a part of the fight, because that is how the rules are. the rules are the problem.

king mo fought to win on points. people are upset with him, but they should really be upset with the unified rules, which reward that type of style. but then rampage was ridiculous with his commentary after the fight. he knows how the game is played. he too should be criticizing the rules, and not king mo.

no one won that fight. they both lost, along with the fans.

Anyone who got the living crap beat out of them from guard cannot complain if they lose a lay-n-pray decision.

Yes, I'm still bitter about Gegard vs Mo.

There's a huge misconception that Mousasi beat Mo up from the guard, he did good from the guard in round two but aside from that he did nothing and also lost most of the standup portion of the fight to Mo.

A fight is about damaging your opponent or making him tap/quit. Wrestling/controlling your opponent leads to being able to damage/tap your opponent easier. If you only control a person the whole round without any damage or sub attemps, then i'd give the round to the guy who is actively trying to finish the fight.

Laying on someone isn't fighting. Damage should always win fights, no matter who has the control. Positioning helps you be more effective for ending the fight. If the other guys does more damage even though you had better position, then you failed at using your position to an advantage and deserve to lose.

King Mo vs Rampage was mostly a wrestling match. And King Mo outwrestled Rampage.

So he obviously won, because wrestling is fighting. It is one of the most effective ways of fighting in history.

No, it's not. 1 punch to the face is worth more than 3 rounds of hugging a man. Does more damage also.

King Mo won the first and third, I just watched the fight, so freaking what his eye closed, King Mo seems to have eyes that are prone to swell up quickly, he should have won.

If you stopped more punches by blocking than you get punches. It means that you still get punches. And punches count and blocking punches don't count.

The same with takedowns. Takedowns count, but defending takedowns doesn't count.

Most of the time in the fight King Mo was in a dominant position.

So Rampage who was 80% of the fight a victim won the fight, because he throwed some punches.

This guy knows what he is talking about, the fight was boring as hell but Mo won the first and third rounds. Why isn't anyone complaining that Rampage was mostly hitting nothing but air but are all to happy to bring up Mo failing on some takedowns before getting them.

No, you don't just arbitrarily change the scoring criteria just because some fighters have a boring style, King Mo should have won the 1st and 3rd rounds based on the unified judging criteria. I don't even like King Mo, I just dislike bad judging and inconsistent judging.

king mo did more "fighting" on the mic after the fight ended than he did during the entire fight.

Just stop...he used his wrestling to STALL,cause zero damage and never sought a submission or GnP. Im so glad the judges FINALLY got it right.

Back