Wrestling > boxing > sambo > kickboxing > MMA > BJJ

shrdgr

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ranked by athleticism of top practitioners. Time after time, UFC fighters have shown that they are less athletic than even mediocre boxers. Forget about comparing UFC fighters to wrestlers.

Artem > All
WHERE THE FUCK IS ARTEM
END THIS CLOWN SHOW
Artem and Couture against Malignaggi and Toney respectively are two of very few if any examples of MMA fighters being able to defeat boxers. There are so many more examples to the contrary.

Stupid. I have a tape of Rickson plowing through 26 college wrestlers in a matter of minutes. Tapped every one. His only loss in Sambo was due to a dumb TD rule. Rickson taps Tripp in MMA every time.

I can see why you chose to post this ranking after a fight where a wrestler got beaten by an alleged boxer.
Askren hasn't been able to wrestle properly for years and hasn't competed meaningfully in it for a long time. He is now firmly a MMA fighter.

Stupid. I have a tape of Rickson plowing through 26 college wrestlers in a matter of minutes. Tapped every one. His only loss in Sambo was due to a dumb TD rule. Rickson taps Tripp in MMA every time.
No shit, an excellent BJJ artist would easily tap out wrestlers with no submission defense training. However, we have seen in MMA how wrestlers with submission defense are generally better than BJJ artists.

Artem and Couture against Malignaggi and Toney respectively are two of very few if any examples of MMA fighters being able to defeat boxers. There are so many more examples to the contrary.
If there are so many more examples, name 10 boxers who have beat MMA fighters.

Plowing through??

Or subbing a bunch of novices after they took him down?

"Plowing through" is what Khabib did to Gaethje.

Post or it doesn't exist.

If there are so many more examples, name 10 boxers who have beat MMA fighters.
Floyd Mayweather beat McGregor. Steve Cunningham beat Frank Mir. Jake Paul (lol) beat Ben Askren. Paul Gallen (lol) beat Mark Hunt. Ray Mercer beat Tim Sylvia in MMA. Stipe Miocic and Petr Yan were boxers before they were MMA fighters. Fabio Maldonado went 26-0 against the worst cans in boxing, and then when he finally took a step up he lost to Rivas, Teslenko, Hunter, and Takam. Anderson Silva and Israel Adesanya lost their debuts in boxing. Donald Cerrone and Mike Perry are 0-1.

If wrestling is above everything, why do they lose their athleticism to earn peanuts instead of winning millions elsewhere ?

Boxing and then MMA are obviously in the top of this list, because people earn much more money in these sports.

If wrestling is above everything, why do they lose their athleticism to earn peanuts instead of winning millions elsewhere ?

Boxing and then MMA are obviously in the top of this list, because people earn much more money in these sports.
???? I didn't say that wrestlers are necessarily the most athletic of all athletes of all sports, just that they're the most athletic among combat sport athletes. And there are amateur wrestlers who do well playing American football. But for wrestlers who choose or have no option but to make money from fighting in a combat sport, then yeah of course their best option is MMA.

Back