Wow! Does Hendricks really think Wonderboy was running?

Kenji Tomiki

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The guy was badlly schooled on the feet and was just hopping for takedown and clinching. I mean it was a FIRST round TKO. I really don't know if this guy is so delusional or it's just communication.

He won't stand and bang, bro

Did he actually say this? Just because some guys don't want to engage in a dog fight by standing on the outside and picking their opponents apart doesn't mean they're running away. Hard to say this especially when you get finished in the first.

Did he actually say this? Just because some guys don't want to engage in a dog fight by standing on the outside and picking their opponents apart doesn't mean they're running away. Hard to say this especially when you get finished in the first.
Yes he did in the post fight conference.

Very few if any elite strikers will hang in the pocket.

Conor, Pettis, Thompson, Rockhold, Barboza etc are all pretty elusive in style

Given how easily Wonder Boy put away Hendricks it's a bad indicator for Lawlor. Lawlor went 25 minutes with Hendricks twice. Wonder Boy smashed him in under 5.

Robbie better get comfortable not having the belt.

Hendricks at the post fighter presser:
"He didn't fire back. He would continue to move. And then all of a sudden it was like, oh c'mon. I wanted him to fight, I wanted him to fight, I wanted him to fight. But I'm playing into his game."

lol. Johny got his ass beat though... so who was the one fighting?

The guy was badlly schooled on the feet and was just hopping for takedown and clinching. I mean it was a FIRST round TKO. I really don't know if this guy is so delusional or it's just communication.

Delisuional and a real lack of advesity in his life.

Yeah that was a typical Hendricks comment. He finished you with strikes in the first round......

Very few if any elite strikers will hang in the pocket.

Conor, Pettis, Thompson, Rockhold, Barboza etc are all pretty elusive in style
You're forgetting the king of elusiveness, doot :eek:

BitterWetGreatdane.gif

tumblr_o15oreAtNc1u2ragso2_250.gif

tumblr_o15oreAtNc1u2ragso4_250.gif

People on this forum cling to everything johnny says to try and have a go at him.
What johnny was saying is wonderboy was avoiding all inside fighting, he never was a stationary target, people quote this shit but dont quote the countless times johnny said thompson was the better man, and that he felt great wonderboy was just the better man.
Pathetic how you morons act like vultures.

when hendrix was one punch KO man, i liked him. since his corner was heard yelling "hide your head!!" during the lawler fight, i have zero love for him.

less and less every time he speaks now.

Everything Askren told us about Hendricks is turning out to be true.

Given how easily Wonder Boy put away Hendricks it's a bad indicator for Lawlor. Lawlor went 25 minutes with Hendricks twice. Wonder Boy smashed him in under 5.

Robbie better get comfortable not having the belt.

I agree. MMAmath doesn't always work but in this case, I think it does clearly.

yeah just like this girl told me Holy was running from RR the whole fight

The dudes hung, clinged to fighters and rested his head under fighters balls for rounds at a time. He got schooled and smashed on the feet in a few minutes times.

He was also mad that his training partners were only going at 70%.

Hendricks was respectful but threw in a few jabs like (paraphrasing)..."Anytime I went to throw a strike, he wasn't there and evaded" and "I prefer fights like Lawler where we just stand and trade".

So yeah, like Diaz, he thinks guys like Thompson run away instead of fighting. I thought a KO would humble Hendricks but he blames his training partners and a bad style match up.

He read Nick's book. That's excuse number 1 right there, according to Diaz.

Yeah this stands as one of the most deluded things said by a guy after a loss, you got KOed in the first round dude...Do you understand what 'running away' means?

That's what happens when you and your gameplan are one dimensional.

Back