Wrestling > boxing > sambo > kickboxing > MMA > BJJ

No shit, an excellent BJJ artist would easily tap out wrestlers with no submission defense training. However, we have seen in MMA how wrestlers with submission defense are generally better than BJJ artists.
When there's 5 minute rounds, sometimes. One's an art, the other a sport.

Artem > All
WHERE THE FUCK IS ARTEM
END THIS CLOWN SHOW
If Paulie was smart he would rematch Artem in Triller with boxing rules and more rounds. Paulie would be the favorite there and Artem would agree to it since he lost in BareKnuckle and doesn't really have anything lined up. It would be a good pay day for both of them.

???? I didn't say that wrestlers are necessarily the most athletic of all athletes of all sports, just that they're the most athletic among combat sport athletes. And there are amateur wrestlers who do well playing American football. But for wrestlers who choose or have no option but to make money from fighting in a combat sport, then yeah of course their best option is MMA.

I still don't agree because there's not enough money in this sport... when you're athletically gifted, you will generally use this advantage to make more money.

So in fighting sports, you either choose boxing or MMA (boxing > MMA by the way).

Wrestling would be one of the last choice on your list actually... you earn more money in kickboxing for instance.

If there are so many more examples, name 10 boxers who have beat MMA fighters.
All mma fighters that challenged boxers in boxing have lost. Boxers continue to use mma fighters as easy pay days and mma fighters are willing to do it for the bigger pay days. It's pretty obvious now. Boxers are not worried about the boxing skill level of mma fighters at all.

I still don't agree because there's not enough money in this sport... when you're athletically gifted, you will generally use this advantage to make more money.

So in fighting sports, you either choose boxing or MMA (boxing > MMA by the way).

Wrestling would be one of the last choice on your list actually... you earn more money in kickboxing for instance.
Wrestling is still full of athletic people because it's supported at an institutional level across the world and has a rich history of development. However, it doesn't have a professional system of genuine competition, so of course you don't make a living off of competing in it.

Floyd Mayweather beat McGregor. Steve Cunningham beat Frank Mir. Jake Paul (lol) beat Ben Askren. Paul Gallen (lol) beat Mark Hunt. Ray Mercer beat Tim Sylvia in MMA. Stipe Miocic and Petr Yan were boxers before they were MMA fighters. Fabio Maldonado went 26-0 against the worst cans in boxing, and then when he finally took a step up he lost to Rivas, Teslenko, Hunter, and Takam. Anderson Silva and Israel Adesanya lost their debuts in boxing. Donald Cerrone and Mike Perry are 0-1.
<mma4>

YouTube is the highest level currently. I need to trane YouTube ASAP

Wrestling is still full of athletic people

I don't deny that, but it's different than saying they're the most athletic ones.

By definition, all athletes are athletic, no matter their sport. Even a pro ping pong player is certainly more athletic than your average dude in the street.

Anyway i think Gordon Ryan is the biggest wrestling star right now and he wanted to go in MMA : https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-who-gordon-ryan-mma-promotion-recently-sign-with

I don't deny that, but it's different than saying they're the most athletic ones.

By definition, all athletes are athletic, no matter their sport. Even a pro ping pong player is certainly more athletic than your average dude in the street.

Anyway i think Gordon Ryan is the biggest wrestling star right now and he wanted to go in MMA : https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-who-gordon-ryan-mma-promotion-recently-sign-with
I think you're missing what I'm saying here. I'm saying that wrestlers are the most athletic combat sport athletes. You really think there's no discernible difference? If we're gonna take this to the extreme, compare your best wrestlers versus your best aikidokas (lol). Not sure why you think money = how athletic someone is.

Not sure why you think money = how athletic someone is.

Let's say you're a highly brilliant student : would you go to Harvard or a completely unknown university ?

The same reasoning happens in sport...

Last edited:
Let's say your a highly brilliant student : would you go to Harvard or a completely unknown university ?

The same reasoning happens in sport...
Look, you don't make big money in competitive wrestling as a professional because that simply is not a thing. It doesn't exist. There are high quality college athletes of many sports that aren't compensated. That doesn't make them bad athletes.

That doesn't make them bad athletes.

I never said that.

Anyway, why Gordon Ryan wants to go in MMA ?

It's not a random wrestler, it's probably one of the best right now.

It speaks volume...

So wrestlers are more athletic than mixed martial artists who train in wrestling?
<Huh2>

I never said that.

Anyway, why Gordon Ryan wants to go in MMA ?

It's not a random wrestler, it's probably one of the best right now.

It speaks volume...
Gordon Ryan isn't an amateur wrestler, he's a BJJ artist. And simply because of how things work, MMA is one of the few combat sports with a notable professional competition component. You think he would go into boxing? lol

Artem and Couture against Malignaggi and Toney respectively are two of very few if any examples of MMA fighters being able to defeat boxers. There are so many more examples to the contrary.
There are so many? How many boxers have gone into MMA and beaten an MMA fighter? I mean boxers who only box. Not a kickboxer who also boxed or was a high level wrestler. Don't give me the Ray Mercer vs Big Timmy as your gold standard. Name one boxer who beat an MMA fighter in an MMA fight?

There are so many? How many boxers have gone into MMA and beaten an MMA fighter? I mean boxers who only box. Not a kickboxer who also boxed or was a high level wrestler. Don't give me the Ray Mercer vs Big Timmy as your gold standard. Name one boxer who beat an MMA fighter in an MMA fight?
Why doesn't Ray Mercer vs Tim Sylvia work as an example? Let's not pretend Ray Mercer was a spring chicken in that fight. Also, Petr Yan earned a Master of Sports in boxing before embarking on his MMA career. And Francis Ngannou's background going into MMA was basically backyard boxing. And when you include guys that dabbled in boxing and kickboxing before MMA, then the list keeps expanding. Dillian Whyte trained boxing and kickboxing before going 1-0 in MMA. Cro Cop started as an amateur boxer. Kharitonov also trained boxing first and had an amateur career. So as you see, boxers have done fairly well in MMA while MMA fighters don't get too far in boxing.

Ranked by athleticism of top practitioners. Time after time, UFC fighters have shown that they are less athletic than even mediocre boxers. Forget about comparing UFC fighters to wrestlers.

Even if this is true (and it's hardly an airtight argument considering the degree to which skill factors into fight sports), who cares...? You don't win fights based on how many backflips you can do. In boxing the guy with more boxing training will probably win, in MMA the guy with more all around MMA training will probably win.

<Fedor23>

Even if this is true (and it's hardly an airtight argument considering the degree to which skill factors into fight sports), who cares...? You don't win fights based on how many backflips you can do. In boxing the guy with more boxing training will probably win, in MMA the guy with more all around MMA training will probably win.

<Fedor23>
The point is that boxers would be more able to do well in MMA than MMA fighters would be in boxing. To take this to an extreme, it's like how a half-decent judoka would destroy any aikidoka. Then again, top boxers will never cross over into MMA because there is no money to be made, but even the relatively small sample we have is enough proof that boxers are better athletes than MMA fighters. Their technical mindset and physical ability simply transfers better.

Back