Social WR Lounge v 275: Street Food

Favorite street food

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since others are doing their favorite posters list I might as well post one that isn't sarcastic.

First off we got @TeTe and @Rebelfett as the like brigade, gotta shout them out for that

@Jack V Savage always has interesting sources and suggestions for further reading, I've learned a lot through that.

@AgonyandIrony and @Trotsky are the best far left posters, definitely like their vibe and they're passionate and informed posters on lots of topics I like to think I am also passionate and informed on.

@PolishHeadlock2 is the best Twitter correspondent and is very efficient with his rhetorical jabs, a true forum sniper

@Deorum one of the more unique contributors in terms of his expertise and his personal background, really cool cat is all I can say.

@sickness2.0 and @essie are good newcomers to the Lounge here

@Gregolian and @Falsedawn are fellow weebs so gotta recognize them for that.

I'm sure I missed people, that's off the top of my head as
Lol @ @TeTe that old man is past his prime in liking. Finna send him out to sea fairly soon.
<rawsun>

I think this always needs to be shown by it's lonesome lol

That's the definitive Hextall moment for me.

maxresdefault.jpg

That image of him being restrained by linesmen to the point his damn jersey is pulled off.

Marty Biron had some psycho moments iirc.

Goalies are just... different lol.

That's a good way to break it down. I thought about writing a tier list but then I think I'd offend people based on their placement on the tiers. Another problem which you sort of touch on there is that there are various traits that I appreciate in posters. Here in the WR being articulate and well informed is great but I also appreciate posters with a good sense of humor.
Ya, I think if this was Mayberry it would look a little different, but I try to keep the general purpose of the forum somewhat in mind. Everyone is welcome to prioritize as they see fit (unless they're just here to pump up drama, in which case they can fuck off).

I also don't formally rank posters (this has all been subconscious until now), except for the ignore list tier I guess.

Mods are tier 7

I prefer a tier system to best/worst lists.

My tiers are:

Top-level contributor - learn from these, high-level posts that I'm usually too dumb to evaluate, prompt me to do better, I will not repeat their arguments because I don't understand them

Excellent poster - well-articulated positions, I tend to agree or feel compelled to look into it them more if I disagree, I will read their sources and use their arguments irl to sound smart

Good poster - less well-articulated though I generally agree, or well-articulated but I can't possibly imagine how they got there (fine line with top-level), sometimes too lazy to post sources, excellent-level information posters who are otherwise douchy can end up here, also some of the funnier and nicer guys who are lighter on the content

Could do better - evidence of the poster being intelligent despite habitual bad thinking or writing, lots of potential to improve, will consider them even when I disagree just to make sure there are not any obvious gaps in my own positions

Scroll on - usually will scroll right by, mostly opinion posters with little content provided, when content is provided it's prioritized so poorly that I don't bother reading, uninformed rather than malevolent, some could do better posters who are shitty people end up here

Forum pollution - better off not reading, clearly using the forum to push a garbage agenda or their own gross values or egos, lies and misrepresents sources and/or other posters, incapable of responding honestly, straight to the ignore list

I want you to categorize literally every semi-regular WR poster.

Although, I would assume you have some of the best, if not the best, reading comprehension on the board. So if you can't understand a poster's arguments, they probably shouldn't be in the top category.

The wife must be using onions to make dinner tonight....
You know what I hate about dogs?

When you have a kid you recognize that the kid will need to endure some hardship to become a functional, resilient human. You can delay pain, but it has to happen a little at least, and ultimately some will be good.

Not the case with dogs. Their suffering is meaningless. Ergo your job is to keep them happy all the time, and any sadness or pain they experience through their innocent little lives are a net negative on the universe that is pretty much exclusively your fault.

That's a lot of responsibility!

I want you to categorize literally every semi-regular WR poster.

Although, I would assume you have some of the best, if not the best, reading comprehension on the board. So if you can't understand a poster's arguments, they probably shouldn't be in the top category.
Wow thanks! I admit the top level has gotten smaller over time. Sometimes you, Jack, Zankou, Deorum, and even essie lately make points that I assume make sense but I can't get to the core of myself.

Often because I just don't have the familiarity with or contextual understanding of the subject being discussed that I could.

When you have a kid you recognize that the kid will need to endure some hardship to become a functional, resilient human. You can delay pain, but it has to happen a little at least, and ultimately some will be good.

Not the case with dogs. Their suffering is meaningless. Ergo your job is to keep them happy all the time, and any sadness or pain they experience through their innocent little lives are a net negative on the universe that is pretty much exclusively your fault.

God dammit

Gonna have to give my dog a big hug when I get home from work

Stop trying to make me feel feelings

Maddest NHL goalies:
Hextall: literally attacking refs and players with his stick

Roy: quits mid game after being pulled and demands a trade while on the bench

Brodeur: throwing shit

Rask: throwing broken skate at ref and launching gear onto the ice

Hasek: falling while trying to start a fight

Ol dude from Vancouver back in the day who I'm blanking ons name ...cloutier I think was also always freaking out.

The opposite was Osgood who never really freaked out unless Colorado was in town. But it's understandable ol Claude brings out the worst in people.

Ol dude from Vancouver back in the day who I'm blanking ons name ...cloutier I think was also always freaking out.

The opposite was Osgood who never really freaked out unless Colorado was in town. But it's understandable ol Claude brings out the worst in people.
Cloutier is a good one.

Emery fought a bunch but never seemed really mad about it lol.

I can handle the responsibility

Peteson and clyde are always happy and know they are loved and even when they fuck up its not their fault cuz I and they both know the limitations of being a dog.

Sadly they keep getting older and I fear the day is coming soon. I'm trying to let them know they are the best boys with what time we still have to enjoy

Sometimes if I'm making a sundea or some cheese cake I make them a real small one too. They aren't fat and they love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back