WOW more fighters should go Bellator and get "paid"

Unless you are getting legit good sponsors which most bellator are not then the pay difference is still huge.

You can say that, but most fighters that lost their "condomn depot" and "corn nuts" sponsors went nuts when it happened. So I'd say that the money was significant.

Also, fighters seems to like or respect coker.

Damn, that is a pretty stark contrast. To be fair wasn't that supposed to be a PPV? Maybe that factored into it a bit?

Not the point of the thread, but it's great to see Quicksand getting paid pretty well. The mullet abides.

The general public doesn't even know bellator exists. Like it or not the UFC is thought of as the nfl or nba of mma

This does not fit within the frame of anti UFC circlejerk. OP lies.

Well none of them guys have leverage.Daley cant exactly sign with the ufc.

The only guys getting paid in Bellator are Brooks/chandler/Tito/ken/Kimbo/Royce/Bendo/Phil Davis the rest are making peanuts

That being said if your a big name and u enter free agency they will spend the big dollars to get you

Looks almost like a UFC payscale, except these fighters are allowed real sponsorship money

Which they won't be making because Bellator cards draw like 700k viewers on a cable network that isn't even on basic packages for many companies.

They might make an extra 20-40k a year in sponsorships fighting in Bellator.

Well sooner or later someone is going to make shill accusations against you. Just a matter of time you Zuffa sycophant.

Bellator obviously doesn't have the same money, but it serves it's purpose. It's mere existence drives up the UFC wages due to competition. A monopoly is good for nobody [Except of course Zuffa].

Sponsorships are a big deal even for fighters in lower level promotions. I talked to Tim McKenzie once back when he was fighting in the WEC and he told me that if your fight is televised each logo displayed is worth 1k dollars. From the UFC-level fighters I talked to it seemed pretty similar, 1k-2k per sponsor. Of course the huge sponsorships like GSP's Gatorade probably made him over 1 mil.

Looks almost like a UFC payscale, except these fighters are allowed real sponsorship money

You know, a few years ago in fighter pay discussions, some of us said that people were ignoring the sponsorship money fighters were making (on the UFC platform), and we were told it was negligible. Now that it's been diminished, some people are talking about how much the fighters are losing. All of a sudden it was "real money" when it fact it always was.

And it's also clear that it was the UFC platform that was attractive, not the fighters.

You know the shout outs fighters used to do after a fight for after parties at clubs? A friend of mine manages clubs in Montreal and they would pay fifty grand for one of those.

Fighter pay is an incredibly complex issue. People shouldn't feel so confident they know what's going on.

Alex Nicholson got his jaw snapped for $10,000. Sucks for him

Seeing those cards side-by-side makes me realize how bad fighter pay sucks across the board. Most of those people might as well get 9 to 5 jobs, get promoted in their 30s and retire with a semi-comfortable job. It sucks to say that but it's the truth.

I guess the impetus is on them to go shilling for sponsors.

Back