WOW more fighters should go Bellator and get "paid"

basically the undercards for bellator are like regional shows meant to see what the local talent is like, kind of like strikeforce challenger series.

I would rather work a day job than get my jaw snapped for 10k just saying. I'm not sure what type of work you do but I'm sure most of us would agree that we would want to get paid a little more to get our jaw snapped, its just my observation not that he deserves more for being 6-1.

Oh, for sure.

Look at it this way... Do you pay your Best fighters uber bucks and the rest less? Or do you pay you your best fighters less so you can pay the rest of the fighters more? Dana choose the first option.
People are dumb.

Think of it like this. People will line up around the block to try and win a Billion dollar lottery because they want that massive pay day. I laugh at the idiots who will line up for a billion dollar pay day but not a typical $300MM draw because you know, $300MM is just not enough to line up for. lol, so dumb.

The smartest lottery would be one that offered 1000 million dollar winners instead of one Billion dollar winner but again the average person is too dumb to understand that. Too greedy.

The UFC realizes that even if only a few fighters make huge bucks that will motivate others to chase that big win far more then if they spread the money out more evenly throughout the ranks.

Josh Thomson's official Bellator show purses are like $10K, but the UFC wouldn't match the offer that Bellator gave him.

Likely, as someone pointed out before, that is about avoiding taxes. He most likely got most of his money upfront, like the deal with Henderson who will also probably have a seemingly low show purse.

Nate Diaz and his manager apparently negotiated a similar deal where he got his money upfront with lower show purses and then thought he could make the UFC negotiate or cut him and keep the upfront money. That is Diaz logic after all.
How does that avoid taxes?

I would rather work a day job than get my jaw snapped for 10k just saying. I'm not sure what type of work you do but I'm sure most of us would agree that we would want to get paid a little more to get our jaw snapped, its just my observation not that he deserves more for being 6-1.

I work a day job and then train and spar for fun. I train with guys who work and fight for free. Others fight for very little. So don't put a price tag on what it takes to possibly get your face smashed in.

They have the money, but they are not going to throw it at every fighter.

Cherry picking the worst payouts, Ortiz gets like 300k and Phil Davis 150k. No one thinks the lower level guys on Bellator get paid well compared to UFC, but their big names do plus can cash in with sponsors. You're missing the point.

I hope Bellator does better and gets more name fighters, but not because I dislike the UFC, I just like the idea of two juggernauts putting on good cards against each other.

Those guts also aren't tied to a single sponsor that pays them pennies on the dollar. Not to mention the "big leagues", i.e. UFC, should pay significantly more, if that's what they market themselves as.

yea it'd be interesting to see how sponsorship freedom raises overall pay, if it does

I work a day job and then train and spar for fun. I train with guys who work and fight for free. Others fight for very little. So don't put a price tag on what it takes to possibly get your face smashed in.
Ok this thread started off by showing what fighters made on a recent ufc event and my original post was "Nicholson got his jaw snapped for 10k sucks for him". Then somebody responded to me about ufc insurance and how he financially did ok and so on, I replied to him that it was just my observation that he only got paid 10k in that fight and walked away with a brutally broken jaw. This is getting carried too far, if you would like I will happily snap your jaw for free.

Really would've thought Daley would get more, but when you think about it he really has no leverage because the UFC would never take him back. I mean he could go to WSOF or ONE but I doubt they break the bank over him either.

Generally the only reason we're allowed to discuss Bellator here is to bash it.
Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised by this thread.

God damn, a 20-30 year old sport paying its athletes this shit.
What were football players getting pain in the 50s???

Ryan Couture got $15k for his last UFC fight. Bellator paid him almost 25% more, plus allowed him to make more than $2500 on sponsors. And to top it all off, they didn't even ban his dad from cornering him...

Being salty won't bring Bendo back.

Ryan Couture got $15k for his last UFC fight. Bellator paid him almost 25% more, plus allowed him to make more than $2500 on sponsors. And to top it all off, they didn't even ban his dad from cornering him...

Being salty won't bring Bendo back.
Why should of the UFC paid Ryan a lot when all he did was be a wank fighter. The fact he makes close to what Daley makes just baffles me.

But Bellator treats their fighters so much better.
They would never let a fighter get the news about him being fired via the media!

Oh wait they just did that to Volkov.

Back