Wrestling is fighting.

80% of the fight outwrestling the opponent >>>>> punching the opponent a few times.

Going to a nightclub to party directly after a fight >>>>>>>>>>>>>> going to the hospital to get your eyes checked cuz you got messed up in the fight.

Also Rampage stuffed more takedowns than Mo got ... then punched Mo in the face, kneed his body and made Mo run for his life.

Rampage accomplished his mission. Mo didn't.

Have you ever heard an old announcer, in any sport really, say "You can't beat him, you can only hope to contain him!!!"

That seems to be the mantra of a few of these wrestlers these days.

If Mo controlled Rampage on the ground by laying in his guard without passing then Rampage controlled Mo in the striking by backing him up and it's a draw.Because what Mo did (or rather, didn't do) on the ground is analogous to Rampage hitting nothing but air on the feet.

This is just that negative mentality that's very popular on Sherdog, not just you but everyone in general, Rampage isn't easy to takedown, he isn't easy to control and he is very hard to GnP. Mo controlled Rampage in rounds 1 and 3 and kept the striking close enough for him to win those rounds with what he did on the ground which wasn't much but we should be giving Rampage credit for how hard he made it to do much damge to him not get mad at King Mo because of what Rampage did.

I don't think King Mo got rocked either, he just seems to slip a lot as he is wild in the stand up, he's definitly a drama queen but he might be right about the Bellator canvas, I don't remember him slipping as much in Strikeforce or when he fought in Japan. The eye swelling up seemed to happen from one single punch, all fighters take superficial damage differently, Rampage rarely ever shows any damage, while King Mo seems to look like he got stung by a bee near the eye in almost every fight regardless of how little or much he gets hit.

Wrestling is fighting, and both takedowns and control should be worth something in themselves. However, both are also currently very often scored to highly, probably because of the time involved, and the extreme obviousness of the situation.

I kind of agree with the decision, but I dislike it none the less. It's established a strong precedence for how fights are judged currently, and while I want a change to this, this change should be founded on a change of policy in the judging criteria, and not just individual judges imposing their own personal preferences to an even higher degree.

Adding even more arbitrariness to a fight isn't fair on the competitiors. The system should strive to give them clear parameters to work within.

Awesome post and this is why that decision bothered me.

fighting is not all about wrestling!

so what if you got the takedown...he did nothing with them and didnt even strike. rampage got up and beat the piss outta mo who ran around avoiding the fight

this is not a fight where you can advocate wrestling.

Going to a nightclub to party directly after a fight >>>>>>>>>>>>>> going to the hospital to get your eyes checked cuz you got messed up in the fight.

Also Rampage stuffed more takedowns than Mo got ... then punched Mo in the face, kneed his body and made Mo run for his life.

Rampage accomplished his mission. Mo didn't.

this! cant believe people only see one side of the fight

the side where mo stalled and cuddled

Mo won the round (round 1) where he controlled with wrestling. In the rounds where it was more even between standing and wrestling, it went to guy who caused more damage. Makes sense.

Mo needs to drop it anyway. Even if he had been given the nod, his performance isn't exactly a fight he should brag about.

King Mo vs Rampage was mostly a wrestling match. And King Mo outwrestled Rampage.

So he obviously won, because wrestling is fighting. It is one of the most effective ways of fighting in history.

Stop crying Mo made almost zero damage.

Back