Wow! Does Hendricks really think Wonderboy was running?

Well on one level I'm offended that he's acting like this. He got legitimately beat and it's not close, yet he chooses to throw shade on the guy who did nothing but out skill him. On another level I guess it's just human to rationalize like this. He is desperate to believe that he can be champion again and he needs to find reasons why it can happen. This takes the form of him pretending that his opponent wasn't better and that he lost because his training was inadequate. Unfortunately for him I don't believe he can touch the belt again. He just doesn't have the skill or physical characteristics, and he's running out of time.

Given how easily Wonder Boy put away Hendricks it's a bad indicator for Lawlor. Lawlor went 25 minutes with Hendricks twice. Wonder Boy smashed him in under 5.

Robbie better get comfortable not having the belt.
Yeah and Matt Brown destroyed waterboy and Lawler beat Brown.

He looks incredibly fustrated, also wobbly, he's getting lit up by that fucking right high kick
YJTo1iQkXA0sE.gif

R8a0s4cH1H0Qg.gif

5EopqQVZTzJ1m.gif

4ofljpMbuXB16.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

You know why he thinks Wonderboy was Running? cuz Wonderboy, Kicked the shit outta Hendricks so bad that Hendricks had to take 8 steps to recover, and by that time he thought Wonderboy was the one running.

Look at that, every kick Wonderboy is dropping on Hendricks, is like a TNT bomb that Hendricks has to recover from.
I didn't see the fight. Was he being this tentative the whole fight? Hendricks, I mean. He usually likes to close the distance by rushing on his opponents so he can land that devastating bomb. Those gifs show a different Hendricks than I'm used to seeing ..

Definitely not taking anything away from Wonderboy, apparently he did an amazing job on Hendricks.

I just wonder if something was wrong or if Wonderboy just beat the 'right' out of Hendricks..

The fight lasted 3:30 min.
Those gifs are basically the fight.
Hendricks looked like a slow walking punching bag.

I didn't see the fight. Was he being this tentative the whole fight? Hendricks, I mean. He usually likes to close the distance by rushing on his opponents so he can land that devastating bomb. Those gifs show a different Hendricks than I'm used to seeing ..

Definitely not taking anything away from Wonderboy, apparently he did an amazing job on Hendricks.

I just wonder if something was wrong or if Wonderboy just beat the 'right' out of Hendricks..

tumblr_o26rzmOTPp1u2ragso3_250.gif

He was wary of closing the distance because when he did he'd get countered. People (rightfully) praise Wonderboy's kicks but he has great hands and is very accurate with his counters as well.

tumblr_o26rzmOTPp1u2ragso3_250.gif

He was wary of closing the distance because when he did he'd get countered. People (rightfully) praise Wonderboy's kicks but he has great hands and is very accurate with his counters as well.
Sounds like excellent work by Wonderboy. Kind of makes me wonder what gameplan Hendricks had for this fight..

Sounds like excellent work by Wonderboy. Kind of makes me wonder what gameplan Hendricks had for this fight..

Judging from his post fight comments he was expecting to pin Wonderboy against the fence and rough him up there. Johny wanted to make it an ugly, grueling fight. He underestimated how hard it'd be to consistently cut him off and got lit up like a Christmas tree.

Judging from his post fight comments he was expecting to pin Wonderboy against the fence and rough him up there. Johny wanted to make it an ugly, grueling fight. He underestimated how hard it'd be to consistently cut him off and got lit up like a Christmas tree.
Apparently things didn't go Hendricks's way. Oh well, Wonderboy seemed well prepared and hat's off to him.

He couldn't close the distance because WB is taller, has longer reach, Hendricks has t-rex arms, WB is a master of distance and timing

Idk what Hendricks thought was gonna happen if he thought a rangy karate guy from range while being shorter, slower and obviously less accurate

He didnt take him seriously at all and the post presser is just further proof

I hate it when a fighter says his opponent was "running" just because he wasn't stupid enough to stand and take shots for nothing. This is a sport, for fuck's sake, not a bar fight.

However, even though I think it's always stupid and annoying, you can still kind of understand what a fighter is trying to do when he brings this sort of excuse after a close 5-round decision. But when you come up with bullshit like that after getting ktfo in the first round, you're just deliberately making a fool out of yourself.

Hendricks expected Wonderboy to stand still like a wooden kung fu training dummy.

Did he actually say this? Just because some guys don't want to engage in a dog fight by standing on the outside and picking their opponents apart doesn't mean they're running away. Hard to say this especially when you get finished in the first.
He was saying that the training partners he brought in to emulate Wonderboy were more willing to trade in the pocket. He would close the distance a bit and then they'd exchange whereas Wonderboy would never oblige him.

Looks like Tyron Woodley wasn't lying when he said Hendricks is a whiny lil biatch

Given how easily Wonder Boy put away Hendricks it's a bad indicator for Lawlor. Lawlor went 25 minutes with Hendricks twice. Wonder Boy smashed him in under 5.

Robbie better get comfortable not having the belt.
True but Wonderboy got mauled by Brown in three rounds whereas Lawler was able to keep him at bay for five and take the W. Styles make fights man so who knows?

People on this forum cling to everything johnny says to try and have a go at him.
What johnny was saying is wonderboy was avoiding all inside fighting, he never was a stationary target, people quote this shit but dont quote the countless times johnny said thompson was the better man, and that he felt great wonderboy was just the better man.
Pathetic how you morons act like vultures.
The way he said it made it sound like he was whining but at the same time Ariel flat out asked him if he put too much on his plate for this camp and Hendricks said "No Thompson was just the better fighter" so I do think people are being too hard on him.

Lately johny's game plans have consisted of him trying to hump his opponents leg for 5 rounds while getting punched in the face

Too bad wonderboy robbed us fans of the opportunity to watch and enjoy johny execute his gameplan.

The dudes hung, clinged to fighters and rested his head under fighters balls for rounds at a time. He got schooled and smashed on the feet in a few minutes times.

He was also mad that his training partners were only going at 70%.
He's also finished Kampmann in seconds, stopped Fitch with one punch and should have a win over GSP.

Don't get me wrong, he says dumb stuff. But let's not act like he never had an exciting fight or had nothing besides wall 'n' stall going for him. He's a great fighter, that's why Thompson staight up schooling him actually means something.

Hendricks just couldn't keep that shit to himself now could he..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back