Social WR Lounge v 275: Street Food

Favorite street food

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ol dude from Vancouver back in the day who I'm blanking ons name ...cloutier I think was also always freaking out.

The opposite was Osgood who never really freaked out unless Colorado was in town. But it's understandable ol Claude brings out the worst in people.
Tim Thomas trying to cut Burrows leg off at the knee and laying out a Sedin sister comes to mind. Granted it was after Rome ended Horton’s career though.

Tim Thomas trying to cut Burrows leg off at the knee and laying out a Sedin sister comes to mind. Granted it was after Rome ended Horton’s career though.

A lot of times when goalies freak out its well deserved.

I think my fave goalie freak out isn't a fight though. Hasek was outta place on a wrap around and straight flipped the net. Think when he was on Buffalo vs dallas

A lot of times when goalies freak out its well deserved.

I think my fave goalie freak out isn't a fight though. Hasek was outta place on a wrap around and straight flipped the net. Think when he was on Buffalo vs dallas
Lundquivst did that too.

Hasek also flipped that Wild player in a breakaway.

Lundquivst did that too.

Hasek also flipped that Wild player in a breakaway.

Guy was crazy as fuck. Or in it to win it and could not stand to lose. I think he even got in fights playing roller hockey in the off season. What a once in a life time talent. Just throwing himself all over the place and making saves in the most interesting of ways. Like the Anderson silva of the nhl.

I seriously miss the days of Detroit being that team everyone hated to play. It was glorious watching them go from the dead wings to a true powerhouse team that made every other team seethe and fans rage. The Colorado games were the epitome of what a hockey game should be like. Stevie should have a rio Jesus sized statue right smack in the middle of the city.

Guy was crazy as fuck. Or in it to win it and could not stand to lose. I think he even got in fights playing roller hockey in the off season. What a once in a life time talent. Just throwing himself all over the place and making saves in the most interesting of ways. Like the Anderson silva of the nhl.

I seriously miss the days of Detroit being that team everyone hated to play. It was glorious watching them go from the dead wings to a true powerhouse team that made every other team seethe and fans rage. The Colorado games were the epitome of what a hockey game should be like. Stevie should have a rio Jesus sized statue right smack in the middle of the city.

The obsession with winning is what caused the Red Wings downfall.

The obsession with winning is what caused the Red Wings downfall.

Yea dude. We were like heroin addicts and chased it so bad. It was frustrating to watch. As fans we new what time it was it seems long before the brass. We got really wild with some contracts too.

Yea dude. We were like heroin addicts and chased it so bad. It was frustrating to watch. As fans we new what time it was it seems long before the brass. We got really wild with some contracts too.
Part of it was the owner's obsession with bringing stuff to Detroit. He brought the Cup then tried to do the same with the Tigers and failed there:

It's honestly pretty sad.

That pitching rotation they had all have World Series rings... WITH OTHER TEAMS.

David Price
Max Scherzer
Verlander
Annibal Sanchez
Rick Porcello

That was a scary rotation and all those guys got rings elsewhere.

@Khabib Khanate What do you think Marjorie Taylor Green reflects on the social-political posture of the Republican Party? You're, of course, quite a bit more socially conservative than I am, so I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

When it broke last year or whenever it was that she had had a bunch of extramarital affairs and had been running around on her husband, it annoyed me. Politicians cheating on their spouses isn't anything new, from Trump to Ted Cruz to Bill Clinton to that Cal Cunningham moron whose indiscretions just cost the Democrats a Senate majority. Even Ilhan Omar, one of my favorite current legislators, committed adultery in some fashion or another. So I wasn't sure why it irked me. I came to the conclusion that it was because Green doesn't, as far as I can tell, even present a façade of moral conservatism to fill in her aggressive representation of religious conservatism. She's openly the sort of personality that would be not at all ashamed to run around on a spouse, and that bold immorality is woven into her political identity and platform, which brands itself as fundamentally and aggressively Christian. Everyone kind of guessed that the moral conservative angle was always just an arrowhead on reactionary politics (and that Christianity was just an ethnic vehicle), but a lot of us kind of hoped that was overly cynical and that salt-of-the-earth types would choose moral righteousness if it was divorced from higher-priority political considerations. I think that's pretty clearly not the case now, as MTG won election over a primary opponent who did challenge her from a more traditionally moral conservative position. But MTG destroyed the field. Because it really is just about power.

Basically, bottom line is that I'm now absolutely sure that American religious conservatives have no moral backbone. But I wonder whether that imputes across the world. Are religiously conservative rural Iranians purely using religious conservatism as a political and ethnic bludgeon?

Wow thanks! I admit the top level has gotten smaller over time. Sometimes you, Jack, Zankou, Deorum, and even essie lately make points that I assume make sense but I can't get to the core of myself.

Often because I just don't have the familiarity with or contextual understanding of the subject being discussed that I could.

Tbh, I assume you are smarter than all of those posters. Certainly me. Except maybe Zankou. But he's had posts that fall into that "over my head" category in the past. And I used to assume that meant that I was just too dumb or unfamiliar with the topic to understand, or that I wasn't trying hard enough. But the past few years have really put a dent in my deference to perceived competence. I now lean toward thinking that it signals they're partly bullshitting, they don't understand their own message, or they aren't great at communicating.

For me, my area of expertise is so narrow that, if you aren't understanding something that I am saying outside of legal topics, I'm probably in one of the three groups above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back