WrEsTLing 7 yrs BoXinG 2 mONths.... HOWS MY TRAINING GOIN ???

Diligent said:
Um, I don't know...what is HIT? Yeah, you can do it on the track, too...but that can be real hard on yer joints/knees/hips...I find that doing the stationary bike is a lil' less stressful on my joints...wrestling/weights/long distance running is already hard enough on my body (for me)...sprinting on the ground just kills my knees...

HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training = emhpasizes on explosiveness

good point you made about running vs. bike. I never thought about it. I also never thought about the increase in resistance the bike would offer. good points.

Truculent said:
HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training = emhpasizes on explosiveness

good point you made about running vs. bike. I never thought about it. I also never thought about the increase in resistance the bike would offer. good points.

Word.

wrestlintitan, if you can spar 15 minutes after wrestling...heck, why not? Just make sure you listen to your body. If you listen to yer body, you should have a pretty good idea of if you can or can't, y'know? ... in which, that will probably vary from day to day, depending on how sore/how much energy/if your sick/etc.....

Thursday OCT 19 2005

4:00 wrestling practice

Weightlifting (30 seconds per station blasting out as many reps as possible)
30 minutes non stop 30 work, 30 seconds rest

Sprints
300 yrd sprint
300 yrd sprint
100 yrd sprint
100 yrd sprint
50 yrd sprint
50 yrd sprint

10 minutes drilling
Live top and bottom 30 second go's
neutral (takedowns) 3x 1:00
HARD DRILLING 10 minutes

8:00 Boxing
3 round rope warmup
2 round reaction ball
5 rounds foot work toeing the line w/ jabs and rite cross's

3 rounds conditioning-
3X(squat jumps on balance ball w/med ball, 1/4 turns on balance ball, medicine ball pushouts)

boy am i gunna sleep good tonite

Thanks Diligent... i talked to my trainer and hes gunna work with me friday morning then im gunna rest up and go to wreslting at 3..... Saturday morning ill spar and sat night and sunday im gunna rest up to make sure im ready to go hard next week.

Friday Oct 20 2005

8:00 am Boxing trainer

3 round rope warmup
3 rounds maize ball & slip rope
4 rounds focus mitts
1 round reaction ball

3:00 Wrestling

OLYMPIC grecco roman coach Steve Fraser came down to work with us on some double leg defense and single leg defense. It was sick to learn from the same guy that trained Rolan Gardner.

we drilled worked on the stuff he showed us then wresltled live for about 20 mins then did some conditioning .

sat oct 21 2005

11:00

2 round rope warmup
2 rounds shadow boxing
3 rounds sparring

besides maby a jog tommorow i think im going to rest up for next week
boxing 4 days sparring 1
wrestling practice 5 days - next week

wrestlintitan said:
Friday Oct 20 2005

8:00 am Boxing trainer

3 round rope warmup
3 rounds maize ball & slip rope
4 rounds focus mitts
1 round reaction ball

3:00 Wrestling

OLYMPIC grecco roman coach Steve Fraser came down to work with us on some double leg defense and single leg defense. It was sick to learn from the same guy that trained Rolan Gardner.

we drilled worked on the stuff he showed us then wresltled live for about 20 mins then did some conditioning .

wait...the Greco-Roman coach was focusing on holds/techniques below the waist? Did he not show you guys an Greco-Roman stuff?

Haha i actually didnt even think about that till you brought it up.. but no he didnt show us greco stuff. He was a college wrestling coach for many years before coaching the olympic team, it is college wrestling season now so he showed us things that are going to help us in the present style that we are competing in. He had very limited time so he showed us a few things that he thought would help us the most.

SUN OCT 22 2005

1:00 Boxing workout
quick rope warmup
6 rounds heavy bag workout

200 pushups
200 situps
sets of 30

Just a nit picking thing that you may find useful
When you log and weight training, you may find it helpful to log how much weight you have actually shifted, so you can plan your next session better and as time goes on see how you've progressed and why that may have been the case incase you plateau out later on.

