WrEsTLing 7 yrs BoXinG 2 mONths.... HOWS MY TRAINING GOIN ???

wrestlintitan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
just started this thread on my training lemme know wat you think... lemme know if u have suggestions

Im wreslting in college and am cutting from 155 to 141
I started Boxing 2 months ago and am improving rapidly. training boxing almost everyday sparring 1-2x a week

oct 8 2005

10:00 am: sparred 3 x 2 min rounds

6:00 pm: tredmill work (Going to add a minute everyday starting from the bottom up)
speed
5-6 min
6-5 min
7-4 min
8-3 min
9-2 min
10-2min

Bench 3x10
leg ext 3x10
bicept curl 2x15
alt dump squat press 2x 12 per side

october 9 2005

1:00 8x 3min rounds bag workout

rounds 1-3 skipping rope
4- jabs
5- st. rights
6- left hooks
7- right hooks
8- inside combos
9- combos skill emphasis
10- combos power emphasis

8:00 Run/ Lift
speed
5-6 min
6-5 min
7-4 min
8-3 min
9-3 min
10-2min

LAT pulls 3x 10
UPright rows 3x10
Seated Rows 3x15

10:30 pm 120 pushups in sets of 40

Not bad, I would focus on jabs and power straight hands, the rest odf the time can be spent on various combos

Thanks spoonman now that you mention it im gunna work more st punches

october 10 2005

4:00 pm Wrestling practice 1 hour drilling 30 mins live

7:30pm 3 round rope skippin warm up
5 x 3min rounds heavy bad
3 sets of 30 med ball sit ups (killlllller)

10/11

10:30 Tredmill workout

speed
5- 6min
6- 5min
7- 4min
8- 4min
9- 3min
10- 3min

8:00 BOXING

3 round rope warmup
2rounds heavy bag
1 round double end ball
3 rounds focus mitts

3 x 3 min rounds conditioning --- 30 sec lat jumps, 30 sec med ball push, 30 sec pushups,
10 squat jumps, 30 sec med ball pushups

Never type the way you did in your Thread Title EVER again.

Ever.

Training looks good...

I love the way you're showing your progress.. Im thinking about doing the same now It's awesome cause you have experienced people from divisions other than your own giving you advice for new training techniques... I will keep up with your routin as well as decide if I will start my own like this..lol

Fighting on SATURDAY NIGHT (boxing)!!! just found out about it.

12:00 Cardio workout (light weight, high rep, little rest)
Bench 3x15
decline 2x15
pec dec 3x15
pull ups 2x 12,10
lat rows 2x 15
lat pulldwn 2x15
leg ext 3x15
alt dumbell lunge 3x10
squat 2x10
jog 10 mins sprint 10 mins

8:00 BOXING

3x3 min rope warmup
shadow boxing
2 rounds focus mitts
2 rounds heavy bag

3 x 3 min rounds conditioning --- 30 sec lat jumps, 30 sec med ball push, 30 sec pushups,

Hey, man. What's up? You got some cool stuff in here. I like the thing that you do on the treadmill about increasing the speed as you limit your time...never thought of doing that. Just thought I'd give you a suggestion on doing 'cardio' (unless you've already heard of this and/or done this before...):

One thing I like to do that really helped my stamina in wrestling was this - Get on a stationary bike and go for 20 minutes. Doesn't sound too bad, right :D ...here's the catch ... ...for the FIRST 30 seconds of every minute, go at an average, relaxed speed ... ...then, for the LAST 30 seconds of each minute go at an ALL out, balls-to-the-wall, maximum speed. What you get out of it really is what you put in...if you don't try your hardest and only put in 4/5 effort or something like that, then you won't get optimal results.... If you truly go your hardest for those 30 seconds of each minute (for 20 minutes), then I think that'd really benefit you ... it did wonders for me, atleast...just a suggestion. You might want to try that and if you want, mix in every once in a while. :D

diligent thanks alot bro ....thanks to you ive found the workout im doing on sunday... any more suggestions throw them my way

wrestlintitan said:
diligent thanks alot bro ....thanks to you ive found the workout im doing on sunday... any more suggestions throw them my way

Actually, I forgot one thing...I try to set the level of resistance on the stationary bike at the gym to like a 10, which is not 'hard'...but it's not easy, either...I think anybody would be fine doing it as long as they don't have the level on something either too easy or too heavy, y'know? :D

hmm that stationary bike thing is really just HIIT cardio right? I do this while running on a track, like I'll sprint 100yrds then I'll slowly jog around the bend, then sprint again. Its hard as hell, especially right after wrestling conditioning and Muay Thai, and I didn't have anything to eat/drink for those 4hrs. I'm working on cutting down too. I really think its to my benefit to drop from 152s to 145s. I'll be a cardio machine, and I want to keep a grip on my strength too.

Truculent said:
hmm that stationary bike thing is really just HIIT cardio right? I do this while running on a track, like I'll sprint 100yrds then I'll slowly jog around the bend, then sprint again. Its hard as hell, especially right after wrestling conditioning and Muay Thai, and I didn't have anything to eat/drink for those 4hrs. I'm working on cutting down too. I really think its to my benefit to drop from 152s to 145s. I'll be a cardio machine, and I want to keep a grip on my strength too.

Um, I don't know...what is HIT? Yeah, you can do it on the track, too...but that can be real hard on yer joints/knees/hips...I find that doing the stationary bike is a lil' less stressful on my joints...wrestling/weights/long distance running is already hard enough on my body (for me)...sprinting on the ground just kills my knees...

october 14 2005 ----- FIGHTING TOMMOROW NIGHT

8:00 Boxing trainer

3 round rope warmup
3 round shadow boxing
2 rounds maize ball
5 round focus mitts

FIGHT WAS SICK

WON ALL THREE ROUNDS

came in strong as fuck in the 3rd almost ko'd him got the standing 8 count
training is paying off... wrestling season officially starts monday, practice 5-6 times a week plus boxing is gunna be rough but who gives a fuck

Sunday oct 16 2005

Feeling a little soar after the fight last night , took it easy today considering first day of wrestling is tommorow

6:00

Nice easy paced 5 mile run took about 30 mins

worked some maize ball
3x3 rounds skill emphasis(technique and combinations)

Monday Oct 17 2005

4:00 Wrestling practice

one hour of hard drilling half hour live wrestling
Conditioning- sprints, buddy carries and baby carries as well as pushups

wrestlintitan said:
FIGHT WAS SICK

WON ALL THREE ROUNDS

came in strong as fuck in the 3rd almost ko'd him got the standing 8 count
training is paying off... wrestling season officially starts monday, practice 5-6 times a week plus boxing is gunna be rough but who gives a fuck

Congratulations! Wrestling 5-6 times a week + boxing...wow.

4:00 wrestling

Hour drilling
Half hour life situations from top and bottom

conditioning
50yrd sprint
10 push ups 10 sit up
100yrd sprint
10 push ups 10 sit ups
150yrs sprint
10 push ups 10 sit ups
200 yrds sprint
10 push ups 10 sit ups

8:00 Boxing Trainer

3 rounds skipping rope warmup
2 rounds shaddow boxing
5 rounds focus mits !!!

Conditioning

WED OCT 19 2005

4:00 Wrestling

Hour drilling
Live---top and bottom 30 secong go's for 15 mins
sprints

tommorow and friday are gunna be rough.. boxing and wrestling both days plus sparring after wrestling practice

Anyone have thoughts about sparring 15 minutes after wrestling practice ????????????????

Back