Wow! Does Hendricks really think Wonderboy was running?

Hendricks at the post fighter presser:
"He didn't fire back. He would continue to move. And then all of a sudden it was like, oh c'mon. I wanted him to fight, I wanted him to fight, I wanted him to fight. But I'm playing into his game."

lol. Johny got his ass beat though... so who was the one fighting?

Did "wonderboy" respond to this?

Well that's not a very accurate depiction of what he said either. Sure, he said Stephen was the better man quite a few times. Almost as many times as he described Stephen trying to "evade, evade, evade" or going "screw this, I'm backing out" after getting hit. He definitely seemed salty about it, but then again, I don't blame him. It can be very frustrating to lose like that. Kind of dumb to imply some higher standing by taking pride in "biting down on your mouthpiece and banging" instead of fighting a smart fight though - which is clearly what he was doing there.

Hendricks was frustrated because he had no gameplan. All he complained about was not fighting like that in camp to prepare for this fight. You guys are all reading into this as him making excuses; all I hear is a wrestler (might as well be a robot) who is pissed that he didn't even train for this in camp because (some) Karate dudes just wanna bang too, bro.

Hendricks at the post fighter presser:
"He didn't fire back. He would continue to move. And then all of a sudden it was like, oh c'mon. I wanted him to fight, I wanted him to fight, I wanted him to fight. But I'm playing into his game."

lol. Johny got his ass beat though... so who was the one fighting?

Really Johny..? I saw a man who couldn't close the the distance and looked very confused by the footwork and stance of the very rangey Wonderboy.

I'm just glad he's solidly out of title contention for the first time since like late 2012. It feels good guys.

Wonderboy is going to need a new nickname. Lol at Jonny being mad because Steven didnt back up to the cage.

Given how easily Wonder Boy put away Hendricks it's a bad indicator for Lawlor. Lawlor went 25 minutes with Hendricks twice. Wonder Boy smashed him in under 5.

Robbie better get comfortable not having the belt.
Given how fast Foremam knocked out Frazier, it didn't bode well for Ali.

Given how fast Foremam knocked out Frazier, it didn't bode well for Ali.

I'd say this is a little different. Wonder Boy beat the unholy shit out of Hendricks which is something Lawler has failed to do in 50 minutes. Wonder Boy finished him in less than 5 minutes.

Also, completely independent of their common opponent, Wonder Boy's striking looked amazing. He looks like a very serious threat to Robbie's belt.

Given how easily Wonder Boy put away Hendricks it's a bad indicator for Lawlor. Lawlor went 25 minutes with Hendricks twice. Wonder Boy smashed him in under 5.

Robbie better get comfortable not having the belt.

Hughes, Hallman, Trigg?
MMAth doesn't work....

I'd say this is a little different. Wonder Boy beat the unholy shit out of Hendricks which is something Lawler has failed to do in 50 minutes. Wonder Boy finished him in less than 5 minutes.

Also, completely independent of their common opponent, Wonder Boy's striking looked amazing. He looks like a very serious threat to Robbie's belt.

Trigg TKOd Hallman twice in the first round, and Hallman took less than 40 seconds to beat Matt Hughes twice, so Hughes had no chance against Trigg......

I'm glad Wonderboy won, but if I had to say ONE good thing about Hendricks, is that he doesn't run away or shoot for takedowns when hurt (vs. Robbie and Thompson)

Running fighters usually win fights by decision. Damn excuses ...

That's..... Almost an identical description what to I'm talking about.

Back