WrEsTLing 7 yrs BoXinG 2 mONths.... HOWS MY TRAINING GOIN ???

wrestlintitan said:
Well i got the infection tuesday and i couldnt wrestle since then... this is the nastyest shit ive ever seen, im embaressed to even leave the house. The first couple of days i kept up with push ups but then the antibiotics gave me a 102 fever and a soar throught. best i could do was lay in bed and watch dvds and TUF 2 reruns. I lost about 5 lbs sweating from the fever but ill prob gain that all back when i get better. hopefully i can start my routine again next weekend while my team is away at a wrestling tourny that i cant go to bc i COULDNT FUCKING DO SHIT...

watever theres nothing i can do now, the one good thing thats come out of this is that im motivated as hell to get back on the mat and in the ring.

I hope that stuff clears up, bro.... Man, you seemed to be on a roll at training, too...and then this stuff.... So what do you do to get rid of it?

yea training was goin real good .... ive been taking 2 pills a day my doctor gave me plus a special wash for the shower and a cream for after. should be able to get back into it this weekend.

Finally back to training

i went to my boxing class thursday and boxing trainer friday morning
This monday i start wrestling again and i have only a week to get in competition shape and cut from 153 to 141...

ill start posting my workouts again

Monday Nov 14, 2005

4:00 wrestling practice

warmup
5- 50 yrd sprints
45 mins drilling
Stairs run 15 minutes !
10 - 50 yrd sprints
5 mins weighted jump rope

tuesday Nov 15 2005

4:00 wrestling practice

warmup
circut -30 sec on 30 sec off pumping out as many reps as possible
15 min plate workout
10 mins drilling
wrestled two matches in a row live
sprints

8:00 Boxing

3 round rope warmup
3 round shodow boxing
2 round heavy bag
3 x 2min rounds sparring
conditioning-
10 jumpin jacks 10 push ups 10 sit ups - 9, 9 , 9 - 8, 8, 8, all the way down to 1

suprisingly felt good sparring after a week off and a really tough day.

weighed in at 146 after boxing so thats good that im only 5lbs over for East Stroudsberg opean this weekend !

Wed Nov 16 2005

4:00 Wrestling

Hardest practice to date and felt like shit from being out of action the last week and a half

warmup
hard drilling 5 min high crotchs, 5 min singles, 5 min duck unders
LIve wrestling 2x 1 min goes on bottom, 1 on top and 1 min rest - 3 times
Live on feet 1 minute goes Sharks (2 in 1 rest)-15-20 mins
sprints for a half hour-- torture !!

... but i weighed in at 145 after practice which is the lowest ive been in a while, 141 sat morning is still gunna be hard tho.

wrestlintitan said:
Wed Nov 16 2005

4:00 Wrestling

Hardest practice to date and felt like shit from being out of action the last week and a half

warmup
hard drilling 5 min high crotchs, 5 min singles, 5 min duck unders
LIve wrestling 2x 1 min goes on bottom, 1 on top and 1 min rest - 3 times
Live on feet 1 minute goes Sharks (2 in 1 rest)-15-20 mins
sprints for a half hour-- torture !!

... but i weighed in at 145 after practice which is the lowest ive been in a while, 141 sat morning is still gunna be hard tho.

Sprinting for half an hour...wow. How tall art yee?

wrestlintitan said:
Sunday oct 16 2005

Feeling a little soar after the fight last night , took it easy today considering first day of wrestling is tommorow

6:00

Nice easy paced 5 mile run took about 30 mins

worked some maize ball
3x3 rounds skill emphasis(technique and combinations)

HAHAH you ran 5 miles in 30 mins.....6 min mile is an easy pace?????? please

BTW good luck w/ training

have you ever heard Bas Ruttens MMA workout . Its great i do it all the time. Lots of types of rounds and 2 or 3 min round w/ 1 min rest between x 10 rounds....>Tons of options. Best 50 bucks ive ever spent

Back