Ian... i dont like to stop my workout to write down weights and after im done i forget how much i did. Thats something that im going to work on.
Thanks guys.. keep the advice comming

Monday Oct 24 2005

4:eek:o wrestling practice
hour and a half drilling
half hour live takedowns and mat wrestling
sprints and rope climps

8:00 Boxing trainer
5 rounds rope jumping
3 rounds working on slips
3 rounds focus mitts
5 rounds speed bag

wrestlintitan said:
Haha i actually didnt even think about that till you brought it up.. but no he didnt show us greco stuff. He was a college wrestling coach for many years before coaching the olympic team, it is college wrestling season now so he showed us things that are going to help us in the present style that we are competing in. He had very limited time so he showed us a few things that he thought would help us the most.

SUN OCT 22 2005

1:00 Boxing workout
quick rope warmup
6 rounds heavy bag workout

200 pushups
200 situps
sets of 30

Oh, ok. Either way, that's awesome he got to show you guys some stuff.:)

wrestlintitan said:
Ian... i dont like to stop my workout to write down weights and after im done i forget how much i did. Thats something that im going to work on.
Thanks guys.. keep the advice comming

Monday Oct 24 2005

4:eek:o wrestling practice
hour and a half drilling
half hour live takedowns and mat wrestling
sprints and rope climps

8:00 Boxing trainer
5 rounds rope jumping
3 rounds working on slips
3 rounds focus mitts
5 rounds speed bag

fair enough

I don't right down the weight numbers either, I just right up my log on sherdog when I get home.
Have a look at my log on here and see how good my memory has to be :wink:

Tues oct 25 2005

4:00 wrestling

Weight circut 30 secs on 30 secs off every body part

45 lb plate workout -5sets-
10 cleans, 10 front shoulder lifts, 10 shoulder press, 10 squats, 10 bent over lat rows, 10 chest pushs, hold straight out for 10 seconds.

20 mins drilling
20 minutes live wrestling top and bottom

20x 50 yrd sprints

8:00 Boxing...arms felt like jello after wrestling workout i was debating whether to go or not but i remembered i wana be a beast!

3 rounds rope warmup
3 rounds heavy bag
2 rounds reaction ball
2 rounds slip rope
1 round uppercut bag

3 x 3 min rounds conditioning --- 30 sec lat jumps, 30 sec med ball push, 30 sec pushups,
10 squat jumps, 30 sec med ball

TOUGH DAY but atleast tommorow i only have wrestling

WED OCT 26 2005

4:00 wrestling

hour drilling
5x 50yrd sprints
10 minutes live on feet
10 minutes live top and bottom

RELAXED after wrestling yesterday made me soar for the first time in a whilebut tommorow im back at it again

Thurs OCt 27 2005

Wrestling 4:00

light drillin for an hour
half hour live

boxing 8:00

rope warmup
4 rounds heavy bag
3 rounds slips n defense

3 x 3 min rounds conditioning --- 30 sec lat jumps, 30 sec med ball push, 30 sec pushups,
10 squat jumps, 30 sec med ball sit ups

Friday OCT 28 2005

8:00am Boxing trainer

3 round rope warmup
6 rounds focus mitts
1 round heavy bag
1 round reaction ball

12:00 wrestling
45 min drilling
weight lifting circut
5 sets of pullups 14, 10, 7, 5, 5

8:00pm Boxing

quick warmup
7 rounds heavy bag skill emphasis

fucking have a shit STAPH INFECTION ON the right side of my scalp/ face... anyone ever deal with that shit before????

wrestlintitan said:
fucking have a shit STAPH INFECTION ON the right side of my scalp/ face... anyone ever deal with that shit before????

Dang. Sorry, man. What happens now?

Well i got the infection tuesday and i couldnt wrestle since then... this is the nastyest shit ive ever seen, im embaressed to even leave the house. The first couple of days i kept up with push ups but then the antibiotics gave me a 102 fever and a soar throught. best i could do was lay in bed and watch dvds and TUF 2 reruns. I lost about 5 lbs sweating from the fever but ill prob gain that all back when i get better. hopefully i can start my routine again next weekend while my team is away at a wrestling tourny that i cant go to bc i COULDNT FUCKING DO SHIT...

watever theres nothing i can do now, the one good thing thats come out of this is that im motivated as hell to get back on the mat and in the ring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back