WOW more fighters should go Bellator and get "paid"

Seeing those cards side-by-side makes me realize how bad fighter pay sucks across the board. Most of those people might as well get 9 to 5 jobs, get promoted in their 30s and retire with a semi-comfortable job. It sucks to say that but it's the truth.

No crap.......prize fighting is high-risk and high-reward. If on average it paid as well as a solid 9-5 job with benefits and a retirement plan, more people would do it. The best of the best make large sums of money, the good ones do well, and the mediocre to poor get crumbs. Not a bad deal for something that requires no formal education.

Last edited:
UFC's gonna have to step it up or they're gonna see a lot of their fighters jump ship. And honestly, the direction UFC is headed right now with Dana's lap dogs getting more money than anyone else just for being his lap dogs, I wouldn't blame them at all for the decision.

If you are fighting for 1000 dollars you can't possibly be spending any money to train and certainly have to be employed

I can't believe how over paid Hendricks is. 100k? I'd cut his pay or tell him to walk.

Top fighters go to Bellator because they negotiate their own contracts.
You think Tito or Rampage or Benson aren't/weren't making at least 100k show money?
Bonnar probably got 50k to put on a horrible display of skill against Tito though.

Many of those fighters aren't top promotion ready so it makes sense they make a lot less.
We will see what fighters think of their offers in the future by who they sign with, UFC or Bellator.

Oh and...
How much is it worth to work for someone other than Dana? One needs to be paid more if they are dealing with a difficult boss.
Micky gall with one pro fights gets paid almost as Paul Daley.

This is a misleading comparison...

If you put those same Bellator fighters in the UFC, would the UFC pay them the same amount that Bellator paid them?

I seriously doubt it...

In addition, those fighters in Bellator can get their own sponsors and keep all the sponsorship money, whereas Reebok pays nothing...

Why would an organization that doesn't get good ratings nor sell PPVs be a more lucrative place to be than the UFC? Are people that dumb? Henderson is gone because the UFC didn't want him enough to pay him what garbage Bellator offered him. That's it. If the UFC wanted Ben they could have crushed the offer from Bellator.

Micky gall with one pro fights gets paid almost as Paul Daley.

Micky Gall being fatten up before he is fed to CM Punk... That's the only reason why he's getting paid that amount.

Im not even sure if bellator can keep signing as big of names as benson though their ratings depend on them. Daley had a 600k viewership and when they put freak fights they get big viewings, crapping dilemma to be in. cant build their own fighters

Ahh, haha thank god! I almost punched my computer because of you o_O
Ahahah, sorry, bud! :D

Guy%20punches%20THROUGH%20his%20monitor.gif

UFC - Founded in 1993.
Bellator - Founded in 2008.

Great comparison of salaries.

Schaub said he gets 100k from sponser alone.
The money isn't in the fight. It's in the sponsers.

I don't see why UFC fighters can't still make big sponsorship money from their social media accounts. My daughter is a no-name nobody making $50k (per annum) in her spare time posting cross-fit and fishing pictures to her instagram with 200-250k followers.

Page Van Zant has more followers than Bellator has viewers. Holly has nearly as many as watched the last UFC FS1 card. Anderson Silva has twice as many as Holly. Conor has three times as many.

There's BIG money there if you're willing to put in the effort and engage with people on social media.

Back